News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jakemat10 on August 21, 2020, 10:54:56 AM
Has 20732 gone to Kidderminster as it's been tracking on the 145 for 2 days now

Thanks

Jake
20732 was at Ward End on the 25 today. So still at Tividale.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ash

ellspurs

On Saturday, I was happily trundling along the B4030 just outside of Bicester, when I was confronted with a Diamond service 250 to Bicester. What depot does that one run out of? Was very surprised to see a Diamond that far south.

Kevin

Quote from: ellspurs on June 07, 2021, 05:45:23 PM
On Saturday, I was happily trundling along the B4030 just outside of Bicester, when I was confronted with a Diamond service 250 to Bicester. What depot does that one run out of? Was very surprised to see a Diamond that far south.

Rotala won the tender for the 250, started operating as Hallmark like the Surrey routes but they were all renamed to fit the Diamond brand recently. They use a base in Bicester I think shared with Grayline coaches?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

MAN Centro 30922 has been delivered back to Tividale, having had it's conversion to electric.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

D10

Kevin

Quote from: D10 on August 04, 2021, 08:36:57 PM
Improvements to some Kidderminster and Redditch garage services from 29th August:

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/worcestershire-service-changes-august-21/?fbclid=IwAR24V4T3lmb4knzEUpajtKu1SDZn6QtntDRoYijfLFy9auG61-JkFdyBNqE

I was curious why the route to Kidderminster was mentioned as "increased", thought it was hourly. Turned out I was wrong.
Is the current service still a reduced thing for plague purposes or has it been 2 hourly for a while?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

D10

Quote from: Kevin on August 06, 2021, 06:53:29 AM
I was curious why the route to Kidderminster was mentioned as "increased", thought it was hourly. Turned out I was wrong.
Is the current service still a reduced thing for plague purposes or has it been 2 hourly for a while?

Yup, it was a pandemic reduction, it was cut back to 2 hourly during the initial lockdowns of the Covid situation.

I love Walsall buses

Interesting Now that diamond have realised there timetable for the WMB services interesting that the 31 will only run till half past 7 monday-saturday and 5PM on sundays and it seems it will be every 10 minutes to Mossley and 5 to bloxwich

Steveminor

That's what they said in their press release.
I wouldn't have thought it would have been commercially viable to run later.

Westy

Basically, it will go back to heavy loads on Nx, quieter loads on Diamond,  & Chaserider picking up, well  not much really!

Just like it was before the partnership!

cris 99

The Partnership has now been extended another month now. interesting to see what happens in a month?
17//72/73/97/X12

bususer28

Quote from: cris 99 on August 26, 2021, 04:03:55 PM
The Partnership has now been extended another month now. interesting to see what happens in a month?
This could work quite nicely for Diamond. I know they have a timetable but if they run services 3 or 4 mins before NX then they can pick up most passengers making it more profitable.

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on August 26, 2021, 09:21:48 PM
This could work quite nicely for Diamond. I know they have a timetable but if they run services 3 or 4 mins before NX then they can pick up most passengers making it more profitable.

Running 4 minutes in front on the 31 means you are running 1 minute behind!

Ian Hardy

Rotala took 40841 & 30963 to Showbus today (26/09/21), both looked very good in the sun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk