News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 01:07:21 PM
I can accept what I'm being told! Although as I stated in my first post and second and now this one. if it's not showing up on the Gov website then in my eyes and some other public transport people's minds it's not going to operate. I'm not going to say who or where the other person works. So that's where I'm getting my way of thinking from. So don't start being arsy with me.
The .gov website is secondary to the actual registration.  Just because the registration isn't on the website, it doesn't mean that the authorities haven't received a registration for the service.
It's a little bit like online shopping.  Just because a particular product isn't on the shop's website, doesn't mean that it isn't sold in store as the website hasn't been updated perhaps.

Tony

Similarly when we are retaxing buses for a return to service it can take up to seven days for the vehicle not to show as SORN on the online checker

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 22, 2020, 01:42:29 PM
The .gov website is secondary to the actual registration.  Just because the registration isn't on the website, it doesn't mean that the authorities haven't received a registration for the service.
It's a little bit like online shopping.  Just because a particular product isn't on the shop's website, doesn't mean that it isn't sold in store as the website hasn't been updated perhaps.

As I've been saying though TFWM haven't received a reg for the change. So even if the Gov site is secondary then surely the person that I'm in contact with should know then, but obviously he hasn't had the reg as he is the person who creates the thimetabels and Web info.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 02:01:37 PM
As I've been saying though TFWM haven't received a reg for the change. So even if the Gov site is secondary then surely the person that I'm in contact with should know then, but obviously he hasn't had the reg as he is the person who creates the thimetabels and Web info.
*sigh* As Winston, Tony & myself have pointed out, there is a delay in information being processed and made available due to the lack of staff at the authorities.  Anyway, Diamond have published a timetable on their website and as far as i'm aware, it is up to them to provide TfWM with that sort of information and not VOSA.
I can assure you that the service will be registered.  Bus companies do not make service changes public without the registration being received and approved by the authorities.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 22, 2020, 02:14:46 PM
*sigh* As Winston, Tony & myself have pointed out, there is a delay in information being processed and made available due to the lack of staff at the authorities.  Anyway, Diamond have published a timetable on their website and as far as i'm aware, it is up to them to provide TfWM with that sort of information and not VOSA.
I can assure you that the service will be registered.  Bus companies do not make service changes public without the registration being received and approved by the authorities.

That is partly right, but most time it is actually taken from the reg off the Gov Web, that's what I've been told. So that's why I'm under the impression that the route will not operate if there's no reg approved by the Gov (traffic commissioner).

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 02:22:38 PM
That is partly right, but most time it is actually taken from the reg off the Gov Web, that's what I've been told. So that's why I'm under the impression that the route will not operate if there's no reg approved by the Gov (traffic commissioner).
The registration will have been approved, as Diamond have made it public and have a date that the route will commence.  As we've been trying to tell you, the .gov website has not been updated.   

Trident 4194

11 maximum capacity on a large single decker bus. 5 is the maximum on the smaller vehicles. Now maybe you can see why diamond are indeed upping frequency to every 10 minutes. @Winston @Dom

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 02:22:38 PM

I strongly suggest you get a more reliable source! 

In future, please DO NOT post accusations of operators making unregistered changes / operating unregistered routes in unless your are 100% sure!

From an ultra reliable source:

Registration No is: PD0001374/255 - 44 - Halesowen - Bromsgrove  New Route & Timetable to replace the 202 from 31 May 2020, to operate hourly Monday to Saturday

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on May 22, 2020, 04:37:19 PM
I strongly suggest you get a more reliable source! 

In future, please DO NOT post accusations of operators making unregistered changes / operating unregistered routes in unless your are 100% sure!

From an ultra reliable source:

Registration No is: PD0001374/255 - 44 - Halesowen - Bromsgrove  New Route & Timetable to replace the 202 from 31 May 2020, to operate hourly Monday to Saturday

@Winston  as I stated in my previous posts he is a reliable source.

Also that reg number still doesn't show it on the gov website even if you type 44 into it. Also where did you get that info from?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 04:52:27 PM
@Winston  as I stated in my previous posts he is a reliable source.

Also that reg number still doesn't show it on the gov website even if you type 44 into it. Also where did you get that info from?

This is getting silly now. Why cannot you just accept it is registered? I can tell from that clip that it has come from TfWM, and is genuine.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2020, 05:06:17 PM
This is getting silly now. Why cannot you just accept it is registered? I can tell from that clip that it has come from TfWM, and is genuine.

Hi @Tony

I know it's silly. However what do you expect is someones accusing you of lying aboutt your sources. Also if that's the was a mod orator is speaking to a normal user what do you expect the that user to do, just sit back and take it when he know different?

P. S As I still can't find it I beg to differ on who's right and who's wrong.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:10:43 PM
Hi @Tony

I know it's silly. However what do you expect is someones accusing you of lying aboutt your sources. Also if that's the was a mod orator is speaking to a normal user what do you expect the that user to do, just sit back and take it when he know different?

Where shall I send the invoice to for all my time / my sources time to provide you proof that you still point blank refuse to accept?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on May 22, 2020, 05:13:41 PM
Where shall I send the invoice to for all my time / my sources time to provide you proof that you still point blank refuse to accept?

I haven't said I don't except it however as I still can't find any evidence on the TFWM timetable page or gov website with the info that your source has provided then as I said to Tony I beg to differ.

P. S. I might accept it if you provide an actual page that is linked to the new route and that's not an invitation to just link it to the Diamond website timetable. Which I accept it is shown on there but there are other sites that may show different thing or even the wrong information.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:17:12 PM
I haven't said I don't except it however as I still can't find any evidence on the TFWM timetable page or gov website with the info that your source has provided then as I said to Tony I beg to differ.

P. S. I might accept it if you provide an actual page that is linked to the new route and that's not an invitation to just link it to the Diamond website timetable. Which I accept it is shown on there but there are other sites that may show different thing or even the wrong information.

For God's sake!

That looks like an exert of a letter from TfWM to the operator to me.
Yes, a reliable source!

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 22, 2020, 05:17:12 PM

@Bus Man K2,  Can you please just accept that your source wasn't as reliable as you thought on this occasion, as I and I'm sure many other members just want to get back to discussing Diamond instead of reading all this nonsense.  Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk