News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

New Service 16W from 29th May 2015

West Bromwich - Birmingham

Page Number 14.

Kevin

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 18, 2016, 07:20:42 PM
New Service 16W from 29th May 2015

West Bromwich - Birmingham

Page Number 14.

Bit of a compete against the 46 then? Hmmm interesting
I remember one point when Diamonds 16s went just beyond the Green Lane terminus to the Newton Road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

what was 32309 streetlite doing at merry hill when they are for the 4 service pic on my flicr site

the trainbasher

One trip goes onto the 255 I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

The 16 reg streetlite was at merry hill 16. 45 parked up bit early for 255 unless was having on  226

Trident 4609

Quote from: Solo1 on April 24, 2016, 04:51:16 AM
The 16 reg streetlite was at merry hill 16. 45 parked up bit early for 255 unless was having on  226

Or 002....

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

It's good to see Diamond back on a stronger patch, this is more the kind of expansion with drivers being required seen in 2009. The thing is, a new depot wouldn't have been bought and drivers required if they intended to just stay as they are. I'd reckon with Swift opening up the market, competition could soon be easier with people having more flexibility between operators. There are a lot of opportinities in the Black Country market in particular, I doubt much of the expansion will come in the Birmingham area where NX have the market sewn up.

It'll be interesting to see where expansion comes, 16W is one example but I assume it'll be a combination of tendered and commercial. You never know, Arriva might want out of Wednesfield following discussions in Burton. That would add circa 50 buses, Hansons is about half the size but with some more tempting routes than the likes of the 10/19. I guess Arriva's Wednesfield op could bring with it the decently used 35 and many of the Black Country's tendered bus routes which could work off Diamond daytime work and could be a springboard to competing routes on corridors they'd gain presence on through tendered work.

j789

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 03, 2016, 01:50:33 PM
It'll be interesting to see where expansion comes, 16W is one example but I assume it'll be a combination of tendered and commercial. You never know, Arriva might want out of Wednesfield following discussions in Burton. That would add circa 50 buses, Hansons is about half the size but with some more tempting routes than the likes of the 10/19. I guess Arriva's Wednesfield op could bring with it the decently used 35 and many of the Black Country's tendered bus routes which could work off Diamond daytime work and could be a springboard to competing routes on corridors they'd gain presence on through tendered work.

Didn't Diamond, or its original companies operate quite a number of those tendered services previously and which can't exactly have been massively profitable? My own view is that tendered work is a very risky business model these days because of continuous local authority cuts and any company basing significant portions of their business on that are on dodgy ground long term. There is one other company in the West Mids, in particular, who seem to undercut most others to get a lot of tendered work but who are at most risk should services be cut back or abandoned. I think Diamond would be better off focusing on commercial routes rather than trying to plan any large scale expansion taking over tendered work, particularly as there is a shortage of quality bus drivers out there as I'm sure most bus companies would agree with.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2206 on May 03, 2016, 09:45:40 PM
That says they run a service between Merry Hill Shopping Centre and Birmingham though they don't operate one.

Assuming they mean the 002 which serves Weoley Castle (ok, in the Birmingham Borough but tbh don't expect much from the Express & Lies when it comes to articles about bus services)

Trident 4609

PD0001374/35 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between WEST BROMWICH BUS STATION and WEDNESBURY BUS STATION given service number 40 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0001374/153 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between West Bromwich, Bus Station and Walsall, Bradford Place given service number 4/4H/4M effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable

PD0001374/255 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Bromsgrove and Halesowen given service number 202/204 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

5. PD0001374/259 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Merry Hill Centre and Weoley Castle given service number 002 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

6. PD0001374/349 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Solihull Train Station and Solihull Train Station given service number S11 effective from 24-Jul-2016.

7. PD0001374/350 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Solihull Train Station and Solihull Train Station given service number S15 effective from 24-Jul-2016.

8. PD0001374/397 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Kidderminster Bus Station
Finish Point: Stourbridge Bus Station
Via:
Service Number: 25
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-JUL-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank holidays

Solo1

Wonder what the 25 service is as central buses run to bridgenorth is it that busy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk