News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
The 82 could do with being every 30 mins can get quite busy at times and blue diamond have 3 citaros just need a hybrid along side them to allow the increase in the frequency

There was a hybrid on there today ('GUF), will that do for you?  :)

Ash

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 17, 2013, 10:13:31 PM
Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
The 82 could do with being every 30 mins can get quite busy at times and blue diamond have 3 citaros just need a hybrid along side them to allow the increase in the frequency

There was a hybrid on there today ('GUF), will that do for you?  :)

The hybrids appear on their quite a bit along with the X30 but the 82 is the most unsuitable route diamond could use them on. Long stretches of road with 50/60 mph speed limits which the citaro's manage but the hybrids are not designed for this usage in terms of fuel consumption, last time I caught a hybrid on the 82 all you heard was whining from the engine for most of the journey as it was being thrashed.

Liberator9

Certainly Blue Diamond should (and have) kept the route; looks busy and the Citaros are excellent buses to ride on. I agree with you that maybe a few Sunday services may be a good idea. I think this 88 route will be a failure, as there's very few people who currently use the S2 to go down to Balsall Common.

Matt.N0056

Just seen a hybrid in Solihull in signature livery

It is YJ12 GUG

bwsau cymru

Quote from: neale95 on May 18, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

It is YJ12 GUG
Looking very smart indeed!!! Just saw in in catherine de barnes . Wonder if anymore will be repainted? Also will the centros go into signature colour as they are high spec, and ditch the royale brand which is cpearly on the way out!
campaigning for better transport for all

John

Quote from: dannygill on May 18, 2013, 06:49:42 PM
Quote from: neale95 on May 18, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

It is YJ12 GUG
Looking very smart indeed!!! Just saw in in catherine de barnes . Wonder if anymore will be repainted? Also will the centros go into signature colour as they are high spec, and ditch the royale brand which is cpearly on the way out!

Pic to follow in a bit

Ash

I'm not sure whether the royale centros will get the signature branding as the signature branded buses are at long acre not tividale but I suppose it would make more sense for the 56 to be operated out of Long Acre due to the mileage covered returning to Tividale I'm sure Long Acre would be closer. So I guess there is going to be two brands diamond (blue livery) and signature. Does this mean the 16 service will be classed as part of the signature network as this service uses the hybrids unless only 2 are going to get repainted out of the 8 leaving the other 6 for the 16 service.

Solo1

I suppose it would make more sense for the 56 to be operated out of Long Acre due to the mileage covered returning to Tividale I'm sure Long Acre would be closer.
Tividale is a few miles nearerbut not much in it
While on the subject of 56 what service does
the extra 56's come off

Ash

I think one might come of the 67 wednesbury to yew tree as sonetimes this service sees cadets etc probably due to going on the 56 as the 67 could get away with a car

Lukeee

They might just have the one Versa painted in Signiture livery as its usually 6 for the 16 and one usually operates the 600 (Erdington Circular) and the i belive does peaks on the 108.

John

Quote from: Lukeee on May 20, 2013, 08:28:47 PM
They might just have the one Versa painted in Signiture livery as its usually 6 for the 16 and one usually operates the 600 (Erdington Circular) and the i belive does peaks on the 108.

It might be a replacement for 30018 in Signature Livery that is now sold.

Matt.N0056

I think more buses will be needed for the Signature services from June. Also I am told the Centro contracts say vehicles used have to be less than 2 years old, not sure if this is true though. 

Liberator9

I doubt the buses have to be less than two years old; it would mean that two Citaros couldn't run the route and the 4 optare solo SRs. Although I'd like to be shot of those SRs. These SRs aren't the best buses, have faulty doors due to air pressure issues and remember one of the drivers telling me once that one of the engines had to be "rebuilt" in order to fix a problem. Shame they've gotten rid of AE10 CTO, used to love riding that bus!

Solo1

what are the changes with the signature services S2 S3 S4 82

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk