News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: hartshill busman on August 02, 2013, 05:08:03 AM
Talking 226 buses did i see MX55NWL);  ex Hansons bus yesterday in Yardley Wood Rd wearing its new blue livery? as its destined for redditch has any one seen it yet?

Really? No havent seen them out and about yet-need another trip over to redditch soon anyway

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on July 31, 2013, 07:55:29 AM
A little birdie tells me Diamond are about to get some competition.
Watch the registrations.

Your little birdie would be spot on then

PD1107088/1 - HARDEEP KHAKH T/A CITY LINE TRAVEL, BRITANNIA WORKS, UNIT 2-3, 2-4 BRIDGE STREET SOUTH, SMETHWICK, B66 3DR

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Redditch Bus Station
    Finish Point: Redditch Bus Station
    Via:
    Service Number: 57
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 26-SEP-2013
    Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays.

Wouldn't it have been more cost effective to locate the business closer to Redditch if that was the intended operating area, there's going to be quite a bit of dead mileage

No doubt Diamond will now use this as an argument to the Oft to allow them to keep the former First Redditch operation

vinh1000

Quote from: Winston on August 02, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Watch the registrations.

PD1107088/1 - HARDEEP KHAKH T/A CITY LINE TRAVEL, BRITANNIA WORKS, UNIT 2-3, 2-4 BRIDGE STREET SOUTH, SMETHWICK, B66 3DR

Registration Accepted
    Via:

Wouldn't it have been more cost effective to locate the business closer to Redditch if that was the intended operating area, there's going to be quite a bit of dead mileage

No doubt Diamond will now use this as an argument to the Oft to allow them to keep the former First Redditch operation
Wonders what buses they will use :)
Operating Centre: 82 ROLFE STREET SMETHWICK B66 2AX
Authorisation:8 Vehicle(s).
Transport Manager(s): GOHEL SUBHASH
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 02, 2013, 06:52:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 02, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Watch the registrations.

Registration Accepted
    Via:

Wonders what buses they will use :)
Operating Centre: 82 ROLFE STREET SMETHWICK B66 2AX
Authorisation:8 Vehicle(s).
Transport Manager(s): GOHEL SUBHASH

Sure ive heard this operator before? Itll just be another cheap tacky operation badly run with maintenance problems. Hopefully it will ensure diamond can keep redditch and then they can be put off the road for maintenance/timekeeping. And they will presumably have to match diamonds bargain fares there and will therefore make no money at all combined with the dead mileage. Fair enough if travel were going on the route then they should worry but not this operator.

Ash

This operator is not going to succeed against diamond on the 57 I guess alot of people will buy diamond passes due to the network they have and to be fair diamond seem to offer cheap ticket prices which is fare to the people using the buses.

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 02, 2013, 07:18:29 PM
This operator is not going to succeed against diamond on the 57 I guess alot of people will buy diamond passes due to the network they have and to be fair diamond seem to offer cheap ticket prices which is fare to the people using the buses.

It's no different to the scenario between Diamond & First when they were both competing and Diamond was the underdog because of First's network

PM

Yeah but diamond had a lot of money and new buses and somehow I doubt this operator will

PM

I agree a lot have diamond passes and now the fares are so ridiculously cheap that diamond/first were making no money there so the newstart will have to match them and so need very deep pockets to survive. 20 new eclipses and free buses for a few months by diamond will sort them out well and truly

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 07:23:34 PM

I agree a lot have diamond passes and now the fares are so ridiculously cheap that diamond/first were making no money there so the newstart will have to match them and so need very deep pockets to survive. 20 new eclipses and free buses for a few months by diamond will sort them out well and truly

But Peter how realistic is this with Rotala's track record of new buses for Diamond  :P

PM

Quote from: Winston on August 02, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

But Peter how realistic is this with Rotala's track record of new buses for Diamond  :P

Not sure Winston haha though buying 20 new eclipses wouldnt actually as we've discussed on here before actually require any expenditure. And hopefully if theyre allowed to keep redditch and kidderminster they will kick up a fight to protect what is surely one of their best routes

j789

I predict more darts then in Redditch!!! Wouldn't surprise me to see Whittles register some routes there too based around the x3.

PM

Quote from: j789 on August 02, 2013, 07:59:17 PM
I predict more darts then in Redditch!!! Wouldn't surprise me to see Whittles register some routes there too based around the x3.

It is a possibility but I doubt whittles will try it on too much personally after eyms's recent admission of failure in manchester id think they would want to keep things steadily ticking over for a bit

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 02, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

Not sure Winston haha though buying 20 new eclipses wouldnt actually as we've discussed on here before actually require any expenditure. And hopefully if theyre allowed to keep redditch and kidderminster they will kick up a fight to protect what is surely one of their best routes

Yep, we've proven 20 new Eclipse isn't out of there reach

Ash

I would transfer the new 13 reg and 3 ex midland classic b7rle's to Redditch for a start and replace these with 7 centro's from around the group including the 3/4 they currently have at Long Acre.

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 02, 2013, 08:33:36 PM
I would transfer the new 13 reg and 3 ex midland classic b7rle's to Redditch for a start and replace these with 7 centro's from around the group including the 3/4 they currently have at Long Acre.

But then Tividale looses out again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk