News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

I dont think rotalw could afford to standardise there fleet with scanias or mercs (but would be nice). I quite like the versas they have really comfortable and there centros are really good too! But sadly they seem to be buying really bad old solos the 02 reg ones they got were terrible. Plus they need to stop putting solos on 404 there too small, how can a route go from having full size buses to mini ones? Mad! Least they seem to make a bit of effort with buying a large amount of centros and mcvs but the latter going almost as quick ad they came. Hope they stick with buying 'new'!!! Optares and not buying the opd rubbish from everyone else!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

I think the solo's have been put on the 404E because of Caldmore and the tight turn there and the amount of traffic around there thats why the royale centros were taken off the service when the mcv's left and were put on the 417 instead.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Ash on October 04, 2012, 10:00:57 PM
I think the solo's have been put on the 404E because of Caldmore and the tight turn there and the amount of traffic around there thats why the royale centros were taken off the service when the mcv's left and were put on the 417 instead.

How do nxwm use full size buses? And origanally the full size the 002 was on the 404. I think the versas are ideal size for 404 what others think?
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

How do nxwm use full size buses? And origanally the full size the 002 was on the 404. I think the versas are ideal size for 404 what others think?
[/quote]

Yeah and the mcv's were larger vehicles that were used on the 404E but that just what i heard on the forum a while back now, the versa's would be ideal on the 404E but the cadets seem the most suitable and as the PVR is 8 theres enough of them to go solely that vehicle type.

Ash

Although the 59 is being withdrawn i wonder if Black diamond will gain any more buses for the new services it seems to have picked up in the sandwell review possibly from blue diamond or just buses aquired from other bus companies, did see some enviro 200's parked up in another livery bus thats not rotala at long acre presumably for down south.

Liberator9

Would it surprise anyone if I said one of the Signature Versas which now seems to work the 7:35 S2 from Dorridge and then S3s has got a dead destination display. It has been blank now for the last few days; a testament to Optare's quality.

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 08, 2012, 07:48:47 PM
Would it surprise anyone if I said one of the Signature Versas which now seems to work the 7:35 S2 from Dorridge and then S3s has got a dead destination display. It has been blank now for the last few days; a testament to Optare's quality.

Not really - Optare don't make destination displays

PS: 30825 on the 97A today http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/30825.html

Ash

centro 30704 was on the X30 today which normally sees 30825 so guess thats why if it was on the 97A, does anyone know why this is on loan and how long its going to be on loan for?

Liberator9

Read a new article yesterday on the S2 and S3 and it is going to be reviewed before the new contract starts in September 2013. There have been complaints of buses failing to turn up, late and breaking down (explains the solo srs sounding worse and worse). I wouldn't be sorry to see Diamond go off this and many other passengers agree; they never compliment the route and it isn't reliable. I hope NXWM could get it back and we get some of the Scanias or some company such as Silverline win it. The timetable needs a overhaul to allow time for late running. At the moment the S3 comes into Solihull at 12 and 42, and has to leave by then. No chance with the traffic down the Warick Road.

PM

Unfair to blame diamond if the timetables are too tight-set by centro!!! But rotala have tried hard with the signature routes with good buses etc-just the shame they bought optare buses that dont last!! Claribels, Silverline etc would probably run the routes well-just no one tell VIP the contracts are up for grabs!! :-X

Liberator9

Diamond have done well for the quality of buses; but Claribels would be a good operator too, very reliable and has a great fleet.

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 13, 2012, 08:16:20 AM
Read a new article yesterday on the S2 and S3 and it is going to be reviewed before the new contract starts in September 2013. There have been complaints of buses failing to turn up, late and breaking down (explains the solo srs sounding worse and worse). I wouldn't be sorry to see Diamond go off this and many other passengers agree; they never compliment the route and it isn't reliable. I hope NXWM could get it back and we get some of the Scanias or some company such as Silverline win it. The timetable needs a overhaul to allow time for late running. At the moment the S3 comes into Solihull at 12 and 42, and has to leave by then. No chance with the traffic down the Warick Road.

I doubt NXWM would be interested in taking them back, as the reason they became Centro tendered is that NXWM told Centro they weren't commercially viable.

Blue Diamond probably just need to work with Centro to revise the timetables and running times if thats the issue, the S3 was more unreliable when operated by NXWM as there was no recovery time when the buses had to do the 30 route to Acocks Green also!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on October 13, 2012, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on October 13, 2012, 08:16:20 AM

I doubt NXWM would be interested in taking them back, as the reason they became Centro tendered is that NXWM told Centro they weren't commercially viable.

Blue Diamond probably just need to work with Centro to revise the timetables and running times if thats the issue, the S3 was more unreliable when operated by NXWM as there was no recovery time when the buses had to do the 30 route to Acocks Green also!

There would be nothing stopping NXWM tendering for the S2/S3, with the subsidy from Centro surely they could now potentially be profitable

Ash

I wonder if those signature passes are very popular similar to the london oyster card, does anyone on the forum use the card for the signature services?

Martin

I see that you have put down for the 2nd of October that 30521 (W448DOP) has been withdrawn & sold. But since that date i have seen it quite often on the 410 Tony.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk