News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on May 21, 2013, 02:37:39 AM
what are the changes with the signature services S2 S3 S4 82

If you look back on page 40 of this thread I posted them there when they originally appeared on VOSA

Liberator9

Found the new S3 timetable here http://www.wythall-parish-council.org.uk/transport/  So they're running from Wythall to Hockley Heath and not on Sundays in summary. Also they're only every hour now although there'll be the 88 going to Knowle and the S2 to Dorridge. 

D10

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 21, 2013, 05:42:39 PM
Found the new S3 timetable here http://www.wythall-parish-council.org.uk/transport/  So they're running from Wythall to Hockley Heath and not on Sundays in summary. Also they're only every hour now although there'll be the 88 going to Knowle and the S2 to Dorridge.

Thanks for the link to this.

It looks like the timetable is the one from the Worcestershire CC website, so only shows the routes on this corridor within Worcs.

Ash

I haven't saw S396HVV in a while I suspect it may have been withdrawn, also S404JUA has been smartened up internally I think using the seats from withdrawn S393HVV there not great but at least they now match. Also the cadets now seem to be appearing on alot of diamond services now not so many are needed on the 4 at least one was on the 24/40/43 today.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Ash on May 20, 2013, 01:02:03 PM
I think one might come of the 67 wednesbury to yew tree as sonetimes this service sees cadets etc probably due to going on the 56 as the 67 could get away with a car

I think another is the service around Brownhills 23 (I think) that goes to Walsall wood
campaigning for better transport for all

tank90

Hybrid YJ12 GUH is also in the Signature grey livery, saw it at lunch time on the 16 in Moor Street.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Yeah I would think there all going to be repainted into the signature livery, not sure about the royale black diamond centro's though as the signature brand has never been ran from Tividale and really no need for them to be repainted and rebranded.

tank90

Quote from: Ash on May 22, 2013, 10:49:11 PM
Yeah I would think there all going to be repainted into the signature livery, not sure about the royale black diamond centro's though as the signature brand has never been ran from Tividale and really no need for them to be repainted and rebranded.
Royale is to be got rid of unless that has changed in the last month or so, Royale buses are to be put in the same pool as the Signature buses.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Ensign Bus appear to have 2 x 05 plate Volvo B7RLE / Wright Eclipse for sale ex Transdev Lancashire United and they appear to be in excellent condition, they would make an ideal purchase for Rotala to increase the number of full single deckers in the Diamond fleet and are standard to the most recent purchases new & used. the advert say's 20, but think that is a typo as there are only 2 i.e. PL05UBR & PL05UBS

http://www.ensignbus.com/#!singlebus8/c1ed0

Ash

I agree some more eclipses would be great services like the 301 would really benefit from them and then move all the cadets over to the 40/42/43 along with some running boards on the 4/4H/4M.

tank90

The E300 wouldnt be a bad to buy either if it runs well as it would fit in well to Redditch even tho the OFT are looking at Redditch, Tho I cant see much coming out of it as it would be up to Worcestershire CC to retender the ex diamond 51 (every 15 Minutes) 57 & 58 (every 10 Minutes each way), which in a way should have happened.

Dan

PM

More B7rles would be a brilliant idea especially if they are from such a reputable operator such as transdev. I think there must be 2 not 20 although 20 for rotala group fleets would be a good investment especially as they look pretty much new

Ash

Any idea when the ones from Wessex will make their up to Tividale I guess it may be when the universities break up over the summer as I would think less buses will be needed. More eclipses would be nice but only a handful of services really need the capacity of them services such as the 4/4H/4M/40/42/43/226/301 would all benefit from them as the 56/002 uses the centro's already.

Matt.N0056

The changes in Solihull from 9th June.: http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/SignatureGoesGreeninSolihull_98.html

Looks like all the hybrids will be used on the Signature Services. Interesting to read that they will be having next stop announcements for the services.

Ash

The next stop announcements have already been installed on them ages ago when they had the screens installed in them. I wonder what buses the 16 will now use I'm guessing solo's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk