News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD12

Tony

Will

Stourbridge   125

the trainbasher

Judgement day for diamond tomorrow (if they haven't got it postponed)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 29, 2016, 09:28:50 PM
Judgement day for diamond tomorrow (if they haven't got it postponed)

Think it's the same article as Redditch Advertiser already posted, the article also quotes that Diamond have applied for an additional license for expanded services in the WM, I assume in relation to new Tividale depot. 
https://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/diamond-bus-in-the-dock-over-its-services-in-worcestershire-warwickshire-and-the-west-midlands/

the trainbasher

Anyone been to the PI if it was on and if so how interesting was it

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Adam 404

On Facebook, it appears that YJ07JRO got stuck in a grass verge at a junction while running the S77 service.

Will

Did anyone from off here go the Public Enquiry yesterday (30/11) I have been searching Google for any outcome/results but to no avail ::)  @Tony have you heard or read anything?
Stourbridge   125

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Will on December 01, 2016, 01:02:36 AM
Did anyone from off here go the Public Enquiry yesterday (30/11) I have been searching Google for any outcome/results but to no avail ::)  @Tony have you heard or read anything?

All depends if any journalists bothered to trek into Birmingham to attend the inquiry.  Otherwise, the decision will be in Notices and Proceedings (the VOSA publication) in the next couple of weeks.

hartshill busman 724210

Would expect it to be featured in Route One bus Mag as they do a section on Pi`s weekly.(If any decision was reached of course)

the trainbasher

Todays N&P

Public Inquiry (72511) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 30 November 2016 commencing at 10:00 hours (Previous Publication:(2265)) (Moved from 6 September 2016).   
PD0001374 SN
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Director(s): SIMON LEE DUNN, ANTHONY CHARLES GOOZEE, KIM TAYLOR
HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW   

PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
S111 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 111  (The Transport Act 1985)

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2016, 12:07:05 AM
Todays N&P

Public Inquiry (72511) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 30 November 2016 commencing at 10:00 hours (Previous Publication:(2265)) (Moved from 6 September 2016).   
PD0001374 SN
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Director(s): SIMON LEE DUNN, ANTHONY CHARLES GOOZEE, KIM TAYLOR
HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW   
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
S111 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 111  (The Transport Act 1985)

The Traffic Commissioner has not made a decision, because of the level of detail and evidence and will advice in due course.

A couple of facts on Maintenance and timekeeping

1.  Maintenance - No further action recommended by DVSA
2.  Timeliness - Initial compliancy - 81%  Rotala then put forward reasonable excuse accounting for a further 10%.  then provided evidence of compliancy today as the Monitoring exercise was 12 months old, which was 92.69%  They also provided information about the rest of the West Midlands Market which was given from a TfWM report, which outlined this at just under 81%.

The Traffic Commissioner will publish his report in due course.

the trainbasher

Maintenance - No further action.

How much did diamond management pay for the TC to say that!

The maintenance of their buses make Hi-Ride look professional

Timeliness - Initial compliancy - 81%  Rotala then put forward reasonable excuse accounting for a further 10%.  then provided evidence of compliancy today as the Monitoring exercise was 12 months old, which was 92.69%  They also provided information about the rest of the West Midlands Market which was given from a TfWM report, which outlined this at just under 81%.

All I have to say to diamond about that is Unfortunately, although the answer was indeed clear, simple and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning to it the fourth of the epithets you applied to the statement inasmuch as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated is such as to cause epistemological problems of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.

Comments censored as not to upset Diamond, even though I am entitled to an opinion!

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2016, 05:44:25 PM
The Traffic Commissioner has not made a decision, because of the level of detail and evidence and will advice in due course.

A couple of facts on Maintenance and timekeeping

1.  Maintenance - No further action recommended by DVSA
2.  Timeliness - Initial compliancy - 81%  Rotala then put forward reasonable excuse accounting for a further 10%.  then provided evidence of compliancy today as the Monitoring exercise was 12 months old, which was 92.69%  They also provided information about the rest of the West Midlands Market which was given from a TfWM report, which outlined this at just under 81%.

The Traffic Commissioner will publish his report in due course.
would they look at how many buses have cought fire recently in such a short period?

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on December 02, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
would they look at how many buses have cought fire recently in such a short period?

The chap from TfWM told me that this PI only considered evidence up to the end of 2015, so no

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk