News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc802002

Does anyone know who is operating the 10 after Diamond finish?

According to Diamond website there is to be a peak time only route with a new company?

Thanks

Steveminor

I know I am going to be roasted for this but, how can a CHARITY be allowed to compete against regular commercial companies ( who have to pay regular rates & tax ). How can anyone compete on such an unequal footing. I mean they even compete head to head with NXWM on a commercial service the 900, ok it's only a very limited service but that's not the point.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: gc802002 on February 22, 2013, 06:34:05 PM
Does anyone know who is operating the 10 after Diamond finish?

According to Diamond website there is to be a peak time only route with a new company?

Thanks

From the press release, it appears to be an off peak service.

Strange i was in the Harbourne area today and saw several 10H s and they were well loaded.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on February 22, 2013, 07:46:37 PM
I know I am going to be roasted for this but, how can a CHARITY be allowed to compete against regular commercial companies ( who have to pay regular rates & tax ). How can anyone compete on such an unequal footing. I mean they even compete head to head with NXWM on a commercial service the 900, ok it's only a very limited service but that's not the point.

You're not going to be roasted for it by me. Its totally unfair I agree with you and needs to be stopped.

Discodave

Quote from: Peter123 on February 22, 2013, 08:26:40 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on February 22, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

Do Walsall community transport come under the same banner as WMSNT?
You're not going to be roasted for it by me. Its totally unfair I agree with you and needs to be stopped.

Steveminor

To ascertain extent yes although they don't compete for tenders across the whole west midlands & they don't operate commercial or competitive services

JackC

Quote from: tank90 on February 16, 2013, 08:36:05 PM
Or how about this for Rotala West Midlands http://www.ensignbus.com/#!bus6/c1jly I'm sure they could find a route for it.

Now that could be quite a treat painted in Black Diamond livery if they did it right. However, Diamond seem uninterested in double deckers and so I doubt you'll see an E400 in all black any time soon.

Dylan4579

Quote from: JackC on February 27, 2013, 08:34:06 PM
Quote from: tank90 on February 16, 2013, 08:36:05 PM
Or how about this for Rotala West Midlands http://www.ensignbus.com/#!bus6/c1jly I'm sure they could find a route for it.

Now that could be quite a treat painted in Black Diamond livery if they did it right. However, Diamond seem uninterested in double deckers and so I doubt you'll see an E400 in all black any time soon.
Maybe diamond could increase there size of bus on the 56, to show up NXWM or do the 140 daytime.

Ash

There's one service I just don't understand why it doesn't operate on a Sunday or later in the evening (Monday to Saturday) and that is the 002. It's one of diamond's most popular services and with more and more people choosing to shop on a Sunday it's a no brainier for me even if it's just trialled out at every 30 minutes to start with.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on February 27, 2013, 09:24:51 PM
There's one service I just don't understand why it doesn't operate on a Sunday or later in the evening (Monday to Saturday) and that is the 002. It's one of diamond's most popular services and with more and more people choosing to shop on a Sunday it's a no brainier for me even if it's just trialled out at every 30 minutes to start with.

Couldn't agree more, I'm sure it would get a decent amount of passengers, even if it was hourly
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Quote from: Shaun on February 27, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

Couldn't agree more, I'm sure it would get a decent amount of passengers, even if it was hourly

Diamond just don't seem interested in trying anything out like this they have dedicated vehicles for the service as well of which they could promote the new Sunday service have a Sunday Special return fare of £2.50 to entice people to use it for trial period and go from there perhaps it's just too simple from an enthusiasts point of view and the people making the decisions at diamond can't see the same opportunity or perhaps they know for fact it wouldn't pay to try it out.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on February 27, 2013, 09:36:27 PM

Diamond just don't seem interested in trying anything out like this they have dedicated vehicles for the service as well of which they could promote the new Sunday service have a Sunday Special return fare of £2.50 to entice people to use it for trial period and go from there perhaps it's just too simple from an enthusiasts point of view and the people making the decisions at diamond can't see the same opportunity or perhaps they know for fact it wouldn't pay to try it out.
and later in evenings with shops being open  till  around 8pm in (Worcestershire)
diamond 8\10/125/292

richie

They should pull their game together as the 002 is a good service I've never understood why NX haven't ran on it even when ludlows ran it but if arriva want to expand its doubtful they will go at NX at first they will go for diamond and could potentially loose a lot of customers from the 002

nitromatt1

Quote from: richie on February 27, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

They should pull their game together as the 002 is a good service I've never understood why NX haven't ran on it even when ludlows ran it but if arriva want to expand its doubtful they will go at NX at first they will go for diamond and could potentially loose a lot of customers from the 002

If there was more than one operator on the 002 I (and probably most other people) would just do the same as I do for any other route with multiple operators and get on the first one to come.

winston

Quote from: richie on February 27, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

TWM did run over part of the 002/004 route with the 109 (B'ham -Merry Hill) which was introduced back with the Hagley Road branded B10L's, obviously a few years ago now. The 002 would be a good route for NX to hit back at Rotala with, NX could even offer the later evening & Sunday services that have bee suggested above

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk