News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Will on January 15, 2016, 08:02:10 PM
obviously it's as was reported i.e. it's been reverted back to what it was originally oh dear...

Considering the route change isn't due until 21st Feb, I doubt it

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 15, 2016, 08:56:16 PM
How on earth could that possibly be the case? Bus routes don't change overnight without warning!

There are a couple of trips in the morning that only run to Halesowen
it's been a while....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Will on January 15, 2016, 08:02:10 PM
obviously it's as was reported i.e. it's been reverted back to what it was originally oh dear...

Most drivers just use Halesowen, as no one uses it to worlds end!

sonic84

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 16, 2016, 09:16:46 AM
Most drivers just use Halesowen, as no one uses it to worlds end!

Think that was always going to be the case that the extension wasn't going to be used.

Will

Quote from: Tomf1993 on January 17, 2016, 08:45:10 PM
Cheers @Tony  always helpful. Looked at their garage on google maps other day, did not see a wash, I see they have two yards like Diamond does at Tividale.

Actually @Tomf1993 Diamond only have the one yard at Tivi now which is the main one the yard they used to have was/is owned by a woman who from what I'm led to believe 'evicted' them off it as she wanted it back to use for something else how true/accurate that is I'm unaware but that is what I was told
Stourbridge   125

Tomf1993

I see, thanks mate, I the second site I referred to was that car park across the road.

Will

Quote from: Tomf1993 on January 17, 2016, 09:09:58 PM
I see, thanks mate, I the second site I referred to was that car park across the road.

Yeah that's the one
Stourbridge   125

PM

Quote from: Will on January 17, 2016, 09:07:53 PM
Actually @Tomf1993 Diamond only have the one yard at Tivi now which is the main one the yard they used to have was/is owned by a woman who from what I'm led to believe 'evicted' them off it as she wanted it back to use for something else how true/accurate that is I'm unaware but that is what I was told

Nope, there are two yards, Y HWJ dart certainly was parked across on the other yard recently

Will

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 17, 2016, 09:11:45 PM
Nope, there are two yards, Y HWJ dart certainly was parked across on the other yard recently

Oh  ::) they must of obtained another well if that's the case why have all the scrap buses come to KD if they have a dead yard at Tividale.....oh the wonders of Diamond the mind boggles
Stourbridge   125

Tomf1993

winston

Quote from: Will on January 17, 2016, 09:07:53 PM

No women will be evicting Rotala from the yard on the other side of the road from the main Tividale depot, as they own it! In fact they've acquired the whole site including office block:

http://announce.ft.com/Detail/?DocKey=1323-12625237-61S44RE5BKFOFLBOIP2SSGS058

Tomf1993

Why have two sites, drivers gotta walk all away around to get the buses from the car park, seems odd thats 10 mins walk it is, unless they put a hole through the main depot fence so they can just cross over.

PM

Quote from: Tomf1993 on January 17, 2016, 10:33:33 PM
Why have two sites, drivers gotta walk all away around to get the buses from the car park, seems odd thats 10 mins walk it is, unless they put a hole through the main depot fence so they can just cross over.

If that walk took you 10 mins I doubt you'd be a bus driver! :p Plus vehicles operate at the moment from Hallbridge Way

Will

Quote from: Winston on January 17, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
No women will be evicting Rotala from the yard on the other side of the road from the main Tividale depot, as they own it! In fact they've acquired the whole site including office block:

http://announce.ft.com/Detail/?DocKey=1323-12625237-61S44RE5BKFOFLBOIP2SSGS058

Well they never used to own it!
Stourbridge   125

Tomf1993

Lol , drivers have to walk around Hallbridge Way, then Tipton Road to John's Lane to get some buses, atleast 5 - 10 mins walk that is, so that is 10 mins calculated into their duty time. All the buses do not run from Hallbridge Way as that yard cant hold all the buses, half get parked in the car park mate. Also why are some buses red, blue and black? Why not just have one colour and have a nice branded system in place, with plenty off publicity etc I know more people use the 29 301 302 compared to the TWM one as its just a 2 pound return, very good price.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk