News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 10, 2020, 03:43:49 PM
Don't get that route. It follows a similar route to the old NX 115 except it's peak only and goes back to Erdington after already serving it.

Yes it's only in the last couple of years that the 108 has been changed as it uses to terminate at New Hall

the trainbasher

Quote from: sonic84 on February 11, 2020, 07:36:54 PM
Yes it's only in the last couple of years that the 108 has been changed as it uses to terminate at New Hall

It got changed to the present route following the take up of the service by Central Buses

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Lukeee

Do many people use the 108 these days. The route seems long winded, always made more sense on the old route.

Busboy105

Quote from: Lukeee on February 11, 2020, 08:58:26 PM
Do many people use the 108 these days. The route seems long winded, always made more sense on the old route.
It's such a weird route. From Birmingham it goes non-stop to Walmley and then it serves Sutton Coldfield and then it goes to Erdington. Don't know what Central Buses was thinking modifying the route.
Would it work as an all-day service if it ran between Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield on it's current route or maybe join it with either the 167 or the 168?

metrocity

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 12, 2020, 12:23:38 AM
It's such a weird route. From Birmingham it goes non-stop to Walmley and then it serves Sutton Coldfield and then it goes to Erdington. Don't know what Central Buses was thinking modifying the route.
Would it work as an all-day service if it ran between Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield on it's current route or maybe join it with either the 167 or the 168?
If its a tendered service then TFWM decide the route - not the operator

Busboy105

Quote from: metrocity on February 12, 2020, 07:13:11 AM
If its a tendered service then TFWM decide the route - not the operator
I think it is I'm not sure. Still whoever decided to change needs a good explanation as to why it was changed because it doesn't make sense.

metrocity

Quote from: Busboy105 on February 12, 2020, 07:25:10 AM
I think it is I'm not sure. Still whoever decided to change needs a good explanation as to why it was changed because it doesn't make sense.
If I recall Diamond Bus withdrew the 108 and NX withdrew the 115 from the same date. TFWM then issued a tender which basically amalgamated the two routes.

Busboy105

Quote from: metrocity on February 12, 2020, 08:26:00 AM
If I recall Diamond Bus withdrew the 108 and NX withdrew the 115 from the same date. TFWM then issued a tender which basically amalgamated the two routes.
Yeah you're right on that one. Why was the 115 withdrawn anyway? Lack of demand maybe?

Lukeee

Quote from: metrocity on February 12, 2020, 08:26:00 AM

115 was withdrawn before, it was the short lived 15A/C that was withdrawn the same time as the 108

ellspurs

Has the TfWM thing for the 40 service started yet? I've seen NXWM 40 buses in the TfWM livery yesterday, and Diamond were rocking their Central Connect livery (with dodgy matrix board) showing "0 West Bromwich 40" on its way into West Bromwich during rush hour.

To be honest the TfWM livery looks very similar to the NXWM livery at a glance that I may have mistaken some of the Diamond buses for NXWM buses.

winston

BusMan Greg

Which depot operated the Lichfield city circulars?

Solo1

Trident 4194

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 15, 2020, 07:25:33 PM
Long acre doesn't even exist does it?

No. But neither do the Lichfield Circulars under Diamond

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk