News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

The three ex first enviros are up for sale see this week's route one, along with the citybuses.

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on March 06, 2013, 05:19:57 PM
The three ex first enviros are up for sale see this week's route one, along with the citybuses.

I knew this would happen it was the same when they acquired ludlows the omnicity's were sold straight away to arriva.

winston

Quote from: Ash on March 06, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on March 06, 2013, 05:19:57 PM

I knew this would happen it was the same when they acquired ludlows the omnicity's were sold straight away to arriva.

Why bother to buy the Enviros in the first place to advertise them for sale after a week?

richie

Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2013, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: Discodave on March 06, 2013, 12:43:48 PM
Quote from: JackC on March 05, 2013, 07:30:41 PM
Quote from: Ash on March 05, 2013, 06:06:14 PM
AE10KHB 30021 seen on the 40 today in the new blue livery looking very smart. So the return of the mcv evolutions back at black diamond.

That must have been what I saw coming out of Wednesbury tonight. Thought I was seeing things  ::)

They must have re converted them to right hand drive too as there is a picture of one of them in new zealand on the forum must have been one put in storage somewhere takes a while to ship a bus back and then re convert it mechanically and bodywise.

Discodave,

The majority of the Rotala MCV Evolutions that went to New Zealand were on MAN chassis, supplemented by a small number on ADL Dart chassis. It's more likely that this is one of a few that were retained by Wessex Connect, I understand that Rotala's Heathrow operation also still has a batch on ADL Dart chassis

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/6816462200/

The uk and New Zealand drive on the same side of the road so no conversions would have to take place would they?

winston

Quote from: richie on March 06, 2013, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2013, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: Discodave on March 06, 2013, 12:43:48 PM
Quote from: JackC on March 05, 2013, 07:30:41 PM
Quote from: Ash on March 05, 2013, 06:06:14 PM
AE10KHB 30021 seen on the 40 today in the new blue livery looking very smart. So the return of the mcv evolutions back at black diamond.

That must have been what I saw coming out of Wednesbury tonight. Thought I was seeing things  ::)

They must have re converted them to right hand drive too as there is a picture of one of them in new zealand on the forum must have been one put in storage somewhere takes a while to ship a bus back and then re convert it mechanically and bodywise.

Discodave,

The majority of the Rotala MCV Evolutions that went to New Zealand were on MAN chassis, supplemented by a small number on ADL Dart chassis. It's more likely that this is one of a few that were retained by Wessex Connect, I understand that Rotala's Heathrow operation also still has a batch on ADL Dart chassis

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/6816462200/

The uk and New Zealand drive on the same side of the road so no conversions would have to take place would they?

Never clocked that one, some of the examples that went to New Zealand were converted to dual door though

StourportSam

Looks as though they have the Tridents from First for sale as well!

StourportSam

And, if I'm right, K123 URP and K126 URP as well as R445 CCV

tank90

Diamond need to be carefull getting rid of buses from Redditch as the DDs are needed for school bus loadings and the 57 58 too.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stu

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 06, 2013, 08:10:58 AM
Quote from: neale95 on March 05, 2013, 06:54:19 PMAccording to the NWM Facebook the 82 is a commercial registration so I guess the S2/3 are also.

Nope, the 82 is tendered.

The current Diamond 82 service is subsidised by Centro, what was meant is that Central Buses have registered their 82 service commercially, without any subsidy from Centro. The Centro contract is still up for tender.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Quote from: tank90 on March 06, 2013, 07:12:51 PM
Diamond need to be carefull getting rid of buses from Redditch as the DDs are needed for school bus loadings and the 57 58 too.

The presidents for sale might not be first ones but ex preston ones which have been withdrawn and are awaiting sale. What needs to happen with redditch and kidderminster is plenty of good low floor darts around W/X reg to cope with loadings should be fine, couple of deckers. Solos are too small in my opinion and even MPDS seem bigger even tho they probably seat about the same as they are a proper big bus layout. How are diamond doing with their new operations now any more news?

Cedric

Quote from: Peter123 on March 06, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

The presidents for sale might not be first ones but ex preston ones which have been withdrawn and are awaiting sale. What needs to happen with redditch and kidderminster is plenty of good low floor darts around W/X reg to cope with loadings should be fine, couple of deckers. Solos are too small in my opinion and even MPDS seem bigger even tho they probably seat about the same as they are a proper big bus layout. How are diamond doing with their new operations now any more news?

buses getting missed I have been for 6 since Monday  2 did not show, blinds not  working  scaners on ticket machines not working,  and that is just on the times  I have gone for a bus. in kidderminster
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Preston only have 5 x Trident/Plaxton & only four appear to be withdrawn at present. If the 3 x Enviro 300's plus the Lances are also going, Diamond need to draft in more full size single deckers   

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 06, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

Preston only have 5 x Trident/Plaxton & only four appear to be withdrawn at present. If the 3 x Enviro 300's plus the Lances are also going, Diamond need to draft in more full size single deckers   

I agree about this. Rotala could do with cascading a few centros, evolutions or esteems from wessex/heathrow or preston and giving them new buses and transferring the older ones to the WMids

PM

Is it me though that thinks that Go-Ahead's policy of standardising the fleet with some good low floor darts was the right idea and not buying unreliable optares!!

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on March 06, 2013, 07:50:25 PM
Is it me though that thinks that Go-Ahead's policy of standardising the fleet with some good low floor darts was the right idea and not buying unreliable optares!!

Darts are alright for urban operations, but they are not really suitable for some of the longer distance inter urban routes that Diamond have inherited off First, those need to be run by heavy weight single deckers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk