News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

20233 or could of been 20223 but doubt it as its already in blue diamond livery now in use with black diamond from blue diamond and refurbed and repainted seen on the 404E, also 20525 also on the 404E in red diamond livery.

vinh1000

Quote from: Ash on October 13, 2012, 06:25:08 PM
I wonder if those signature passes are very popular similar to the london oyster card, does anyone on the forum use the card for the signature services?
never seen anyone use it everytime been on
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

bwsau cymru

Ive seen the signature card being used a couple of times but I honestly feel it was a pointpess exercise and the network you can use it on is too small and now is even shrinking!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

At least on the new 4H service today there were no solos but did see a solo on the new 226W, diamond seem to have an issue with their destination blinds on the front as some of them were not programmed for the new services with paper up the windows or services like the 226 showing Dudley instead of West Bromwich even though it was in West Bromwich bus station.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Ash on October 28, 2012, 07:59:33 PM
At least on the new 4H service today there were no solos but did see a solo on the new 226W, diamond seem to have an issue with their destination blinds on the front as some of them were not programmed for the new services with paper up the windows or services like the 226 showing Dudley instead of West Bromwich even though it was in West Bromwich bus station.

And dont get me started on having to catch 20540 on the 1715 226 (not displaying the W West Bromwich on the blinds but Dudley)! Standing Room Only!

adam 21

i dont thinking diamond did a good job to day in west brom  they was no stop with a timetable for the 226w the 19 came in as the 419  and people had to ask  the 54a came in saying 54 saying smethwick not west brom apart from that i had a good day in west brom

Ash

I struggled to see any centro (network west midlands) advisors in West Bromwich bus station today thankfully NX had some inspectors saying talk to me about the new services and were helping passengers,  nearly every passenger looked confused in the bus station today and was just saying to the drivers is this the old 404 or the old 238. On the screen on stand B its shows the 4H and 4M of diamond to stop there and share with NXWM instead of having their on stop on stand C. I remeber when the North Walsall review took place their were quite a few centro helpers telling everybody about the changes and were to board their buses and which services they need to get to their destination of which i didnt see any when i was at the bus station. Yeah when i saw the 226W in West Bromwich today it stopped at two different stops to unload at either ends of the bus station.

winston

Quote from: adam 21 on October 28, 2012, 08:31:48 PM
i dont thinking diamond did a good job to day in west brom  they was no stop with a timetable for the 226w the 19 came in as the 419  and people had to ask  the 54a came in saying 54 saying smethwick not west brom apart from that i had a good day in west brom

It's not as thought Diamond haven't had enough notice of the route changes, with all of Diamonds fleet having LED destinations it's a relatively easy exercise to re-program all or just the buses that were due out this morning as priority

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 28, 2012, 08:54:30 PM

It's not as thought Diamond haven't had enough notice of the route changes, with all of Diamonds fleet having LED destinations it's a relatively easy exercise to re-program all or just the buses that were due out this morning as priority

Because every service number was changing it was even easier. You could add the new routes on a week in advance like NXWM did, and there is no rush to delete the old ones. When route numbers stay the same, but the terminii change then it is a bit harder, and I have been in Walsall garage changing everything at 4am on a Sunday.

This one should not have caused any operator any trouble at all, for instance 226 could have been left as Dudley and 226W added showing West Bromwich at any point in time before today

Tomjusttom

Wonder if the 240 is already in Diamonds blinds?? Or Will it be a piece of paper job?

I'll find out on the way to work tomorrow!

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2012, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 28, 2012, 08:54:30 PM

Because every service number was changing it was even easier. You could add the new routes on a week in advance like NXWM did, and there is no rush to delete the old ones. When route numbers stay the same, but the terminii change then it is a bit harder, and I have been in Walsall garage changing everything at 4am on a Sunday.

This one should not have caused any operator any trouble at all, for instance 226 could have been left as Dudley and 226W added showing West Bromwich at any point in time before today

Tony, as you've said yourself before that to update the electronic destination software the new file can be downloaded via a flash drive/laptop & takes 5 mins per vehicle to update. Diamond could have updated the master file weeks ago.... & someone could have updated the destinations of buses due out this morning late last night or early the morning & done the rest during the course of today.

Ash

I didnt see any solos on any 4/4H or 4M service just the red and white darts, red diamond darts and the cadets. Does any one know where the centros have gone now im guessing on the 16 or the 301 and is the tight turn in Caldmore the reason their still not being used on the 4H.

Tomjusttom

The 16 and 50 are at blue diamond now apparently.

One of the Swift Darts has adverts on the displays for a £2 Day Return

Ash

Well i know one of the nifty fifty centros was on the 40 today. Thought they werent suppose to pass over until the beginning of December.

Steveminor

Although the registration says the 16 & 50 transfer to Blue Diamond in December, the reality is that it happened @ the beginning of this week.
With many contacts @ blue diamond their takings on the 50 are terrible (around £75 a day)
With the 16 takings not much better.
With revenue like that one has to wonder how long diamond will keep these services

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk