News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

W902 JNF in service in Redditch today in what looks like a fresh coat of paint and new fleetnames

PM

Quote from: jc on July 15, 2013, 09:52:27 AM
W902 JNF in service in Redditch today in what looks like a fresh coat of paint and new fleetnames

Thats a good plan as these darts are in good nick to be honest-they should repaint W903JNF as well.

PM

To be honest, I hope they bring back some other darts into service as many are in very good condition and seems a shame to withdraw them as nothing has really been bought to replace them

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 04:27:10 PM

Thats a good plan as these darts are in good nick to be honest-they should repaint W903JNF as well.

I think I have seen W903JNF freshly repainted blue in Long Acre from the train, will see when I get the next fleetlist from them

PM

Quote from: Tony on July 15, 2013, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 04:27:10 PM

I think I have seen W903JNF freshly repainted blue in Long Acre from the train, will see when I get the next fleetlist from them

Thats potentially good news-hope they go to redditch as S405JUA needs to be withdrawn-yes I love darts but this things in awful condition had an awful ride on it on saturday-beepers going crazy and rattled a lot and scarcely any opening windows so very hot and the heating was on. 31507 was the opposite-interior in amazing condition-it could pass as a bus which was far far newer than the reg might suggest. They should use the ramps etc from the rubbish darts and use them to make the ex first mark 2's dda compliant as they are far too good to be withdrawn.

PM

What I think they should do though is correct the label on the side of MW52PZP as it says the website is diamondbus.com which it isnt and this doesnt work and also they should get the blue diamond labels off all the blue buses and replace them with the new diamond ones as it would give a better impression. Then, do something with the cadets and as they all look such a battered mess more than any other buses in the fleet-the red/white darts look far better-replace the logos on the side with big diamond ones on all buses not currently with them. Then, what needs to happen is promotion-timetables and stickers and a network guide for b'ham and black country and kiddie plus the one or two redditch routes that arent covered. Then, I would sell all the for sale buses to a dealer and use the money to buy some more eclipses or enviros possibly newer darts. Then, long term, I would withdraw the ex first tridents as they are useless and buy more lothian ones or something that are in good condition. Then 15 new/newish eclipses/deckers for redditch and existing eclipses all to tividale. At long acre, send OVS to redditch along with OVV and the CSF dart and the centros to tividale and transfer the 19 to redditch depot. Longer term plan to shut long acre and run things out of redditch/kiddie/tividale. I would then reinstate evening/sunday routes on 4 group and try it out on the 002 which could have one of the 07 centros freeing up 30806 to go to redditch standardising the fleet there you go feel free to discuss!!

PM

30454 cutting out on the 226 today, as was 30489 on the 4H-this bus was pounding round the 4H and 4M today with no breaks....

Ash

30486 has been on the 4/4H/4M nearly all week along with 30439 and they seem to do well with no issues so probably the reason there kept on that service. 30216 also seems to be kept on the 4 most of the week not seen many of the 02 cadets apart from 30214 they don't seem that reliable so may be thats one of the reasons there being kept away. The swift 226 dart are awful but are in service night and day on the 226 7 days a week they should be debranded and used elsewhere.

PM

Quote from: Ash on July 19, 2013, 11:17:18 PM
30486 has been on the 4/4H/4M nearly all week along with 30439 and they seem to do well with no issues so probably the reason there kept on that service. 30216 also seems to be kept on the 4 most of the week not seen many of the 02 cadets apart from 30214 they don't seem that reliable so may be thats one of the reasons there being kept away. The swift 226 dart are awful but are in service night and day on the 226 7 days a week they should be debranded and used elsewhere.

Yeah the VGX darts are generally very good and 30439 is a good one as well as the wright ones which are in good nick and the svv darts as well Yeah the 02 cadets do seem worse than the 51 euro 2 ones and the swift 226 darts have obviously taken a pounding on that service and seem to be some of the worst darts in the fleet-maybe the route should be debranded so as the wear can be spread over more buses??

PM

A weird bus is Y274FJN though-sounds like a dart but different to the others even though it is still a dart??

bususer12

Diamond have at least 2 of the 4 buses on the 226 not running as of 3pm, whats going on?

PM

Quote from: bususer12 on July 20, 2013, 03:51:29 PM
Diamond have at least 2 of the 4 buses on the 226 not running as of 3pm, whats going on?

What do you mean? There are only 2 diamond buses on the route or there are non-branded buses on the route??

the trainbasher

2 branded, 1 black solo and 20602 on the 226

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ash

Solo's will be more unreliable than the swift branded darts already being used on it. Any idea if 30929 will return to Tividale.

winston

For non members of WMBus Yahoo Group, info courtesy of Daniel Louch

Rotala have acquired the following:

hi all,
3 more enviro 300s acquired via stafford bus centre, are ex hansons PO54 NNM, MX55 NWL, and ex premiere nottingham FJ08 VPZ

I was under the impression that the two ex Hanson examples weren't that popular amongst staff or reliable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk