News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

I also hope the Citaros stay; excellent buses, they've also appeared on the S2 and S3 before and miles better than any Optare. I'm hoping this announcement will mean that the current Solo SRs are off, hate them. Looking at the S2 and S4 timetables, I'm going to guess that they'll be inter worked with each other. For example

S4 gets into Solihull at 01 and 31. The S2s leaving Solihull for Dorridge are at 08 and 38.
S2 coming into Solihull from Dorridge arrive at the station at 51 and 21.
S4 for Cheswick leave at 25 and 55.
So it looks as if the S2 and S4 will interwork, as I can't see an S4 waiting from 01 to 25 till the next departure.

Ash

I am surprised T418MNH 30445 has gone to Redditch and it means another livery being introduced there 'the old go-ahead diamond livery' not sure what has replaced it a Tividale as the mcv evolution has gone along with S396HVV.

Liberator9

The S2 buses have been Solo SRs today; typical as for the last few weeks its been the excellent Hybrids and now we've seemed to have lost out.

jc

T418 in service on the 58 this morning, SF54ORK on the 51 which has come from L.A ... ex first 32877 still in service here, 30855 also back in service!

Ash

30929 now seems to have been transferred back to Long Acre I think it was on the 16 today, probably due to the versa's move onto the signature services replacement buses with the emission requirements are being drafted in within the group.

tank90

Quote from: jc on June 10, 2013, 06:22:01 PM
T418 in service on the 58 this morning, SF54ORK on the 51 which has come from L.A ... ex first 32877 still in service here, 30855 also back in service!
Have LA gone totally bonkers? A DD on the 51 was a mad idea but I could see the sense in it, but a 20 seater Solo. Heeee they aren't helping them selves keep a hole of the current Redditch network having buses that small on one of the routes that was shared.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

There was at least 2 midi darts on the 4 service today, which is unusual these days but hopefully will not become a regular occurrence.

tank90

Quote from: Ash on June 14, 2013, 10:44:23 PM
There was at least 2 midi darts on the 4 service today, which is unusual these days but hopefully will not become a regular occurrence.
If the some of the choices in Redditch for the 57/58 are to go by erm then it will happen more often then not.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Quote from: tank90 on June 14, 2013, 10:49:22 PM
If the some of the choices in Redditch for the 57/58 are to go by erm then it will happen more often then not.

In the past the 404E was operated by solo's when diamond still had the Preston ones but now the PVR for the 4/4H/4M is 15 then I guess the odd solo or mpd will appear as it is already a service with a mix bag of buses used.

nitromatt1

I see quite a lot of MPD's on the 4H

Ash

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 14, 2013, 10:57:48 PM

The 4/4H/4M all interwork so will see all types of buses used on the service at least at some point during the day. I saw an mcv on the 16 yesterday leave Birmingham with no passengers has this service picked up at all as I'm surprised it's still being operated especially when the 17/97 have been recently withdrawn which seem to carry similar numbers.

Dylan4579

I agree there and it's not as if they let the 16  die with old buses
Quote from: Ash on June 14, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 14, 2013, 10:57:48 PM

The 4/4H/4M all interwork so will see all types of buses used on the service at least at some point during the day. I saw an mcv on the 16 yesterday leave Birmingham with no passengers has this service picked up at all as I'm surprised it's still being operated especially when the 17/97 have been recently withdrawn which seem to carry similar numbers.

PM

The 16 does seem to be really struggling in contrast to the 4 services which seem to have picked up. Today it was eclipses and a couple of cadets and darts-a vgx one and the other day the ex pete's euro 3 black diamond dart was on there as well which was good.

vinh1000

Seen quite a few newer buses on 16 today as opposed to older ones
Most of time all in Blue
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on June 15, 2013, 07:03:18 PM
Seen quite a few newer buses on 16 today as opposed to older ones
Most of time all in Blue

Which buses were on there today? Newer solos etc or any proper buses?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk