News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

W905JNF in blue diamond livery on the 301 today with full displays may be put into service at Tividale.

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 02:27:03 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on July 23, 2013, 02:21:36 PM
Someone at work said they said a diamond
bus in blue with a pink roof any one know
any info or got a photo thanks

It will more than likely have a pink roof as they haven't bothered to paint the roof from its previous owners/livery

Might be one of the touchwood ones or depending on location  could be one of the ex yourbus ones as they have a sort of purple/pink livery

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 22, 2013, 05:47:47 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 05:12:18 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 22, 2013, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 04:07:42 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 21, 2013, 09:37:49 PM
For non members of WMBus Yahoo Group, info courtesy of Daniel Louch

Rotala have acquired the following:

hi all,
3 more enviro 300s acquired via stafford bus centre, are ex hansons PO54 NNM, MX55 NWL, and ex premiere nottingham FJ08 VPZ

I was under the impression that the two ex Hanson examples weren't that popular amongst staff or reliable

Good news-some large capacity buses for redditch which will go down well. Presumably, these will be next into the paintshop for paintin in the new livery. Always been a fan of original enviro300s so glad they have bought some. Also glad those presidents have gone-rotala clearly dont want these older short wheelbase deckers-preferring the ex preston ones which were in far better condition. Saw a picture of one of the yourbus ones on flickr and it didnt look in great condition externally. Shame rotala didnt take all 4 and yes hopefully it means the acquisition will be passed by the oft. Perhaps also rotala would be better to learn from this experience and sell the buses on their own for sale list if and when they can to trade them in for newer buses at ensignbus or at stafford bus centre

I don't know whether there is any significance? But the 03 plate E300 with a nasty coloured green/yellow interior that has been for sale with Ensign for a while also appears to have been sold. As it has been removed off Ensign adverts/website in the last week or so, this was also ex Premiere

Yeah I just checked their website after finding out that the enviros at stafford bus centre had been sold to rotala having known ensign had one for sale as well and yes you're right that has been sold too so maybe rotala have snapped that one up as well. The interior is horrid though-it would need some new moquette etc although would you buy a second hand bus you knew had been with premiere? Hansons yes but premiere was hardly the worlds greatest operator

If they were poorly maintained it will no doubt have to be reflected in the purchase price.

With the recent activity at Long Acre & more second-hand full size bus acquisitions, which appear to be destined for the former First operations at either KR or RH, it does seem as though something is going on in the background or Diamond are picking up on some of the criticisms/complaints re lack of full size single deckers

First Group have acquired two E300's from Ensign ex Premiere, one of those is an 08 plate. So not sure how accurate the Stafford Bus Centre advert is, as Premiere only had 3 x 08 plate E300's in total,   FJ08VPZ (Rotala), FJ08VRD(?????????), FN08AZZ (First Group)

FN08 AZZ - Alexander Dennis Enviro300
PT59 JPT - Alexander Dennis Enviro300

What did you mean by something is going on in the background? Just interested tho I agree about them picking up on needing more full size single decks. So to confirm, rotala have only bought 3 enviro300s from stafford bus centre none from ensignbus and they just have the 3 of them-2 from hansons and 1 from premiere

Not correct, They have purchased four, all for Redditch. They have the two ex Hansons ones and FJ08 VOZ & FJ08 VRD fleetnumbers 30944-7, I will be updating the front page of the main site with full details later

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2013, 06:11:21 PM

hi all,
3 more enviro 300s acquired via stafford bus centre, are ex hansons PO54 NNM, MX55 NWL, and ex premiere nottingham FJ08 VPZ

I was under the impression that the two ex Hanson examples weren't that popular amongst staff or reliable

Good news-some large capacity buses for redditch which will go down well. Presumably, these will be next into the paintshop for paintin in the new livery. Always been a fan of original enviro300s so glad they have bought some. Also glad those presidents have gone-rotala clearly dont want these older short wheelbase deckers-preferring the ex preston ones which were in far better condition. Saw a picture of one of the yourbus ones on flickr and it didnt look in great condition externally. Shame rotala didnt take all 4 and yes hopefully it means the acquisition will be passed by the oft. Perhaps also rotala would be better to learn from this experience and sell the buses on their own for sale list if and when they can to trade them in for newer buses at ensignbus or at stafford bus centre

I don't know whether there is any significance? But the 03 plate E300 with a nasty coloured green/yellow interior that has been for sale with Ensign for a while also appears to have been sold. As it has been removed off Ensign adverts/website in the last week or so, this was also ex Premiere

Yeah I just checked their website after finding out that the enviros at stafford bus centre had been sold to rotala having known ensign had one for sale as well and yes you're right that has been sold too so maybe rotala have snapped that one up as well. The interior is horrid though-it would need some new moquette etc although would you buy a second hand bus you knew had been with premiere? Hansons yes but premiere was hardly the worlds greatest operator

If they were poorly maintained it will no doubt have to be reflected in the purchase price.

With the recent activity at Long Acre & more second-hand full size bus acquisitions, which appear to be destined for the former First operations at either KR or RH, it does seem as though something is going on in the background or Diamond are picking up on some of the criticisms/complaints re lack of full size single deckers

First Group have acquired two E300's from Ensign ex Premiere, one of those is an 08 plate. So not sure how accurate the Stafford Bus Centre advert is, as Premiere only had 3 x 08 plate E300's in total,   FJ08VPZ (Rotala), FJ08VRD(?????????), FN08AZZ (First Group)

What did you mean by something is going on in the background? Just interested tho I agree about them picking up on needing more full size single decks. So to confirm, rotala have only bought 3 enviro300s from stafford bus centre none from ensignbus and they just have the 3 of them-2 from hansons and 1 from premiere

Not correct, They have purchased four, all for Redditch. They have the two ex Hansons ones and FJ08 VOZ & FJ08 VRD fleetnumbers 30944-7, I will be updating the front page of the main site with full details later

Surely if Rotala are now buying fleet replacements for Redditch the Oft decision must be in Rotala's favour with an announcement due imminently?

PM

hi all,

Wouldnt it have made more sense to number them 30936-30939, after the ex first enviros and before the eclipse 2's?? Tho glad they have bought 4-it should boost the number of larger buses at redditch. They must be hopeful then that the decision due tomorrow will be favourable to them then!!

PM

hi all,

FJ08VOZ-that doesnt exist...  And is tonights update the full rotala fleetlist update as there seem to have been a fair few fleet changes recently

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 23, 2013, 06:20:36 PM

FJ08VOZ-that doesnt exist...  And is tonights update the full rotala fleetlist update as there seem to have been a fair few fleet changes recently
[/quote]

It's FJ08VPZ - see my list

Tony

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 06:22:30 PM

[/quote]

Yes it is a mistype on the Rotala fleetlist, they have it as VOZ, yes I will be doing a full Rotala update. Because the person who sends me the details is on holiday from today he has sent me the July list today, As soon as I have checked all changes I will put them on

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 06:22:30 PM

[/quote]

Thought it would be. I still have doubts about what anything from premiere will be like reliability wise. In many ways though an interesting couple of buses the ex premiere ones. They could be the last original style euro 3 plaxton designed enviro 300s and they were operated originally by stagecoach, bought by nottingham county council. Must admit Im a big fan of the original style enviro300-much nicer looking than the more bland looking current one

PM

Quote from: Peter123 on July 23, 2013, 06:15:00 PM

hi all,

Wouldnt it have made more sense to number them 30936-30939, after the ex first enviros and before the eclipse 2's?? Tho glad they have bought 4-it should boost the number of larger buses at redditch. They must be hopeful then that the decision due tomorrow will be favourable to them then!!

Sorry there are other eclispes at wessex with those numbers...

Tony

Latest Rotala changes are now on the main front page

PM

Really useful with the links to the pictures by the way!
So, theyve sold one of the plaxton coaches they were trying to shift.
One of the levantes has gone to volvo-maybe they could have got rid of the lot to them?? Good news that theyre starting to shift though
Couple of sprinters withdrawn-not really proper buses anyway
Theyve got shot of those 2 MPDs they clearly didnt rate very highly-though we still don't know why they never saw service with rotala
Lots of streetlites from maytree of bolton-?renowned for its maintainance. The earlier ones at preston must have impressed-they add a bit of variety and cannot be any worse than solos which don't seem to be being purchased any more  ;D
Another ex park and ride centro withdrawn-perhaps this will be transferred up to the west midlands
Another older dart withdrawn
30902 to enter service at redditch and coincidentally 30904/1 withdrawn at wessex-perhaps to transfer up keeping the batch together
Got shot of more darts and buses they were trying to sell
3 of the 6 presidents sold-wonder what will happen to the rest??

Has any mention been made of the cadet involved in a major accident or W335VGX as havent seen or heard anything about that for months?

Overall, roughly the same number of vehicles in as out-some for sale vehicles gone yet still a lot more to go. If rotala can shift these then it means that more better larger buses will be able to enter the fleet.
Wonder what will happen to the other three presidents, when the second centro at long acre will enter service, if two more JNF's will move to redditch, if W903JNF has been repainted or not and if any more eclispes are due at tividale as one was reported a few days ago

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2013, 07:52:28 PM

Thanks Tony!

I see Wessex gets 8 x 2 year old Wright Streetlites whilst Diamond gets a motley alsortment of 4 x 5-8 year old E300's & a re-instated 13 year old ALX200

I personally think Rotala should try & part exchange the rest of the 13 x Volvo/Caetano Levante for further new B7RLE from Volvo dealer stock

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 23, 2013, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2013, 07:52:28 PM

Thanks Tony!

I see Wessex gets 8 x 2 year old Wright Streetlites whilst Diamond gets a motley alsortment of 4 x 5-8 year old E300's & a re-instated 13 year old ALX200

I personally think Rotala should try & part exchange the rest of the 13 x Volvo/Caetano Levante for further new B7RLE from dealer stock

To be fair the WM division has done quite well-potentially there may be more eclipses from wessex plus the centro withdrawn there as well may be moving up here as well. Yes, I think that rotala should try and get shot of some of these for sale buses as they are assets just sat there depreciating hardly working hard and adding value for the company. I dont necessarily think that lots of b7rles are a great idea for tividale/long acre. redditch should have them as the services there really need them and will make them pay whereas on routes like the 4 etc b7rles could just increase costs for no actual increase in earnings and thus damage what are profitable routes

Tony

Oooop, missed one of the initial list, 31309, on long term hire to Select

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk