News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Peter123It would make sense to shut long acre and transfer drivers to tividale or redditch if that is possible and to be honest the singature work would have involved considerable dead mileage although central seem to be popping up everywhere at the moment! And as much as I would like to think that rotala have something big planned using Long Acre I distinctly doubt it. They can't really be running much can they? The 10's being cancelled along with 17 and signature stuff, the nifty fifty which would appear to be going to redditch-it must only be the X30, a few coaches, bit of tendered work and the 119 and another sutton route. I would place quite a bit of money on them shutting long acre and running everything from tividale, kidderminster, redditch x2 for the moment as they will be reluctant to change anything in case the oft intervene and they have to sell it off again.

I'm not sure Diamonds Nifty 50 is particularly viable in its current form.  A dozen passengers being carted up and down the A435 per journey and a bit of Centro pass income does not look like bringing in much income to pay for the driver and fuel.   Of course Green Bus are competing as well with their double deckers and discounted fares.  If NXWM decide to target the 50 with a batch of new buses that may finish them off.

Discodave

True but it can do well even with all the other companies on.

PM

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 02, 2013, 12:24:02 PM
Quote from: Peter123It would make sense to shut long acre and transfer drivers to tividale or redditch if that is possible and to be honest the singature work would have involved considerable dead mileage although central seem to be popping up everywhere at the moment! And as much as I would like to think that rotala have something big planned using Long Acre I distinctly doubt it. They can't really be running much can they? The 10's being cancelled along with 17 and signature stuff, the nifty fifty which would appear to be going to redditch-it must only be the X30, a few coaches, bit of tendered work and the 119 and another sutton route. I would place quite a bit of money on them shutting long acre and running everything from tividale, kidderminster, redditch x2 for the moment as they will be reluctant to change anything in case the oft intervene and they have to sell it off again.

I'm not sure Diamonds Nifty 50 is particularly viable in its current form.  A dozen passengers being carted up and down the A435 per journey and a bit of Centro pass income does not look like bringing in much income to pay for the driver and fuel.   Of course Green Bus are competing as well with their double deckers and discounted fares.  If NXWM decide to target the 50 with a batch of new buses that may finish them off.

No their 50 does well I was talking to one driver today and Im not going to say the figures he told me but trust me it is doing well-the centros were pretty much all full today and people do buy their returns.

tank90

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 02, 2013, 12:24:02 PM

Green bus only go as far as Maypole tho.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Think this is one for Tony but in this picture http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/20844.html  what is the bus behind the solo? I can see it is a centro and it is blue but which one will kidderminster have as I thought they were going to redditch. Thanks

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on March 02, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
Think this is one for Tony but in this picture http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/20844.html  what is the bus behind the solo? I can see it is a centro and it is blue but which one will kidderminster have as I thought they were going to redditch. Thanks

The title underneath the photo is incorrect, it should say Redditch

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 02, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Fair enough sorry tho cant help feeling that depot looks a bit decrepit

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on March 02, 2013, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 02, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Fair enough sorry tho cant help feeling that depot looks a bit decrepit

That's the current depot not the First one in Plymouth Road

Ash

With the 57/58 services in Redditch did First used to operate the service in the evening as I know diamond stopped there's if so does that mean that diamond will start up again in the evening on the 57/58 just wondering.

Steveminor

Worcestershires bus timetable site shows that there are two 57/58 timetables in Place, the Diamond one & the Diamond former First one. The Diamond former First timetable is running in the evenings.

It does seem silly though having 2 sets of registrations for the same route I know it won't last but surely (as with Arriva when they took over Midland) They knew what they were buying & what routes were duplicated so why not de-register one of them. They must have money to burn.

D10

Quote from: Steveminor on March 03, 2013, 07:07:50 AM
Worcestershires bus timetable site shows that there are two 57/58 timetables in Place, the Diamond one & the Diamond former First one. The Diamond former First timetable is running in the evenings.

It does seem silly though having 2 sets of registrations for the same route I know it won't last but surely (as with Arriva when they took over Midland) They knew what they were buying & what routes were duplicated so why not de-register one of them. They must have money to burn.

Perhaps it was to keep the Competition authorities off their backs? De-registering the competing services on the 57/58 as well as the 51 may have been too much on day 1.

jc

Both sets of services running today, First Drivers were driving Diamond buses with 'On hire to First Midland Red' in the window

Should be KX08HMY, another two Centros in the First depot today with 516, 428, a red b7rle and several other various Darts ...

Solo was gone today by mid-day but could have been in service?

4 Kidderminster Darts arrived for i assume re-branding, however they were 3 x PMLA and 42455 so may be moving for scrap?

32885 - 40917 - T885 KLF - http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/8524578536/in/photostream

winston

Quote from: jc on March 03, 2013, 01:09:39 PM
Both sets of services running today, First Drivers were driving Diamond buses with 'On hire to First Midland Red' in the window

Should be KX08HMY, another two Centros in the First depot today with 516, 428, a red b7rle and several other various Darts ...

Solo was gone today by mid-day but could have been in service?

4 Kidderminster Darts arrived for i assume re-branding, however they were 3 x PMLA and 42455 so may be moving for scrap?

32885 - 40917 - T885 KLF - http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/8524578536/in/photostream

Sounds crackers still running both sets of services, has the Church Road allocation been moved to in Plymouth Road yet or are they maintaining separate operations until they know for certain that the Oft will not intervene?

tank90

I wounder how they have sorted out the (f) logo on the glass panel on the stair cases of the Presidents lol. It would make me laugh if they just stick a <> sticker over it.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Discodave

They were putting diamond names on the buses in Kidderminster today seen on my way to Sourport for a visit and now a new colour diamond livery, Barbie Diamond  ;D  T418HNH was on 3 service in Stourport (red diamond).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk