News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2020, 05:28:29 PM
For God's sake!

That looks like an exert of a letter from TfWM to the operator to me.
Yes, a reliable source!

So why can I not find any reference of it on their website then, or on the Gov website. Yes I know the gov site might need updating but surly it should be up there by now then?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 22, 2020, 05:31:03 PM
@Bus Man K2,  Can you please just accept that your source wasn't as reliable as you thought on this occasion, as I and I'm sure many other members just want to get back to discussing Diamond instead of reading all this nonsense.  Thanks!

Well if I could actually find the info on either the gov Website or the TfWM then I will accept it but as  I can't find anything sorry to all the other members.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:36:21 PM
Well if I could actually find the info on either the gov Website or the TfWM then I will accept it but as  I can't find anything sorry to all the other members.
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:32:41 PM
So why can I not find any reference of it on their website then, or on the Gov website. Yes I know the gov site might need updating but surly it should be up there by now then?
Last time I checked, there was a global health pandemic in which non essential workers were told to stay at home.  Now, to me, someone who updates a non essential website isn't a key worker.  Maybe that's why you can't find any information online.  Anyway, as Tony stated, the source is a TfWM LETTER, which is probably why you can't find it online.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 22, 2020, 05:38:25 PM
Last time I checked, there was a global health pandemic in which non essential workers were told to stay at home.  Now, to me, someone who updates a non essential website isn't a key worker.  Maybe that's why you can't find any information online.  Anyway, as Tony stated, the source is a TfWM LETTER, which is probably why you can't find it online.

The non essential works from TfWM have access to same systems at home to what they have at work so thy could update it from home. That's all I'm saying and yes I do accept it. Also though these worker are now allowed back at work the last time I checked.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:42:56 PM
The non essential works from TfWM have access to same systems at home to what they have at work so thy could update it from home. That's all I'm saying and yes I do accept it. Also though these worker are now allowed back at work the last time I checked.
TfWM and .gov are two completely separate identities.  Just because TfWM staff have the facilities to work from home doesn't mean that .gov staff do.  The government guidelines on people getting back to work are as follows:
"All reasonable steps should be taken by employers to help people work from home. But for those who cannot work from home and whose workplace has not been told to close, our message is clear: you should go to work."
The .gov offices will probably be closed in this case, because the staff would be at work and the website possibly would have been updated.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:36:21 PM

So you don't accept it then?
I'm sure everyone else does.
Diamond have done nothing wrong
This subject is now closed.
Any posts after this one will be deleted

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 06:03:45 PM

Did you read my last line.

This is your 3rd post since!

Now 5 They will all be deleted - leave it

Bus Man K2 banned from posting for 7 days. I am not sitting here deleting posts no-one else wants to read all night!

midlandred2003

Thank you Tony that guy was getting on my nerves

Kevin

So, beyond all that....
Anyone in the know or worked out which way the new 44 is going? ie Bristol Road or through Frankley?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on May 22, 2020, 09:16:45 PM
So, beyond all that....
Anyone in the know or worked out which way the new 44 is going? ie Bristol Road or through Frankley?
It was discussed earlier, if you go a few pages back.
Frankley.

Quote from: sonic84 on May 22, 2020, 01:32:47 AM
The timetabled points on the 44 timetable between Great Park and Northfield are all on the Frankley estate so looks like it will diverge away from the 144 at this point.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Diamonds 20 minute frequency timetable is on NWM. Looks to have amended route to follow NX route from Halesowen following pool road rather than Stourbridge road way

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 24, 2020, 09:20:02 AM
Diamonds 20 minute frequency timetable is on NWM. Looks to have amended route to follow NX route from Halesowen following pool road rather than Stourbridge road way

The DfT announcement wasn't what we expected.  There needs to be clarity before we can scale up significantly.  Resources aren't the issue. 

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 24, 2020, 07:48:55 PM
The DfT announcement wasn't what we expected.  There needs to be clarity before we can scale up significantly.  Resources aren't the issue.
The announcement from the DfT has in effect produced a conjecture of the consultations given by the DfT to members of the industry precured alongside other relevant stakeholders in question not withstanding the detail on the matter concerned which may henceforth follow in the prescribed manner expected. Whilst further more the recent announcements instigated were made apparently broadly in line with previous consultations undertaken within the industry concerned concurrent with measures previously pronounced.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 24, 2020, 09:05:47 PM
The announcement from the DfT has in effect produced a conjecture of the consultations given by the DfT to members of the industry precured alongside other relevant stakeholders in question not withstanding the detail on the matter concerned which may henceforth follow in the prescribed manner expected. Whilst further more the recent announcements instigated were made apparently broadly in line with previous consultations undertaken within the industry concerned concurrent with measures previously pronounced.

I accept that we are fortunate to be in an industry which is regarded as essential.  However, as you seem to know more than me.  I would love to know what the Terms and Conditions are going to be, which have yet to be published.

In particular, what is happening to the tapering effect?  and what is the rate of CBSSG? 

Simon

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 25, 2020, 06:43:05 AM
I accept that we are fortunate to be in an industry which is regarded as essential.  However, as you seem to know more than me.  I would love to know what the Terms and Conditions are going to be, which have yet to be published.

In particular, what is happening to the tapering effect?  and what is the rate of CBSSG? 

Simon
The DfT briefing statement is currently the subject of an embargo and will be released to all relevant parties in due course my last post was based on the consultation undertaken between all relevant stakeholders including myself on the final draft proposals which appears to have been accepted in principle by most other operators perhaps you were not part of the exhaustive consultation process?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk