News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

They were not reliable at all!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: DJ trainbasher on July 21, 2013, 10:01:37 PM
They were not reliable at all!

I didn't think they were, I'm sure one of those two or the 03 plate example that left first was plagued with electrical problems

It also appears that Rotala may have traded in the ex Yourbus Tridents to pay for the E300's

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

I'd have kept those myself

winston

The advert for the 08 plate ex Premiere E300 seems to suggest there are four for sale & all have since been sold? Could Rotala have taken all four?

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

It's also interesting that the current E300's in the Diamond Bus fleet are based at Redditch, with the current acquisitions of extra E300 this could suggest news from the Oft may be forthcoming soon & favourable to Rotala?

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 21, 2013, 09:37:49 PM
For non members of WMBus Yahoo Group, info courtesy of Daniel Louch

Rotala have acquired the following:

hi all,
3 more enviro 300s acquired via stafford bus centre, are ex hansons PO54 NNM, MX55 NWL, and ex premiere nottingham FJ08 VPZ

I was under the impression that the two ex Hanson examples weren't that popular amongst staff or reliable

Good news-some large capacity buses for redditch which will go down well. Presumably, these will be next into the paintshop for paintin in the new livery. Always been a fan of original enviro300s so glad they have bought some. Also glad those presidents have gone-rotala clearly dont want these older short wheelbase deckers-preferring the ex preston ones which were in far better condition. Saw a picture of one of the yourbus ones on flickr and it didnt look in great condition externally. Shame rotala didnt take all 4 and yes hopefully it means the acquisition will be passed by the oft. Perhaps also rotala would be better to learn from this experience and sell the buses on their own for sale list if and when they can to trade them in for newer buses at ensignbus or at stafford bus centre

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 04:07:42 PM

hi all,
3 more enviro 300s acquired via stafford bus centre, are ex hansons PO54 NNM, MX55 NWL, and ex premiere nottingham FJ08 VPZ

I was under the impression that the two ex Hanson examples weren't that popular amongst staff or reliable

Good news-some large capacity buses for redditch which will go down well. Presumably, these will be next into the paintshop for paintin in the new livery. Always been a fan of original enviro300s so glad they have bought some. Also glad those presidents have gone-rotala clearly dont want these older short wheelbase deckers-preferring the ex preston ones which were in far better condition. Saw a picture of one of the yourbus ones on flickr and it didnt look in great condition externally. Shame rotala didnt take all 4 and yes hopefully it means the acquisition will be passed by the oft. Perhaps also rotala would be better to learn from this experience and sell the buses on their own for sale list if and when they can to trade them in for newer buses at ensignbus or at stafford bus centre

I don't know whether there is any significance? But the 03 plate E300 with a nasty coloured green/yellow interior that has been for sale with Ensign for a while also appears to have been sold. As it has been removed off Ensign adverts/website in the last week or so, this was also ex Premiere

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 22, 2013, 04:57:52 PM

hi all,

I don't know whether there is any significance? But the 03 plate E300 with a nasty coloured green/yellow interior that has been for sale with Ensign for a while also appears to have been sold. As it has been removed off Ensign adverts/website in the last week or so, this was also ex Premiere

Yeah I just checked their website after finding out that the enviros at stafford bus centre had been sold to rotala having known ensign had one for sale as well and yes you're right that has been sold too so maybe rotala have snapped that one up as well. The interior is horrid though-it would need some new moquette etc although would you buy a second hand bus you knew had been with premiere? Hansons yes but premiere was hardly the worlds greatest operator

Ash

What would be the chances of the ex hansons enviro 300's being used at Tividale for a while and appearing on the 226  :D

PM

Quote from: Ash on July 22, 2013, 05:17:38 PM
What would be the chances of the ex hansons enviro 300's being used at Tividale for a while and appearing on the 226  :D

That would be a bit of deja vu-seeing old hansons buses on 226 and old diamond(petes) darts with hansons on the 226 as well!!!! That would definitely merit a picture

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 05:12:18 PM

hi all,

Yeah I just checked their website after finding out that the enviros at stafford bus centre had been sold to rotala having known ensign had one for sale as well and yes you're right that has been sold too so maybe rotala have snapped that one up as well. The interior is horrid though-it would need some new moquette etc although would you buy a second hand bus you knew had been with premiere? Hansons yes but premiere was hardly the worlds greatest operator

If they were poorly maintained it will no doubt have to be reflected in the purchase price.

With the recent activity at Long Acre & more second-hand full size bus acquisitions, which appear to be destined for the former First operations at either KR or RH, it does seem as though something is going on in the background or Diamond are picking up on some of the criticisms/complaints re lack of full size single deckers

First Group have acquired two E300's from Ensign ex Premiere, one of those is an 08 plate. So not sure how accurate the Stafford Bus Centre advert is, as Premiere only had 3 x 08 plate E300's in total,   FJ08VPZ (Rotala), FJ08VRD(?????????), FN08AZZ (First Group)

FN08 AZZ - Alexander Dennis Enviro300
PT59 JPT - Alexander Dennis Enviro300

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 22, 2013, 05:47:47 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 05:12:18 PM

hi all,

If they were poorly maintained it will no doubt have to be reflected in the purchase price.

With the recent activity at Long Acre & more second-hand full size bus acquisitions, which appear to be destined for the former First operations at either KR or RH, it does seem as though something is going on in the background or Diamond are picking up on some of the criticisms/complaints re lack of full size single deckers

First Group have acquired two E300's from Ensign ex Premiere, one of those is an 08 plate. So not sure how accurate the Stafford Bus Centre advert is, as Premiere only had 3 x 08 plate E300's in total,   FJ08VPZ (Rotala), FJ08VRD(?????????), FN08AZZ (First Group)

FN08 AZZ - Alexander Dennis Enviro300
PT59 JPT - Alexander Dennis Enviro300

What did you mean by something is going on in the background? Just interested tho I agree about them picking up on needing more full size single decks. So to confirm, rotala have only bought 3 enviro300s from stafford bus centre none from ensignbus and they just have the 3 of them-2 from hansons and 1 from premiere

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on July 22, 2013, 06:57:22 PM
What did you mean by something is going on in the background? Just interested tho I agree about them picking up on needing more full size single decks. So to confirm, rotala have only bought 3 enviro300s from stafford bus centre none from ensignbus and they just have the 3 of them-2 from hansons and 1 from premiere

Peter 123,

I meant that the number of repainted buses in Diamond Blue being moved over to Redditch seems to have picked up again i.e. W902/3JNF (both pulled out of withdrawn fleet), we think at least 3 secondhand Enviro 300's have been purchased with the most logical allocation being Redditch. I have also seen a report that the Oft decision on the Rotala takeover was originally due by the end of this week

Solo1

Wonder if the 3 envrios  will end up on
146 service replacing the first ones

vinh1000

Quote from: Solo1 on July 23, 2013, 12:56:08 PM
Wonder if the 3 envrios  will end up on
146 service replacing the first ones
or the 247 as the enviros sometimes share the 247 (generally though 146)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Solo1

Someone at work said they said a diamond
bus in blue with a pink roof any one know
any info or got a photo thanks

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on July 23, 2013, 02:21:36 PM
Someone at work said they said a diamond
bus in blue with a pink roof any one know
any info or got a photo thanks

It will more than likely have a pink roof as they haven't bothered to paint the roof from its previous owners/livery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk