News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 09:49:48 PM
Im sure I have seen W337VGX in service recently so probably W336VGX was the dart involved in an accident. When I was on 30432 today people were moving out the way at several bus stops letting the NXWM bus past to use the diamond bus as they had passes and a couple wanted returns, was the same with me I let the NXWM bus pass to get a cheaper diamond return. NXWM always seem to bunch up in Walsall taking both stands as they take a while to change drivers and a few diamond buses leave empty and fill up on the way to West Brom or Hayley Green/Merry Hill.

Yeah people do do that because diamond have a presence on the route. Conversely on the 50 and 16 they don't. Yeah NX bunch in walsall cos they change drivers there whereas diamond do it in west brom annoying when it is just ahead of a NX. I do think based on current takings and loadings that some newer buses for the route are justified

Ash

The problem with the 4/4H/4M now is that the PVR is 15 I think so it would take a considerable investment where as it was 8/10 when it was the 404E and had the 10 mcv's although that soon went to 8. Within the group I'm sure newer buses could be found and a bit of swop around. The 301 is need of newer buses too the cadets do well but have seen better days.

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 10:08:32 PM
The problem with the 4/4H/4M now is that the PVR is 15 I think so it would take a considerable investment where as it was 8/10 when it was the 404E and had the 10 mcv's although that soon went to 8. Within the group I'm sure newer buses could be found and a bit of swop around. The 301 is need of newer buses too the cadets do well but have seen better days.

Yeah some of ensignbus's omnicities for wessex would be good for uni services moving centros to tividale

Ash

Although not part of Rotala your bus have started a new service the Y1 and again brought brand new 13 reg citaro's for it with free wi-fi, seems a gamble a new service and some of the most expensive single deckers to go with it. Back to diamond I can't see any investment coming soon or if there is only a couple of buses, I won't complain about the 4 new 13 reg b7rle's but it's hardly made a dent to the buses on the 4 service you rarely get to catch one like today I caught 30432 and 30213 coming back with 30206 just behind it. Haven't seen 30209 for a while although never gets used on the 4.

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 10:32:20 PM
Although not part of Rotala your bus have started a new service the Y1 and again brought brand new 13 reg citaro's for it with free wi-fi, seems a gamble a new service and some of the most expensive single deckers to go with it. Back to diamond I can't see any investment coming soon or if there is only a couple of buses, I won't complain about the 4 new 13 reg b7rle's but it's hardly made a dent to the buses on the 4 service you rarely get to catch one like today I caught 30432 and 30213 coming back with 30206 just behind it. Haven't seen 30209 for a while although never gets used on the 4.

You wonder how they keep paying for new buses as their services are far less proven than diamonds many of which have run for 20 years-more newer buses are needed 20 b7rles and 15 more darts would be great

Ash

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 21, 2013, 10:38:25 PM

You wonder how they keep paying for new buses as their services are far less proven than diamonds many of which have run for 20 years-more newer buses are needed 20 b7rles and 15 more darts would be great

That would be great and would allow all the commercial services at Tividale to benefit, the buses wouldn't have to be new just a few years old. The cadets etc could then be moved to Redditch or Kidderminster to replace the old first darts they currently have.

winston

Although not part of Rotala your bus have started a new service the Y1 and again brought brand new 13 reg citaro's for it with free wi-fi, seems a gamble a new service and some of the most expensive single deckers to go with it.

Yourbus gambled with 12 x new 62 plate Citaro's on the Citylink service, which has since been halved in frequency with 6 now being re-deployed/branded for the Y5. Yourbus certainly seem to be posing a threat to Trent Barton who have increased frequencies / launched a new route in response

I still can't help feel that the Yourbus operation is being backed by another party with all the cash being splashed around, possibly by someone with their sights on Trent Barton/Wellglade Group

Ash

May be we might see some investment into Diamond if the takeover from first gets passed  in redditch and kidderminster.

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 11:02:32 PM
May be we might see some investment into Diamond if the takeover from first gets passed  in redditch and kidderminster.

Don't be greedy, you've already seen it the shape of four used E300's  :P

I'd be surprised if Rotala were forced to divest the former First Redditch business, but there are definitely concerns give then decision date keeps going back & back. If Rotala do get to keep RH they should be able to make some decent money there, but may have to consider upgrading the 57/58 with new buses with the new competition starting in Sept

Ash

Oh sorry forgot about the 4 enviro 300's :), I would think the b7rle's at Long Acre will return to Wessex but would be ideal for Redditch and the 57/58. I don't see the point in the 4x13 reg ones and the 2 midland classic ones on the 4 at the moment (theres 3 but he 08 one is nowhere to be seen) it hasn't upgraded the service as you still get 8/9 cadets or darts they would make more of an impact at Reddtich. In return send some centro's to Tividale and use them on the 4.

winston

I still think the 4 x 13 plate B7RLE were the new buses to be provided by Rotala for the Brierley BBA scheme.

Yes, I agree the 13 plate white B7RLE will no doubt be heading back to Wessex from September for Uni work, Tividale never saw the extra three used B7RLE from Wessex either

Ash

There is an older Wessex red b7rle parked up at Long Acre not sure what going to happen with it. So may be the 4 x 13 plate B7RLE could be for 226 or at least were originally for that service.

PM

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2013, 11:24:30 PM
There is an older Wessex red b7rle parked up at Long Acre not sure what going to happen with it. So may be the 4 x 13 plate B7RLE could be for 226 or at least were originally for that service.

Is it an eclipse or centro out of interest Ash? And I hope theyre not-the 226 cant make much money they should just leave it to Hansons and take back the 004 instead.

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 22, 2013, 12:02:38 PM

Is it an eclipse or centro out of interest Ash? And I hope theyre not-the 226 cant make much money they should just leave it to Hansons and take back the 004 instead.

There is nothing that I've seen in the Brierley Hill BBA proposals to suggest Rotala/Diamond's new buses were ever going on the 226 in the first place. nothing was ever confirmed

Ash

[/quote]
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 22, 2013, 12:02:38 PM

It was on eclipse an older style one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk