News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie

Quote from: Steveminor on November 04, 2012, 12:45:05 PM
The 16 & 50 are both being operated by Blue Diamond @ Aston. The Versas @ Nifty Fifty centros have been transferred to Aston (well most of them at least)
As I have said before my contact @ Aston has said the 50s are taking an average of just £75 a day with the 16s taking less than that.
It does appear that Rotala are giving their unprofitable routs to Aston, maybe their operational costs are lower than Tividale

Or they are going to dispose of the operation

PM

Quote from: richie on November 04, 2012, 02:13:47 PM
The 16 & 50 are both being operated by Blue Diamond @ Aston. The Versas @ Nifty Fifty centros have been transferred to Aston (well most of them at least)
As I have said before my contact @ Aston has said the 50s are taking an average of just £75 a day with the 16s taking less than that.
It does appear that Rotala are giving their unprofitable routs to Aston, maybe their operational costs are lower than Tividale

Perhaps Richie tho that seems unlikely at the moment otherwise they wouldnt have sent good buses and theyd have transferred some of blue diamond's better buses back to black diamond.

richie

Quote from: Peter123 on November 04, 2012, 02:15:14 PM
Quote from: richie on November 04, 2012, 02:13:47 PM

Perhaps Richie tho that seems unlikely at the moment otherwise they wouldnt have sent good buses and theyd have transferred some of blue diamond's better buses back to black diamond.

True, I just can't understand why they continue to "compete" with nx on routes like the 50 and 16 if they arn't making anything

Ash

Some hybrids were still being used on the 4 at the end of the week noted 30133/30134 on there but could have gone to blue diamond now.

I think one of the reasons why the 16 and 50 dont do so well compared to some diamond services is the frequency of them is the 16 is every 12 minutes and the 50 every 15 minutes and NXWM offer a much more frequent service compared to other diamond services such as the 4/301 where diamond offers the same frequency as NXWM so on these services diamond get the stops just as often as NXWM hence more people buy return tickets or single fares as the passenger numbers are there. What im not sure is why do the 16 and 50 get some of the newest vehicles diamond has and some of the most popular services such as the 4 and 301 getting 10 year old cadets and even older darts.

PM

Quote from: Ash on November 04, 2012, 02:18:40 PM
Some hybrids were still being used on the 4 at the end of the week noted 30133/30134 on there but could have gone to blue diamond now.

I think one of the reasons why the 16 and 50 dont do so well compared to some diamond services is the frequency of them is the 16 is every 12 minutes and the 50 every 15 minutes and NXWM offer a much more frequent service compared to other diamond services such as the 4/301 where diamond offers the same frequency as NXWM so on these services diamond get the stops just as often as NXWM hence more people buy return tickets or single fares as the passenger numbers are there. What im not sure is why do the 16 and 50 get some of the newest vehicles diamond has and some of the most popular services such as the 4 and 301 getting 10 year old cadets and even older darts.

Totally agree with you ash. especially on the 50 the diamond ones just get trapped between two nxwms so never get many passengers. especially now theres green bus too. agree they should put darts and solos on tendered services or ones that dont do as well. Tho their profits must be high on services like the 4 if they use small buses that are always rammed.

John

Thomas Davies

30825 BX09 SRO Seen today, freshly painted (with no logos) operating on route 56.
Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

richie

Black diamond seem to turning into a modern day version of the Merry Hill mini's

Ash

30825 has been with blue diamond for a while and by the looks of it has returned back to black diamond. A centro was on the 4 yesterday with no blinds programmed for the service so a piece of paper with 4 on it has to do. With the 4/4H/4M having the highest PVR of any diamond services you would think this service would take priority to ensure all vehicles have it installed into their destination display to allow the buses to display the correct service as the 4 service uses any type of vehicle of diamonds.

Liberator9

Today on the S2, one of the Black Diamond 12 reg Versa hybrids was on! How come it was with Blue diamond today?

Ash

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 21, 2012, 07:25:00 PM
Today on the S2, one of the Black Diamond 12 reg Versa hybrids was on! How come it was with Blue diamond today?

All black diamonds hybrids have gone from black diamond to blue diamond along with service 16 with the nifty fifty centro's also transferring to be used on the 50.

Ash

There was a dart on the 40 today but had a registration beginning with YG or YU and was one of the shorter darts not sure where this bus has come from.

Ash

Has anybody saw 30202 or 30431 recently not seen them in service for a while wondered if they have been involved in an accident or withdrawn.

Tony

Ash

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2012, 09:00:05 AM
The ex Preston Solos haven't stayed long!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/8233031363

Tony

I guess they have been replaced by the newer 57 reg solo's. Shame as they seemed better than the 03 reg solo's they currently have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk