News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0001374/444 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Foxyards Estate to Merry Hill Centre via Dudley
Service number: 24 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 20 Apr 2019

PD0001374/405 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Wolverhampton, Bilston Street to Goldthorn Park, Ednam Road
Service number: 61 ()

PD0001374/445 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Bearwood to Oldbury via Langley
Service number: 122 ()

PD0001374/314 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Dudley to Cradley Heath
Service number: 124 ()

PD0001374/451 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Norton to Stourbridge Bus Station via Pedmore
Service number: 288 ()

PD0001374/403 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Stourbridge Bus Station to Wall Heath, Dudley Road via Ashwood Park
Service number: 267 ()

PD0001374/421 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Dudley Bus Station to Merry Hill via Rowley Regis Hospital
Service number: 208 ()
Effective date: 27 Apr 2019

PD0001374/408 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Kingswinford Cross to Strourbridge, Bus Station
Service number: 657 ()

PD0001374/420 Registered
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Dudley Bus Station to Bilston Bus Station via Sedley
Service number: 229 ()
Effective date: 21 Apr 2019

PD0001374/469 Registered
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: 35 Lichfield - 35A Walsall to 35 Walsall - 35A Druids Heath via Castlefort, Rushall, Aldridge, Barns Lane, Stunnall
Service number: 35 (, 35A)
Effective date: 26 Apr 2019

mark114

Might sound a silly question and apologies for asking it the above services when it states cancelled does that mean it will not run again or will not run by that operator

winston

Quote from: mark114 on March 11, 2019, 12:02:03 PM
Might sound a silly question and apologies for asking it the above services when it states cancelled does that mean it will not run again or will not run by that operator

They are just confirmation of April's TfWM tender losses, which were already known.

mark114

Thank you so much Winston for that info it's greatly appreciated apologies again if my question was a silly one I have learning problems understanding some questions

winston

It appears Diamond are sticking with the 75, despite losing the Warks CC tendered parts to Claribels

PD0001374/504 Registered (Short notice)
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Birmingham International Station to Birmingham Business Park
Service number: 75 ()
Effective date: 22 Jul 2019

Westy

How come a Streetlite, which I guess was delivered post withdrawal of said route, was able to display route 156 details?

I saw said vehicle at Aston Manor today, plus have a picture saying so!

Tony

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 15, 2019, 07:27:39 PM
It could have been programmed in specially for the event, the 156 (56) used to pass the Musuem.

I presume Rotala are the same as NX where you just add new routes when required to the file, but don't neccessarily delete the old ones at the same time. This allows you to update destinations before service changes avoiding the rush to do them on day 1. Old routes will then stay available if not deleted later. Any bus will get the same file including any old ones not deleted.

MW

The difference with Rotala & NX is that Rotala do not standardise on destination equipment. I'm sure there's different versions of Mobitec itself what with the different size destination boards. Then Hanover, Centrad etc. Then there's the one that the 2008 B7RLEs have, although most of them appear to have been changed to Hanover now. I can't remember the company name.

It's difficult to keep on top of them all down to all the variants which is why you more commonly have Rotala vehicles with incorrect/missing destinations.

What I don't understand is why they keep switching over on brand new buses. 32212-9 have Hanover. 32220 is Mobitec. 32301-32308 are Hanover, then 32309/10 are Mobitec. Surely the 16 plates should have been the same as their all built to order with their custom seating etc.

Then the latest batch are Mobitec. The dealer stock ones you can understand, but the ones actually built to order should surely have the same boards. Does it just come down to cost of the equipment at that given moment?

Michael Bevan

Diamond Centro 30816 has now been repainted into their new livery. Just came across it at Wilcox Refinishers in Brownhills, who allowed me to come in and get some photos.

willr7

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 16, 2019, 01:36:26 PM
Diamond Centro 30816 has now been repainted into their new livery. Just came across it at Wilcox Refinishers in Brownhills, who allowed me to come in and get some photos.

It seems odd that they have painted the glass panel above the door but not the panels above the passenger windows! 🤔 Just me being fussy, however it does look really good!

winston

PD0001374/446 Cancelled (Short notice)
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Stourbridge bus Station to Potters Cross, Kinver via Wollaston
Service number: 227 ()
Effective date: 01 Sep 2019

PD0001374/448 Registered (Short notice)
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Russells Hall Hospital to Potters Cross, Kinver via Merry Hill
Service number: 228 ()
Effective date: 09 Sep 2019

the trainbasher

Probably putting the 227 on the 228 registration

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

According to latest Routeone, another 6 standard Mellor Strata's were ordered for Diamond Bus @ Coach & Bus UK

MW

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2019, 12:16:26 AM
According to latest Routeone, another 6 standard Mellor Strata's were ordered for Diamond Bus @ Coach & Bus UK

The next order for proper buses should be interesting given what's going on with Wrightbus. Will Rotala finally bite the bullet and go ADL? Or will they go to alternatives such as Optare/MCV?

I suspect it'll be ADL. Makes far more sense parts wise!

metrocity

Quote from: MW on October 10, 2019, 03:38:14 AM
The next order for proper buses should be interesting given what's going on with Wrightbus. Will Rotala finally bite the bullet and go ADL? Or will they go to alternatives such as Optare/MCV?

I suspect it'll be ADL. Makes far more sense parts wise!
There is still a chance Wrightbus will find a buyer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk