News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Diamond did Sunday services back on the 002/004 when ludlows was merged. Each were every 90 minutes and were interworked

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: trainbasher on February 27, 2013, 10:24:41 PM
Diamond did Sunday services back on the 002/004 when ludlows was merged. Each were every 90 minutes and were interworked

I think the 002 could support a 30 min frequency on a Sunday, a 90 min frequency isn't going to attract any prospective new passengers and if a bus were to breakdown the whole thing falls apart and passengers would get left stranded

Ash

It could possibly be inter worked with the 4M with drivers changing over at West Bromwich but usually the 4/4H/4M has the same group of drivers on it not sure they would know the 002 route and vice versa.

winston

Quote from: Ash on February 27, 2013, 10:34:55 PM
It could possibly be inter worked with the 4M with drivers changing over at West Bromwich but usually the 4/4H/4M has the same group of drivers on it not sure they would know the 002 route and vice versa.

They could easily learn it, nothing to stop Pensnett operating it either.

Discodave

Supprised NXWM have not looked at routes like the 002 to take out diamond that is one that does quite well.

winston

Quote from: Discodave on February 28, 2013, 12:47:49 PM
Supprised NXWM have not looked at routes like the 002 to take out diamond that is one that does quite well.

It's only fair if Diamond was to launch new competition / increase frequencies on a NXWM service that NXWM can retaliate on a busy Diamond service like the 002, 56 etc

Ash

Quote from: Winston on February 28, 2013, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: Discodave on February 28, 2013, 12:47:49 PM

It’s only fair if Diamond was to launch new competition / increase frequencies on a NXWM service that NXWM can retaliate on a busy Diamond service like the 002, 56 etc

The routes that diamond compete with NXWM on commercially have been operated by diamond and its predecessors for quite a few years well into the 1990's some of them at the moment it seems like diamond are keeping themselves to themselves in the West Midlands and not challenging on any commercial services.

Also 30209 broke down in Stone Cross this evening with panels removed on the far side.

winston

It appears Rotala may have now have lost some/all of the Signature work in Solihull to Central Buses, these registrations have appeared on VOSA today. As I understand it all the Signature work is Centro tendered, so I wouldn't have thought that they would be competing services, can anyone confirm?

PD1021409/58 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Solihull Railway Station
        Finish Point: Coventry
        Via:
        Service Number: 82
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 09-JUN-2013
        Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays.

PD1021409/59 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Solihull, Poplar Road
        Finish Point: Dorridge (S2)/Hockley Heath (S3)
        Via:
        Service Number: S2
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 09-JUN-2013
        Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays.

Solo1

Wonder what will happen to the buses on those services will
The buses move to central buses & be painted in there livery
Or will central have some more buses

JackC

Quote from: Solo1 on March 01, 2013, 02:28:24 PM

Aren't the buses currently used on those services owned by Rotala/Blue Diamond/Central Connect/whatever they wanna call themselves? So I imagine Central Buses will need to invest in more buses. Saying that, wasn't there something about them ordering new E200s a few months back?

winston

Quote from: JackC on March 01, 2013, 02:35:57 PM

Aren't the buses currently used on those services owned by Rotala/Blue Diamond/Central Connect/whatever they wanna call themselves? So I imagine Central Buses will need to invest in more buses. Saying that, wasn't there something about them ordering new E200s a few months back?

Yes on the ADL website announcing orders received to date, the date the registrations are due to commence is also more than 56 days away.

It is looking as though Rotala have lost further work, Central Buses do seem to be a quality / well run independent, the buses are always well turned out & they have a very modern fleet

CRP2012

Quote from: Winston on March 01, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

Yes on the ADL website announcing orders received to date, the date the registrations are due to commence is also more than 56 days away.

It is looking as though Rotala have lost further work, Central Buses do seem to be a quality / well run independent, the buses are always well turned out & they have a very modern fleet

i agree with BIB - Central buses seem to have expanded more slowly than Red/Blue/Black/Insert any other colour Here Diamond,Central buses have been going for around 10 years now,i think rotola have been going for around 6-7 years now?

winston

Quote from: CRP2012 on March 01, 2013, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 01, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

i agree with BIB - Central buses seem to have expanded more slowly than Red/Blue/Black/Insert any other colour Here Diamond,Central buses have been going for around 10 years now,i think rotola have been going for around 6-7 years now?

Rotala first bought in to buses on 20th Oct 2006 with the acquisition of Zaks bus & coach (which was what formed the basis of Central Connect & now Blue Diamond), Rotala bought Flights Hallmark coaches back in Aug 2005

Ash

Such a shame blue diamond will not be operating the 82 after they have lost the service. The citaro's are the best in the group in my opinion, the buses are always on time and the drivers very friendly with most passengers that seem to use the service daily having a good rapport with them I think Central buses will have to live up to the high precedent set by diamond on the service. I hope the citaro's don't get sold off as they would be nicely suited to be used on the 56 or 301 with black diamond. Surely Long Acre can't stay open for much longer after losing all these services.

winston

Quote from: Ash on March 01, 2013, 05:57:57 PM
Such a shame blue diamond will not be operating the 82 after they have lost the service. The citaro's are the best in the group in my opinion, the buses are always on time and the drivers very friendly with most passengers that seem to use the service daily having a good rapport with them I think Central buses will have to live up to the high precedent set by diamond on the service. I hope the citaro's don't get sold off as they would be nicely suited to be used on the 56 or 301 with black diamond. Surely Long Acre can't stay open for much longer after losing all these services.

I don't think Central Buses will have any issues stepping up to the mantel on the Signature services, Central Buses appear to offer a consistently high standard across the board, not just just on certain routes. I presume Rotala have lost the tenders on price alone?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk