News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on May 06, 2013, 09:10:49 PM
I would have thought some of the darts parked up at Tividale the ex touchwood connection V reg ones and some of ex travel london 05 midi darts would be ideal for Kidderminster to replace the older P reg ones but I guess no movements will be made until everything is passed even then I guess the move suggested would not happen.
on the ukbus news website  diamond fleet list it shows  ex first 42404 in the withdrawn section it is the only one showing on there  as withdrawn
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

I noticed diamond have updated there wayfarers to a slightly different system not sure what benefits it brings as I know very little about how the machines work just know they are issuing slightly different tickets and have different features.

vinh1000

Quote from: Ash on May 07, 2013, 07:15:02 PM
I noticed diamond have updated there wayfarers to a slightly different system not sure what benefits it brings as I know very little about how the machines work just know they are issuing slightly different tickets and have different features.
I believe that Diamond Wayfarers can issue any ticket on the whole diamond ticket (i.e. a Blue Diamond 16 bus could issue a ConnectA ticket only valid down the Worcestershire part) and it stores all routes inside it
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Cedric

Quote from: vinh1000 on May 07, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
Quote from: Ash on May 07, 2013, 07:15:02 PM
I believe that Diamond Wayfarers can issue any ticket on the whole diamond ticket (i.e. a Blue Diamond 16 bus could issue a ConnectA ticket only valid down the Worcestershire part) and it stores all routes inside it
the connecta  tickets  there area ones for different areas of Worcestershire and various types and they are valid on any operators vehicles .for  more info on this go to Worcestershire county council website as there is too much to put here
diamond 8\10/125/292

nitromatt1

Have Diamond withdrawn the 4H's loop around Hayley Green? Because looking at the timetable on the Network West Midlands site, it seems to terminate at the bus station

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 10, 2013, 11:24:53 PM
Have Diamond withdrawn the 4H's loop around Hayley Green? Because looking at the timetable on the Network West Midlands site, it seems to terminate at the bus station

Don't think so, timetables on Diamonds own website still show it terminating at Hayley Green

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on May 10, 2013, 11:37:52 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 10, 2013, 11:24:53 PM

Don't think so, timetables on Diamonds own website still show it terminating at Hayley Green

Errr never mind, think I clicked the NXWM 4H by accident! Sorry about that

Ash

Does anyone know when the b7rle's from Wessex Red are going to be making there way up to diamond since the new b7rle's have entered service down south.

Any news on 30212 as I think this might have been the bus that was involved in the accident on the 301 as I haven't seen it for a while and was 1 of 2 buses it could of been on that day when the incident occurred.

bwsau cymru

Bf60ofa has finally had its central connect branding removed and re done as diamond
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

The 07 reg diamond enviro 200 now back at tividale on the 4 today

winston

Diamond / Signature service changes from 9th June

PD1028090/155 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A Birmingham Motor Traction, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and S2 Dorridge S2C Balsall Common given service number S2 , S2A, S2C effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD1028090/156 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A Birmingham Motor Traction, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Dorridge Hockley heath given service number S3 effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD1028090/157 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A Birmingham Motor Traction, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Coventry given service number 82 effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD1028090/158 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A Birmingham Motor Traction, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Cheswick Green given service number S4 effective from 09-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD1028090/185 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A Birmingham Motor Traction, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Registration Accepted by SN
        Starting Point: Solihull Rail Station
        Finish Point: Balsall Common Island
        Via:
        Service Number: 88
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 09-JUN-2013
        Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays except bank holidays.

Liberator9

So Blue Diamond retain the services; good as some of the drivers are excellent. I assume with this more buses may be needed?

bwsau cymru

A conversation with a diamond customer services lady said that there are no changes happening to the 82 at least as they have not been told anything different by centro. I have to say I shocked why the even put the 82 up for tender now I think it is a solid route and should be commercial and should maybe even look at a couple of sunday services on the route? I think it would be a nice outing for people from Coventry to travel to Solihull (or vice versa) on a warm summers sunday day ?
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

The 82 could do with being every 30 mins can get quite busy at times and blue diamond have 3 citaros just need a hybrid along side them to allow the increase in the frequency

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
The 82 could do with being every 30 mins can get quite busy at times and blue diamond have 3 citaros just need a hybrid along side them to allow the increase in the frequency

I think they may be putting extra buses on at peak times but not sure if thats still the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk