News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 27, 2013, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 27, 2013, 04:55:32 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2013, 06:11:21 PM

Not correct, They have purchased four, all for Redditch. They have the two ex Hansons ones and FJ08 VOZ & FJ08 VRD fleetnumbers 30944-7, I will be updating the front page of the main site with full details later

The two ex Hanson's E300's came from Ensign bus rather than Stafford Bus & Coach

Really? Have ensign had any enviro300s for sale other than the ex premiere one?

Yes they had a 03 plate one with a horrid green/yellow interior, that has been removed off webpage/trade press adverts but doesn't appear on Ensign's July sales list.

They had a least two ex Premiere E300's i.e. ST08AZZ & PT59JPT both of which First Group have snapped up for Worcester

oh right thats interesting cos I dont think i ever saw 08/59 reg enviros advertised on their website/in any advert. They had one 55 reg one which could be the hansons one but that was supposed to have come from stafford bus centre. What I cannot understand is why jpt buys new buses such as the enviro with the select reg only to sell them and buy buses like R562XOM??

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 08:26:09 PM

Not correct, They have purchased four, all for Redditch. They have the two ex Hansons ones and FJ08 VOZ & FJ08 VRD fleetnumbers 30944-7, I will be updating the front page of the main site with full details later

The two ex Hanson's E300's came from Ensign bus rather than Stafford Bus & Coach

Yes they had a 03 plate one with a horrid green/yellow interior, that has been removed off webpage/trade press adverts but doesn't appear on Ensign's July sales list.

They had a least two ex Premiere E300's i.e. ST08AZZ & PT59JPT both of which First Group have snapped up for Worcester

oh right thats interesting cos I dont think i ever saw 08/59 reg enviros advertised on their website/in any advert. They had one 55 reg one which could be the hansons one but that was supposed to have come from stafford bus centre. What I cannot understand is why jpt buys new buses such as the enviro with the select reg only to sell them and buy buses like R562XOM??

I think First Group snapped them up before they were even advertised. I saw the 55 plate example advertised.

I can only assume with JPT that they needed to raise cash by selling off their more expense assets to be replaced by cheaper ones

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 27, 2013, 08:31:31 PM

I think First Group snapped them up before they were even advertised. I saw the 55 plate example advertised.

I can only assume with JPT that they needed to raise cash by selling off their more expense assets to be replaced by cheaper ones

Thats what must happen-the best stock companies probably ask to be kept informed of when certain types arrive and then buy them before they are advertised. Are the various Yahoo bus groups forums like this one?

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 27, 2013, 08:31:31 PM

Thats what must happen-the best stock companies probably ask to be kept informed of when certain types arrive and then buy them before they are advertised. Are the various Yahoo bus groups forums like this one?

They're not forums as such, but more like message boards. Some you can read without joining, If you want me to send links to any message me off group what areas/operators you're interested in

PM

What rotala should buy are some more euro 3 darts-drew wilson have got a couple and found one somewhere else as well-they seem to be reliable and are dda compliant and can enter the city centre

Ash

What I would do is buy 12 euro 3 darts 6 for the 16 and 5 for the 50 and 1 spare. Then the enviro 200, centro's and the mcv evolution to Tividale and release the 3 ex midland classic buses to Redditch also release some of the newer solo's and replace the 5 '03' reg ones sell them for what they can. I would then brand the solo's for network West Bromwich branding or local link and used them on the local subsidised services such as the 30 and 54/54A.

PM

Quote from: Ash on July 27, 2013, 08:51:44 PM
What I would do is buy 12 euro 3 darts 6 for the 16 and 5 for the 50 and 1 spare. Then the enviro 200, centro's and the mcv evolution to Tividale and release the 3 ex midland classic buses to Redditch also release some of the newer solo's and replace the 5 '03' reg ones sell them for what they can. I would then brand the solo's for network West Bromwich branding or local link and used them on the local subsidised services such as the 30 and 54/54A.

Are the cadets euro 3 compliant?

PM

Theres some good 9.3m ones here

http://www.sigmaplantfinder.com/dennis-dart-pointer-9-3m.html they could buy to replace some of the older MPDs at tividale they have got at least 10 for sale-a good buy in my opinion if a little overpriced??

Ash

The 51 and 02 and the odd 55 reg ones are I believe isn't generally anything made from 2001.

John

Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 09:41:40 PM
http://www.sigmaplantfinder.com/dennis-dart-pointer-9-3m.html they could buy to replace some of the older MPDs at tividale they have got at least 10 for sale-a good buy in my opinion if a little overpriced??

You never know, you might have seen those darts with NXWM if they had never sold their London operations, to replace older B6LEs, been Ex-Abellio/Travel London!  ;)

PM

Quote from: John on July 27, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

You never know, you might have seen those darts with NXWM if they had never sold their London operations, to replace older B6LEs, been Ex-Abellio/Travel London!  ;)

Exactly John and I would have been really happy about that as these darts look to be in amazing condition-right length for many of diamonds routes, nice seating and generally good nick-dda and euro 3 as well. They could even have replaced the existing ex london darts at west brom although if they were leased in the first place which these seem to be then they would probably just have returned to the leasor

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

Quote from: John on July 27, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Exactly John and I would have been really happy about that as these darts look to be in amazing condition-right length for many of diamonds routes, nice seating and generally good nick-dda and euro 3 as well. They could even have replaced the existing ex london darts at west brom although if they were leased in the first place which these seem to be then they would probably just have returned to the leasor

Looks like Dawson Rentals are trying all sorts of places to get rid of there very large collection of buses that no-one seems to want to buy. Shows how difficult it is to sell Citaro bendis when a 54 plate plate dart is for sale at £45500 and the 05 plate bendis for £29000.

Also of interest if the older bendi shown is BX02 YYU which is one currently with CT Plus on park & Ride in Bristol so is presumably not actually for sale

winston

Don't forget Diamond had two 05 plate ex Travel London MPD's that they could have used to replace earlier ones, but chose to sell them instead

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 27, 2013, 10:21:19 PM

Don't forget Diamond had two 05 plate ex Travel London MPD's that they could have used to replace earlier ones, but chose to sell them instead

They were bought off roadrunner werent they? Maybe it was them who didnt look after them as having seen a picture on flickr they didnt look in great nick

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 27, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

They were bought off roadrunner werent they? Maybe it was them who didnt look after them as having seen a picture on flickr they didnt look in great nick

No sure where they came from, but they saw service with Wessex prior to being stored at the Tividale overflow bus park

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk