News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

The bus that does the 2005 off Halesowen to a merry Hill now does the 2200 243 off Merry Hill

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

How long has 30813 been at Tividale  for

winston

Trident 4609

30941 on the 25A/C tonight. Seen parked up on Wednesfield High St at 21:39

tphi12000

Wessex B7 30937 BK 13 NZN was parked at Long acre this afternoon.

Tony

don

Quote from: Ced on December 13, 2014, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: don on December 13, 2014, 01:09:27 PM
Can some of you guys in the know explain what's going on in Kidderminster? I was there on Wednesday and made a slightly more concerted effort to see some buses than last time. In the bus station I saw quite a few Whittles vehicles passing through and parked up - saw a handful of blue diamonds and even an Arriva mini Dart (packed with people). Then I saw the thread and website saying EYMS were selling/ have sold parts of the operation.

The bus station only looks part used for service stops. Driving around I saw several whittles vehicles but couldn't help noticing lots of stop poles with no signs.

Altogether a rather confusing look for an outsider. Presumably operating bus services there is not greatly profitable.
Basical only whittles and arriava  and diamond long distance services and a small firm R &B travel, and a service run by the local dial a ride
and why there are stops with no flags on  only half the stand are in use,   and vehicles park up there it is something that happened in firsts days
not quite sure what , I do have a idea but not even 50% sure so I will not say, the main terminus is jus down the road by the town hall , where there is redevelopment  work for the town should be starting in January, and with whittles closing   at the end of the year (early January) things may change
in the bus  station   because all the whittles services will be operated by other operators who may use the town hall.  hope that helps  do not know about being confusing for a outsider it is confusing for locals as well   everything with the sale not quite complete I think
Cheers for that. Bus deregulation and government cuts seem to be playing a big part (mentioned on Whittles' web site) - I will keep watching this space.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Solo1

Quote from: John on December 03, 2014, 04:48:38 PM
30813 (FJ57 CYW) now in service at Tividale on the 4, if it has not already been mentioned
her us the bus on the 4 https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15877880008/

PM

Losing track of the number of b7rle's being moved into Tividale!

30862 has now moved over, presumably 30858 has as well, following the entry into service of at least some of the e300's and 04 eclipses at Redditch.

Interesting that RH seems to be keeping the repainted ones, like 30860 which hasn't transferred over yet as it was on the 146 today. Possibly 30858/30862 instead?

Wonder if any more will move over?

the trainbasher

Diamond from what I've heard have got a major staff shortage at Tividale. I've seen over the last couple of Saturdays 226 rota drivers covering turns on the 002/4H/243 and having to do quite a bit of extra runs

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 20, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Diamond from what I've heard have got a major staff shortage at Tividale. I've seen over the last couple of Saturdays 226 rota drivers covering turns on the 002/4H/243 and having to do quite a bit of extra runs

No doubt a lot of companies are finding it at this time of the year! I have noticed drivers off usual rotas though, particularly being put onto the 302. Also seen a fair few drivers without uniforms who must be new and a couple of old 002 drivers are now with Hansons.

the trainbasher

The 302 and 301 are on the same rota as the  282, 80 and 124 I believe

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 20, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Drivers I've seen usually do 401e and 002 that are on there. 4/4H seems to have regular drivers on there and most 002 runs have regular drivers.

Have we worked out which bus is working out of KR onto the 002 each day or does it change?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 20, 2014, 08:36:56 PM

Drivers I've seen usually do 401e and 002 that are on there. 4/4H seems to have regular drivers on there and most 002 runs have regular drivers.

Have we worked out which bus is working out of KR onto the 002 each day or does it change?

Rob, I know the answer to that the vehicle that goes out of Kidderminster every morning is not the same one that comes back as the one that goes from Kidderminster returns  to Tividale and that bus that goes from Tividale in a morning goes to Kidderminster as they interchange each day.

PM

Quote from: Will on December 20, 2014, 08:43:13 PM

Rob, I know the answer to that the vehicle that goes out of Kidderminster every morning is not the same one that comes back as the one that goes from Kidderminster returns  to Tividale and that bus that goes from Tividale in a morning goes to Kidderminster as they interchange each day.

Cheers Will! I wondered if that was the case, especially as then TE could do the majority of the maintenance of types KR don't operate.

Wonder why they even do that?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 20, 2014, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: Will on December 20, 2014, 08:43:13 PM

Cheers Will! I wondered if that was the case, especially as then TE could do the majority of the maintenance of types KR don't operate.

Wonder why they even do that?

Well you know what Diamond are like 😛

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk