News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

How long is "due course" all operators need the information quickly in order to remobilise resources

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 25, 2020, 09:30:45 AM
How long is "due course" all operators need the information quickly in order to remobilise resources
I would naturally persumb it will not be released until after the Bank Holiday as funny enough Parliament is not sitting today therefore any Statutory Instrument relevant to the subject matter cannot be laid before the House if required. I expect the guidance will be released thru the usual channels and no doubt  Hansard will contain the proposed release details.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 25, 2020, 06:43:05 AM
I accept that we are fortunate to be in an industry which is regarded as essential.  However, as you seem to know more than me.  I would love to know what the Terms and Conditions are going to be, which have yet to be published.

In particular, what is happening to the tapering effect?  and what is the rate of CBSSG? 

Simon
In response to your comment about CBSSG it is my understanding the following principle will apply but if I am wrong I am happy to be corrected.

The Department for Transport (DfT) has written to operators in England that receive commercial BSOG outlining how the COVID-19 Bus Services Support Grant (CBSSG) will be paid and what is required in return to qualify for it.

COVID-19 Bus Services Suport Grant will be effective in relation to costs will run for four-week periods. It has been initially set at 100.51p per kilometre for the first of those periods and will be variable based thereof.

The total payable through the grant has been initally capped at £166.8m. Buses Minister Baroness Vere has said she is "confident" that sum will be enough for the original period and subsequent periods will be announced in due course It was arrived at following consultation with operators and examination of their cost bases and revenues.

First CBSSG payment based on 2017/18 average

As already outlined when CBSSG was announced, it is an additional funding stream above BSOG, contract revenue and concessionary fare reimbursement.

Payments for the four weeks from 17 March were be based on an average of the operator's four-weekly commercial BSOG live kilometres operated in 2017/18. DfT will then use an assumed service level of 50% during the period that the first payment will cover, and the initial pence per kilometre rate, to calculate the first sum to be transferred to the operator.

Subsequent periods will use actual live commercial kilometres operated in the previous four weeks as a basis, meaning that from then onwards CBSSG calculations will not involve a service level percentage. A decrease in kilometres operated will thus lead to a drop in the CBSSG payment.

Operators that did not claim commercial BSOG in 2017/18, but have done since, are eligible for CBSSG. DfT will work with them to determine suitable data to use for calculating the first four-week payment.

The pence per kilometre rate will be adjusted for subsequent four-week payments by comparing actual patronage during that period to average patronage before the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

Any changes to that ratio will have an inverse effect on the CBSSG rate – i.e. an increase in the patronage ratio will have a downward effect on CBSSG.

That is my understanding but am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Steveminor

You're about as clear as dft.
What is the new rate per km?????

A one sentence answer please.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 25, 2020, 10:14:49 AM
You're about as clear as dft.
What is the new rate per km?????

A one sentence answer please.

The pence per kilometre rate will be set for subsequent four-week payments by comparing actual patronage during that period to average patronage before the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 25, 2020, 10:27:49 AM
The pence per kilometre rate will be set for subsequent four-week payments by comparing actual patronage during that period to average patronage before the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

Everything you have said is true.  However, what is the rate now from 12th May 2020?  The scaling factor was set at delivering 50% service.  In view of these two key facts.  What are the new Terms and Conditions and updated model which allow an operator to subsequently understand risk.

The answer is the DfT haven't provided it. 

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 25, 2020, 11:16:55 AM
Everything you have said is true.  However, what is the rate now from 12th May 2020?  The scaling factor was set at delivering 50% service.  In view of these two key facts.  What are the new Terms and Conditions and updated model which allow an operator to subsequently understand risk.

The answer is the DfT haven't provided it.
I refer you to the answer in my previous post regarding the DfT briefing document and its publication and the consultation provided to operators for preparation here in for the Governments phase 2 stage. The next stage is clear to those who worked with the DfT on the consultation and will be communicated as such to others in due course.

Steveminor

Which returns to my earlier question how long is "due course"

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 25, 2020, 12:49:27 PM
Which returns to my earlier question how long is "due course"
I would naturally persumb it will not be released until after the Bank Holiday as funny enough Parliament is not sitting today therefore any Statutory Instrument relevant to the subject matter cannot be laid before the House if required. I expect the guidance will be released thru the usual channels and no doubt  Hansard will contain the proposed release details.

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn the bus tracker on the website needs looking at

Stu

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 25, 2020, 01:12:37 PM

Or translated from Civil Service 'newspeak': "We don't know, you'll just have to wait"  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

A number of off-topic comments have been removed from this thread.

May I please remind ALL users to follow the Forum Rules, in particular rules regarding personal attacks on other members.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stu on May 25, 2020, 06:00:53 PM
Or translated from Civil Service 'newspeak': "We don't know, you'll just have to wait"  ;)
I take it then in the manner of Mr Dominic Cummings it is a case of moderator, do what I say not what I do with your own response following the personal comments directed to me on my sentence construction still on the forum following my explanation of when we can expect the full DfT guidance on the revised rules to be published firstly in Hansard and if required laid before the House as a Statutory Instrument after taking part in the DfT consultation. I was simply replying to the question asked by two excellent fellow members of the industry whome I fully respect & are providing a excellent service in this difficult time as First are doing in Worcester; one of whom is from Diamond Bus a per the discussion thread ;and cannot see what your comment could achieve as my post was self explanatory and your comments in my opinion are not worthy of a moderator on such a serious subject matter.

Steveminor

I can see stu point. Maybe a new specific thread in the general discussion forum so that we can keep things on topic

Saw the 25 (Ward End to Erdington) earlier and the bus is now carrying a sign on the doors, saying that the bus is now "limited to a maximum of 7 passengers". Which is something I've not seen before.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk