News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 15, 2020, 11:15:10 PM
How can Diamond finish this service at such short notice, don't you need to give the 56 days notice?
Think that's changed due to COVID 19.
As Claribels also cancelled their commercial services at very short notice as well.

Think it was said its only 24 hours notice now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 15, 2020, 09:47:28 PM
@Trident 4194 the 228 between Stourbridge & Kinver is the responsibility of Staffordshire County Council it is up to them not TfWM to support the service as Worcestershire County Council has done with the 303 however I fully agree with all the points raised by @Simon Dunn in regard to commercial services within The West Midlands County however with over 90% of services being operated commercially historically operators are expected to provide a sustainable level of service to both the company and its customers.

I agree.  However, to support that commercial level of operation the DfT have provided guidance.  TfWM are failing to follow that guidance.  You cannot create a £1 million pound hole for an operator and expect them to continually run the same network.  There has been a discussion going on with TfWM/Staffordshire around the 228 for months, so this isn't new a new issue. 

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 16, 2020, 05:10:30 AM
I agree.  However, to support that commercial level of operation the DfT have provided guidance.  TfWM are failing to follow that guidance.  You cannot create a £1 million pound hole for an operator and expect them to continually run the same network.  There has been a discussion going on with TfWM/Staffordshire around the 228 for months, so this isn't new a new issue.
Yes fully agree @Simon Dunn with the deficit following Covid-19 Diamond Bus is facing you cannot expect operators to continually run the same network what is now operating now has to be sustainable to the operator and its customers in essence following the fundamental principle of a capitalist society supply & demand Diamond Bus are not a charity.

Michael Bevan

Just seen a post on Facebook that ex Diamond B7RLE 30942 (BK13 NZT) has now ended up with Andrews Coaches on the Shetland Island...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/psvcircle/permalink/3551181651566686/

DJ

Diamond have another new Streetlite at Tividale, BD20 OCY. I'm unsure of the fleet number right now.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 23, 2020, 09:59:06 PM
Diamond have another new Streetlite at Tividale, BD20 OCY. I'm unsure of the fleet number right now.

BD20 OCZ has also arrived today.

DJ

BD20 OCY is 32319, OCZ is 32320, from what I've been told. Unlike the other 20 plates which were from a cancelled Arriva order, they have Diamond spec interiors.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2020, 07:35:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Now that The Green Bus have introduced a new service 242 operating between Kinver and Merry Hill Centre (albeit for the next 5 weeks only), would you be able to confirm for me that Diamond have now withdrawn their 228 service?

Given your concerns about the viability of this service, it would seem incomprehensible to me if TGB were operating this 242 alongside your 228. Or perhaps the 228 service has been curtailed?

There's no further information on this on the Diamond Bus website.

Thanks in advance!

@Stu according to one of the Cllrs on the WMCA Tramsport Committee, the 228 withdrawal was apparently not signed off by the TC/TfWM/Staffordshire as Diamond were trying to use the COVID registration process to circumnavigate the 70 day notice requirement.

TfWM and Staffordshire are also apparently looking at other providers for the 228 service.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 29, 2020, 10:01:00 PM
TfWM and Staffordshire are also apparently looking at other providers for the 228 service.
NX could be a possible candidate?  Seen as they've taken on a few tendered journeys in recent times.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Pat on July 29, 2020, 10:42:53 PM
NX could be a possible candidate?  Seen as they've taken on a few tendered journeys in recent times.

Could potentially extend one 8 an hour to kinver?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Pat

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 30, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
Or perhaps even a 28?  It more or less goes the same way to Merry Hill from Stourbridge.  I've only used the 228 once from Merry Hill to Russells Hall and it wasn't busy on that section.  I'd guess it would be the Kinver - Stourbridge & Merry Hill section that is most used.  Even if there was only a service as far as Stourbridge, at least there are plenty connections to Russells Hall and Merry Hill.

Perhaps an extension of the 17 could work?  That way, there'd be a direct link to Stourbridge and Dudley.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Pat on July 30, 2020, 12:04:57 PM
Or perhaps even a 28?  It more or less goes the same way to Merry Hill from Stourbridge.  I've only used the 228 once from Merry Hill to Russells Hall and it wasn't busy on that section.  I'd guess it would be the Kinver - Stourbridge & Merry Hill section that is most used.  Even if there was only a service as far as Stourbridge, at least there are plenty connections to Russells Hall and Merry Hill.

Perhaps an extension of the 17 could work?  That way, there'd be a direct link to Stourbridge and Dudley.

The 6 would be a better candidate for a Dudley connection plus it goes via Russell's hall still

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 29, 2020, 10:01:00 PM
@Stu according to one of the Cllrs on the WMCA Tramsport Committee, the 228 withdrawal was apparently not signed off by the TC/TfWM/Staffordshire as Diamond were trying to use the COVID registration process to circumnavigate the 70 day notice requirement.

Thanks, I just find it barmy that you now have two operators running services along a barely used stretch of route.

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 30, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
Quote from: Pat on July 30, 2020, 12:04:57 PM

I'm not familiar with that area very much, or how many passengers are travelling to/from Kinver, but it seems a sensible suggestion to look into extending an already-commercial service from Stourbridge to Kinver, maybe every two hours would suffice, or just a couple of peak journeys a day. I don't know the answer, it all depends on the few people who use this service and where they travel to.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on July 30, 2020, 06:15:39 PM
Thanks, I just find it barmy that you now have two operators running services along a barely used stretch of route.

I'm not familiar with that area very much, or how many passengers are travelling to/from Kinver, but it seems a sensible suggestion to look into extending an already-commercial service from Stourbridge to Kinver, maybe every two hours would suffice, or just a couple of peak journeys a day. I don't know the answer, it all depends on the few people who use this service and where they travel to.

Or they could be adventurous and extend a 9 to kinver, has kinver ever had a connection to Birmingham

X10 Gornal Wood

clentboy7922

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 30, 2020, 07:15:31 PM
Or they could be adventurous and extend a 9 to kinver, has kinver ever had a connection to Birmingham
WMPTE 130 ran hourly from Kinver to Birmingham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk