News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 22, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
Is it an eclipse or centro out of interest Ash? And I hope theyre not-the 226 cant make much money they should just leave it to Hansons and take back the 004 instead.
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 22, 2013, 12:02:38 PM
Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 11:24:30 PM
There is an older Wessex red b7rle parked up at Long Acre not sure what going to happen with it. So may be the 4 x 13 plate B7RLE could be for 226 or at least were originally for that service.

It was on eclipse an older style one.

Thanks Ash

PM

Quote from: Winston on August 22, 2013, 12:55:31 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 22, 2013, 12:02:38 PM
Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 11:24:30 PM
There is an older Wessex red b7rle parked up at Long Acre not sure what going to happen with it. So may be the 4 x 13 plate B7RLE could be for 226 or at least were originally for that service.

Is it an eclipse or centro out of interest Ash? And I hope theyre not-the 226 cant make much money they should just leave it to Hansons and take back the 004 instead.

There is nothing that I've seen in the Brierley Hill BBA proposals to suggest Rotala/Diamond's new buses were ever going on the 226 in the first place. nothing was ever confirmed

No and it doesnt seem this BBA proposal will actually include many buses at all. I would think that new buses if any would go on the 002/4M over the 226 which must be a break even route at best

Ash

The 4M of diamond's should be every 30 minutes at least especially now the 289 only goes to Old Hill. It's well used especially between Blackheath and Merry Hill.

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 22, 2013, 04:50:43 PM
The 4M of diamond's should be every 30 minutes at least especially now the 289 only goes to Old Hill. It's well used especially between Blackheath and Merry Hill.

I would say triple the frequency to 20 mins and build up a presence there as it seems busier than the 4H when ive caught it...

JoNi

Blue Solo 20912 turned up in Coventry on the regular 82 Solo working from Solihull today.

winston

Quote from: Winston on August 21, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 10:32:20 PM
Although not part of Rotala your bus have started a new service the Y1 and again brought brand new 13 reg citaro's for it with free wi-fi, seems a gamble a new service and some of the most expensive single deckers to go with it.

Yourbus gambled with 12 x new 62 plate Citaro's on the Citylink service, which has since been halved in frequency with 6 now being re-deployed/branded for the Y5. Yourbus certainly seem to be posing a threat to Trent Barton who have increased frequencies / launched a new route in response

I still can't help feel that the Yourbus operation is being backed by another party with all the cash being splashed around, possibly by someone with their sights on Trent Barton/Wellglade Group

I've had a reply from another forum where I suggested Yourbus were being backed by another party/bus group, this is the response that I got:

"Their is someone behind it. industry rumours are rife but trust me i know who is pumping money in and you would be very surprised if i said who it was but i cant"

PM

Quote from: Winston on August 22, 2013, 10:49:21 PM
Although not part of Rotala your bus have started a new service the Y1 and again brought brand new 13 reg citaro's for it with free wi-fi, seems a gamble a new service and some of the most expensive single deckers to go with it.

Yourbus gambled with 12 x new 62 plate Citaro's on the Citylink service, which has since been halved in frequency with 6 now being re-deployed/branded for the Y5. Yourbus certainly seem to be posing a threat to Trent Barton who have increased frequencies / launched a new route in response

I still can't help feel that the Yourbus operation is being backed by another party with all the cash being splashed around, possibly by someone with their sights on Trent Barton/Wellglade Group

I've had a reply from another forum where I suggested Yourbus were being backed by another party/bus group, this is the response that I got:

"Their is someone behind it. industry rumours are rife but trust me i know who is pumping money in and you would be very surprised if i said who it was but i cant"

Couldnt help thinking so. Theres no way that buying citaros for new routes could be supported by just Scott Dunn or YourBus on its own or even the rotala group I doubt would be able to keep buying all these new citaros. Hopefully the source of the money will be revealed soon-its obviously a group with great financial mass whose aim is no doubt to force wellglade to sell up. Just seems weird a company would appear to have tonnes of money to splash about and throw down the drain-admittedly the Dunns are a very rich family but still it seems unlikely they would gamble away the family fortune. Secondhand darts to citaros in a few years... thats quite something. I would bet on it being backed by deutsche bahn or ratp or possibly even transdev. Its not going to be national express who scott dunn previously tried to attack. Arriva is a possibility or possibly even stagecoach although then it would surely be adl buses not citaros and they wouldnt go for these tactics to try to acquire them. They would just put stagecoach gold buses running for free in the area and as they did on one of tb's routes buses 5 mins beforehand. Its not going to be first group although go ahead likes its citaros and branding so could well be them. There was a rumour about an award winning group being sold recently-i reckon this was wellglade and the group aiming to purchase it has decided to back yourbus to put pressure on trent to sell out. By accepting trent's tickets for free, yourbus is pretty much running free so someone must definitely be paying for this. Trent and Jeff Counsell are obviously quite worried and for a good reason-trents buses are not as amazing as some may think i would say. Their refusal to use deckers on any routes means massive capacity problems and there are reports of late running etc. The whole situation is summed up well by this quote : "But this doesn't - and when they start accepting our day tickets we have to wonder what this is about."

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 23, 2013, 10:48:36 AM
Quote from: Winston on August 22, 2013, 10:49:21 PM

Couldnt help thinking so. Theres no way that buying citaros for new routes could be supported by just Scott Dunn or YourBus on its own or even the rotala group I doubt would be able to keep buying all these new citaros. Hopefully the source of the money will be revealed soon-its obviously a group with great financial mass whose aim is no doubt to force wellglade to sell up. Just seems weird a company would appear to have tonnes of money to splash about and throw down the drain-admittedly the Dunns are a very rich family but still it seems unlikely they would gamble away the family fortune. Secondhand darts to citaros in a few years... thats quite something. I would bet on it being backed by deutsche bahn or ratp or possibly even transdev. Its not going to be national express who scott dunn previously tried to attack. Arriva is a possibility or possibly even stagecoach although then it would surely be adl buses not citaros and they wouldnt go for these tactics to try to acquire them. They would just put stagecoach gold buses running for free in the area and as they did on one of tb's routes buses 5 mins beforehand. Its not going to be first group although go ahead likes its citaros and branding so could well be them. There was a rumour about an award winning group being sold recently-i reckon this was wellglade and the group aiming to purchase it has decided to back yourbus to put pressure on trent to sell out. By accepting trent's tickets for free, yourbus is pretty much running free so someone must definitely be paying for this. Trent and Jeff Counsell are obviously quite worried and for a good reason-trents buses are not as amazing as some may think i would say. Their refusal to use deckers on any routes means massive capacity problems and there are reports of late running etc. The whole situation is summed up well by this quote : "But this doesn't - and when they start accepting our day tickets we have to wonder what this is about."

Stagecoach and Trent have had a spat recently by all accounts, I think most of the big bus group would like to buy Wellglade. WMT/NX once tried to unsettled Trent via Delta Dart some years back. Another possibility could be Go-Ahead group, Wellglade would fit their profile of bus operations

Trident 4609

PM

Looks like 30905 is back at long acre seen on the 50 today and also more interestingly there was bk13nzm still on there and even more interesting a blue centro without fleetnames on there not 30000 or 30002 but think it was 30004 or 30003 but pretty sure it was 30004-looks like it is a permanent transfer to the wm fleet

Nathan4775

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 26, 2013, 06:17:23 PM
Looks like 30905 is back at long acre seen on the 50 today and also more interestingly there was bk13nzm still on there and even more interesting a blue centro without fleetnames on there not 30000 or 30002 but think it was 30004 or 30003 but pretty sure it was 30004-looks like it is a permanent transfer to the wm fleet

Were did 30000, 30002 originally come from ? was it Redditch
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: Nathan4775 on August 26, 2013, 06:59:10 PM

it was wessex where they were originally on the bristol park and ride services

Nathan4775

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 26, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

Thanks DiamondDart
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: Nathan4775 on August 26, 2013, 07:54:22 PM

Thanks DiamondDart

No worries Nathan!

Also, according to the current issue of Buses, W336VGX has been sold to DW Coaches, Clay Cross. Shame-great bus!!! Hopefully there will be some buses arriving to replace those sold.

Also, to those that are interested, R404FFC and R530YRP are being used by a new company in manchester called little gem.

Ash

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 26, 2013, 09:23:08 PM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on August 26, 2013, 07:54:22 PM

Thanks DiamondDart

No worries Nathan!

Also, according to the current issue of Buses, W336VGX has been sold to DW Coaches, Clay Cross. Shame-great bus!!! Hopefully there will be some buses arriving to replace those sold.

Also, to those that are interested, R404FFC and R530YRP are being used by a new company in manchester called little gem.

Yeah got my addition today and saw those changes to. There hasn't been any additions to replace these withdrawn darts apart from the 7 b7rle's but these buses when entering service withdrew R530/2YRP, S393/6HVV sent T418HNH to Kidderminster/Redditch and 30929 and a solo have gone to Long Acre , 30212 seems to be out of service, W335/6VGX are not being used or been sold. So some additions to Tividale must occur soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk