News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomf1993

VOSA wont be withdrawing due to lowest passenger use, more like poor vehicle conditions

Anyway I get on a Blackenal Church to Walsall no one else ever gets on only OAP which have free passes, but most of the time its just me on board, or some boy in a green Hi Vis who stays with a driver for the whole day
!

winston

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 05:31:47 PM
VOSA wont be withdrawing due to lowest passenger use, more like poor vehicle conditions

Anyway I get on a Blackenal Church to Walsall no one else ever gets on only OAP which have free passes, but most of the time its just me on board, or some boy in a green Hi Vis who stays with a driver for the whole day

Hope you can substantiate the above comments.

Tomf1993

I think comments from that guy who is on here who used to work for them is enough said.

One possible reason for why Diamonds 29 is quieter than the NXWM 29 may be because a lot of passengers in the West Midlands have NXWM bus passes.
@Tomf1993
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BU07 LGO

tbh I catch the diamond 301 or 302 down to the bus station if they stop for me and some get decent loads but they all seem spotless and usualkly a decent bus like b7rle. They don't seem as bad as tom is making them out to be. Cant speak for the 29 though.

Solo1

1. PD0001374/360 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sutton Coldfield, Lower Parade and Erdington, High Street given service number 15A effective from 24-Apr-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

2. PD0001374/396 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Perry Barr One Stop
Finish Point: Perry barr One Stop
Via: Aston, Six Ways
Service Number: 68A
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-APR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, except bank holidays.

winston

I assume the 15A is the current 66A tendered journey's, the 68A appears to be a new service (commercial?)

Adam 404

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2016, 03:52:54 PM
I assume the 15A is the current 66A tendered journey's, the 68A appears to be a new service (commercial?)
http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B068A/?timetable[day]=&tab= Starts at Perry Barr the NX68A & Finishes there to!

winston

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 08, 2016, 03:58:34 PM
http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B068A/?timetable[day]=&tab= Starts at Perry Barr the NX68A & Finishes there to!

I'd expect there to be a 68C as well still to show on VOSA, otherwise we'll have another Social Travel Outer Circle example

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2016, 04:30:12 PM
I'd expect there to be a 68C as well still to show on VOSA, otherwise we'll have another Social Travel Outer Circle example

Unless NX are getting rid of the 68A/C? It can't be one of their big hitters and seems a very unlikely choice of commercial route for Diamond.

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 08, 2016, 04:35:43 PM
Unless NX are getting rid of the 68A/C? It can't be one of their big hitters and seems a very unlikely choice of commercial route for Diamond.

Possible? I think the 68A/C was introduced commercially by NX, so either a replacement or competing service

Tony

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 08, 2016, 04:43:14 PM
68 is tendered

Fair enough, I thought NX had re-introduced it commercially on the back of the original North B'ham Circular 68A/C still being missed

PM

I guess other Centro tendered service and potential commercial changes may start to appear online with the 24th April date coming up.

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on March 08, 2016, 04:48:08 PM
Fair enough, I thought NX had re-introduced it commercially on the back of the original North B'ham Circular 68A/C still being missed

No connection between the two beyond the service numbers. Current 68 is just the Perry Barr - Aston service once part of the 123 (or even 440 if you go back far enough).
The 15A/C I suppose could be considered close to the old north brum circle
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk