News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Wonder if if 30111 has also been sold as I didn't see it in
Redditch & wasn't about as I asked in the depot

PM

Why on earth have they done that?

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on May 05, 2013, 07:25:56 PM
Why on earth have they done that?

No idea,  they buy new full size single deckers then sell some of their newest full length darts. Why repaint a bus you're intending to sell? Crackers.....

The  P-reg Darts have been reinstated due to the possible dft/mmc investigation

PM

It is completely crazy yes standardisation is one thing but still-maybe that enviro 200 could also go as it is a bit of a shed. Good job i went on one while they were here as they are very nice buses and very fast. Diamond's main priority is emerging unscathed from this investigation and hopefully it will be cleared so as a much needed comprehensive network review can happen where no stone is left unturned-it is certainly needed so as diamond can provide a network. Do we think it will be cleared though?

John

Quote from: Ash on May 03, 2013, 06:09:52 PM
Also John-s-91's  the photo of BK13NZT you have uploaded onto your flickr account has me on it sitting on the front seat on the 4M at the time. I didn't see anyone with a camera either there were 2 lads that looked liked spotters unless you were one of them. Then you might have saw 30204 leave full the bus I commented on earlier that left about 10 mins before this one did.

I was with my mate, yes so could have been me, standing on the corner  :) I don't remember seeing a Cadet. More than likely wasn't paying attention, but do remember seeing a small Dart heaving on the 4H.

Ash

So i guess the enviro 200 was sent to Long Acre to replace the mcv leaving for New Zealand, I hope more eclipses are purchased second hand from the sales of the mcv's although 3 more eclipses are expected from Wessex.

hartshill busman 724210

Quote from: bususer12 on May 01, 2013, 06:21:50 PM
Caught the 1750 "swift" 226 from Merry Hill today, having seen drivers play the "no ticket - machine Kaput" game before in order to pocket the money as the tickets wouldnt go through the machine. This is a new low - the driver was giving passengers scrumpled up used tickets, presumably in order to pocket the fares himself. Driver was also driving very aggressively.

Vehicle No. Diamond 20535 driven by a black driver with shades on and a bald head. I have passed this on to Centro and Diamond.
Well done for catching a Diamond running on there own time.Its easier to pocket more money if you make it a 25/5 minute split.

jc

Darts reinstated at Redditch? ... Were they ever taken of the road? O.o

Be a shame to see the MCV go but not surprised when there was just one at each depot

winston

Quote from: jc on May 06, 2013, 07:25:56 PM
Darts reinstated at Redditch? ... Were they ever taken of the road? O.o

Be a shame to see the MCV go but not surprised when there was just one at each depot

I think a couple may have been reported parked up in Kiddi depots for a day or so, but generally the majority appeared to remain in service

Cedric

do not think they where ever of road and the ex first darts seam to get moved between Kidderminster and Redditch a lot
even the lance is still on the road
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

I would have thought some of the darts parked up at Tividale the ex touchwood connection V reg ones and some of ex travel london 05 midi darts would be ideal for Kidderminster to replace the older P reg ones but I guess no movements will be made until everything is passed even then I guess the move suggested would not happen.

StourportSam

Quote from: bewminster on May 06, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
do not think they where ever of road and the ex first darts seam to get moved between Kidderminster and Redditch a lot
even the lance is still on the road

Ex First darts 42405 and 42404 have been off the road for at least a week now.
They are round the back of Kidderminster Garage with stickers in the windscreen and one has a body panel missing.
I'd say they are withdrawn, the rest seem to be in use still though.

I have seen P401 MLA, P403 MLA, R610 YCR, R220 MSA and R475 CAH in Stourport last week.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on May 05, 2013, 08:13:41 PM
It is completely crazy yes standardisation is one thing but still-maybe that enviro 200 could also go as it is a bit of a shed. Good job i went on one while they were here as they are very nice buses and very fast. Diamond's main priority is emerging unscathed from this investigation and hopefully it will be cleared so as a much needed comprehensive network review can happen where no stone is left unturned-it is certainly needed so as diamond can provide a network. Do we think it will be cleared though?

Kiddiminster will not be an issue, but I'll be surprised if the Redditch part of the deal gets cleared without any intervention from the Dft/MMC, especially given all the negative press against Diamond/Rotala since taking over from First

winston

Quote from: Ash on May 05, 2013, 11:13:39 PM
So i guess the enviro 200 was sent to Long Acre to replace the mcv leaving for New Zealand, I hope more eclipses are purchased second hand from the sales of the mcv's although 3 more eclipses are expected from Wessex.

Volvo Bus, Warwick are currently advertising another brand new 5 x B7RLE as currently in stock, I assume they may be the allover white ones currently coming through Heysham Docks

5 more for Diamond @ Tividale would be perfect to allow all of the 4, 4H & 4M running boards to be converted to B7RLE

Ash

Seems like the loadings on the 4 from walsall seemed to have picked him since the changes i was on a dart today and left full without the need to sit in the bus stand for about 10 minutes in fact we left without another diamond or nxwm in sight so both stands were empty when we departed although goung through caldmore 4x service 4 nxwm buses one behind each other and 2 diamond vehicles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk