News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Winston on June 22, 2013, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 22, 2013, 11:34:06 PM
Diamond is the biggest business within the Rotala group it may not be the most profitable although I'm not sure about that but the investment especially in full size single deckers is minimal. Decent second hand vehicles would be ideal more 5/6 year old centro's or b7rle's would be great for the 301 and the 4/4H/4M moving the cadets to services such as the 226/40/42/43.

It is the biggest and always has been, you would think that 15 new buses a year for Diamond shouldn't break the bank.....
And out of the three doesn't it have the most oldest average fleet age or one of the oldest as I know preston has a Lynx and Olympians, but bare them its the youngest?
Surely if they spent money on newer buses more people would travel Diamond, because if I had a choice between a V,X,51,01,02,52,03 reg dart that looked clapped out or a newer reg Id go newer reg if the fares were similar.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

The S and T reg darts that appear on the 4 aren't too bad and are quite reliable I have never seen them brake down S377TMB or S404JUA compared to the cadets which break down daily but I'm surprised Rotala did't buy all the 02/52 reg darts back from Yourbus as they only took 4 off them they would have been ideal for the 4 along side the b7rle's.

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 23, 2013, 12:43:01 PM
The S and T reg darts that appear on the 4 aren't too bad and are quite reliable I have never seen them brake down S377TMB or S404JUA compared to the cadets which break down daily but I'm surprised Rotala did't buy all the 02/52 reg darts back from Yourbus as they only took 4 off them they would have been ideal for the 4 along side the b7rle's.

I agree there I would take darts over cadets any day and they really are good, reliable buses.

Ash

Those cadets must have clocked up some really high mileage as there in use nearly every day and they never sounds too good when you travel on them, the best cadet in my opinion is 30207 always sounds good and seems quite reliable the worst is 30202 and sounds awful I'm surprised it's still on the road. Does anyone know apart from the b7rle's that should be coming from Wessex any other buses that might be coming to Tividale as at least one solo and an enviro 200 has been lost to Long Acre. 

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 23, 2013, 01:06:05 PM
Those cadets must have clocked up some really high mileage as there in use nearly every day and they never sounds too good when you travel on them, the best cadet in my opinion is 30207 always sounds good and seems quite reliable the worst is 30202 and sounds awful I'm surprised it's still on the road. Does anyone know apart from the b7rle's that should be coming from Wessex any other buses that might be coming to Tividale as at least one solo and an enviro 200 has been lost to Long Acre.

That is true-on the subject has anyone seen/heard 30201 for a while as I haven't seen it out recently?? I haven't heard of any other buses set to join the fleet

Ash

30201 has been on the 4 in the last week or so, not the most reliable cadet though remember it breaking down multiple times within it's first few weeks in service with diamond.

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 23, 2013, 03:49:48 PM
30201 has been on the 4 in the last week or so, not the most reliable cadet though remember it breaking down multiple times within it's first few weeks in service with diamond.

Yeah same-I'll see if I can see it over in west brom tomorrow and hopefully get a picture or two. Thanks

Ash

No Probs, there are only about 3/4 cadets on the 4/4H/4M daily now with 6 normally on the 301 and not sure where the other 3 are used I have saw them appear on the 42/43 from time to time.

PM

Basically, in the diamond fleet the buses I want are the full length darts-where do you think the best place to photo as many of these as possible is?

Ash

You mean the red and white darts and W567JVV, V377/391SVV. The full length darts are always on the 4/4H/4M/42/43 they rarely appear on the 40 now as that service only sees the mpd darts. KU52RYH is mostly on the 4 as well.

PM

Quote from: Ash on June 23, 2013, 04:07:55 PM
You mean the red and white darts and W567JVV, V377/391SVV. The full length darts are always on the 4/4H/4M/42/43 they rarely appear on the 40 now as that service only sees the mpd darts. KU52RYH is mostly on the 4 as well.

Yeah so West Brom bus station sounds the best bet

Ash

Definitely the 226 seems the same 2 full size darts and 2 midi darts but apart from that West Brom is your best bet.

PM

In west brom today other than the presence of a lot of darts out and about-some on the 4/H/M route(s) but the 4H's came in to west brom then looped around the ringroad? by the polski shop and then came back and up to the 4H stand. have they always done this?

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on June 28, 2013, 06:10:56 PM
In west brom today other than the presence of a lot of darts out and about-some on the 4/H/M route(s) but the 4H's came in to west brom then looped around the ringroad? by the polski shop and then came back and up to the 4H stand. have they always done this?

They will be going in different directions the 4H leaves that way to head towards Halesowen but goes past the Polski shop on it's return from Halesowen to the bus station. The 4M is the same.

tank90

A vist here wouldnt go a miss for the Rotala fleet, as there are loads of buses that would fit the bill including Centros

http://coachandbusmarket.com/dealers/arriva-buses/

If anything most of the larger buses on there would be ideal to replace the mini darts in most of the diamond fleet.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk