News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

They should get looking on that website! One of the Optare solo SRs 10 reg, has broken down (again) on the S2 this afternoon on the service before mine. I assume it overheated, wouldn't surprise me. The air con on the things never works either, despite they're meant to have air con. It amazes me how at only 3 years old they break down frequently whilst the NXWM Scanias are miles better; the air con actually works and they rarely break down seemingly. Rant over!

Ash

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 09, 2013, 07:13:40 PM
They should get looking on that website! One of the Optare solo SRs 10 reg, has broken down (again) on the S2 this afternoon on the service before mine. I assume it overheated, wouldn't surprise me. The air con on the things never works either, despite they're meant to have air con. It amazes me how at only 3 years old they break down frequently whilst the NXWM Scanias are miles better; the air con actually works and they rarely break down seemingly. Rant over!

Im not sure the omnilinks have air con if they do the ones on the 4 don't have them.

bwsau cymru

All omnilinks have a small air con pod on them operated by nxwm however I think its just drivers air con! Amd the solos dont have aor cond the big thing to why that is is there is no pod!!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Liberator9

I mean the ones on the 37; at the back there seems to be a large pod which could be air con.  http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1948.html Although if anyone can clarify there is no air con that would be helpful

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ash

Diamond cadets 30204 and 30209 broke down one behind each other both on the 4 at the same stop near Tame Bridge, both have rear engine covers up and water all over the floor.

Stu

I'm pretty sure none of NXWM's buses have 'proper' air-con.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Really; always found the Scanias and the Wright Eclipse Urbans very cool even in the summer. Although the Tridents are awful, rode one the other day on the 76 and it was boiling hot!

bwsau cymru

the Enviro400 all have an air cooling system too with the exception of the leathers at Walsall which are full air con
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

New Diamond School service

PD0001374/310 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Barnt Green/Lickey/Bromsgrove
    Finish Point: St Bedes Middle School/Redditch Bus Station
    Via:
    Service Number: 181
    Service Type: School or Works
    Effective Date: 01-SEP-2013
    Other Details: School days

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2013, 01:19:18 PM
New Diamond School service

PD0001374/310 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Barnt Green/Lickey/Bromsgrove
    Finish Point: St Bedes Middle School/Redditch Bus Station
    Via:
    Service Number: 181
    Service Type: School or Works
    Effective Date: 01-SEP-2013
    Other Details: School days

Could be a good sign.
Will probably be operated by Redditch and may need a decker.

JackC

Quote from: dannygill on July 10, 2013, 07:36:11 PM
the Enviro400 all have an air cooling system too with the exception of the leathers at Walsall which are full air con

Hasn't Tony at one point stated that no NX bus has full Air Conditioning?

Stu

I've travelled on a couple of Arriva's B5LH Gemini 2 hybrids while I was in London, and I know they have 'proper' air-conditioning installed, because there is a big air-con unit over the stairs on the top deck, and they were lovely and cool to travel on. I never saw one of those on any of NXWM's hybrids.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Has anyone else noticed that recently a lot of diamond buses are issuing tickets with bus number 1111 meaning they havent been set up. I even bought a day ticket on 31507 in redditch yesterday and it said that it was issued by 20232...

tank90

Diamond have been moving the ticket machines around and they dont get reprogrammed.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk