News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 04, 2014, 01:16:37 AM
Interesting fleet changes for this month...

Good to see some 8 vehicles acquired-6 b7rle's, 2 e300's and also 7 scrappers sold.

Kidderminster depot must be a bit emptier now that these are gone, as several of these were latterly being stored there.

Is it really "Dunn Line" if they even still exist that have acquired them though? Surely they have been sold for scrap to a South Yorkshire firm:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/15163577696

And https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/14494912673

Which has been there since at least November 2013.

Haven't the vehicles acquired come from a totally unrelated company-Yourbus-or Dunn Motor Traction Ltd as well?

Yes, that's me typing that late last night. They have passed to Your Bus

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2014, 08:16:37 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 04, 2014, 01:16:37 AM
Interesting fleet changes for this month...

Good to see some 8 vehicles acquired-6 b7rle's, 2 e300's and also 7 scrappers sold.

Kidderminster depot must be a bit emptier now that these are gone, as several of these were latterly being stored there.

Is it really "Dunn Line" if they even still exist that have acquired them though? Surely they have been sold for scrap to a South Yorkshire firm:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/15163577696

And https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/14494912673

Which has been there since at least November 2013.

Haven't the vehicles acquired come from a totally unrelated company-Yourbus-or Dunn Motor Traction Ltd as well?

Yes, that's me typing that late last night. They have passed to Your Bus
the could have done or are still to come may sold to dunn-line then to diamond  . from a certain local  who have about that many ? that the will not be needing soon.
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Am I thinking correct that those Darts 20656 (V656 HEC); 31495 (S405 TMB); 30378 (S378 TMB) will be re-entering service somewhere?? If that is the case I say fair play at least they'm not being turned into coke cans if they are re-entering service somewhere it is a shame that they couldn't of been done up and entered service at Kiddy rather than elsewhere.

winston

Quote from: Will on December 04, 2014, 02:52:45 PM
Am I thinking correct that those Darts 20656 (V656 HEC); 31495 (S405 TMB); 30378 (S378 TMB) will be re-entering service somewhere?? If that is the case I say fair play at least they'm not being turned into coke cans if they are re-entering service somewhere it is a shame that they couldn't of been done up and entered service at Kiddy rather than elsewhere.

they certainly wont be with Yourbus, their fleet is made up of Citaro's from new these days.

bususer12

A KS03 solo just gone past russells hall hospital with the front panel missing under the windscreen, whilst not in service

the trainbasher

A couple of diamonds on the 226 are not in service

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hartshill busman 724210

Trident 4194

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 06, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

How are they not in service and yet on the 226?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2014, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 06, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

How are they not in service and yet on the 226?

They were running round the 226 route and knocking themselves out of service at various points (yet running along the route empty)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Metrorider

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 07, 2014, 10:35:20 PM

They were running round the 226 route and knocking themselves out of service at various points (yet running along the route empty)

Seems to be normal for diamond on the 226 at the moment, 1 driver in particular loves driving it round with "sorry not in service" on the front.
Paul.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Metrorider on December 08, 2014, 08:58:37 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 07, 2014, 10:35:20 PM

Seems to be normal for diamond on the 226 at the moment, 1 driver in particular loves driving it round with "sorry not in service" on the front.

And some like coming into Brierley Hill with the mobitecs showing the 108 and turning empty in the peaks via the High Street :-)

winston

W573JVV was working the 42C today in West Bromwich, so that's either still there or back at Tividale.

don

Can some of you guys in the know explain what's going on in Kidderminster? I was there on Wednesday and made a slightly more concerted effort to see some buses than last time. In the bus station I saw quite a few Whittles vehicles passing through and parked up - saw a handful of blue diamonds and even an Arriva mini Dart (packed with people). Then I saw the thread and website saying EYMS were selling/ have sold parts of the operation.

The bus station only looks part used for service stops. Driving around I saw several whittles vehicles but couldn't help noticing lots of stop poles with no signs.

Altogether a rather confusing look for an outsider. Presumably operating bus services there is not greatly profitable.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Cedric

Quote from: don on December 13, 2014, 01:09:27 PM
Can some of you guys in the know explain what's going on in Kidderminster? I was there on Wednesday and made a slightly more concerted effort to see some buses than last time. In the bus station I saw quite a few Whittles vehicles passing through and parked up - saw a handful of blue diamonds and even an Arriva mini Dart (packed with people). Then I saw the thread and website saying EYMS were selling/ have sold parts of the operation.

The bus station only looks part used for service stops. Driving around I saw several whittles vehicles but couldn't help noticing lots of stop poles with no signs.

Altogether a rather confusing look for an outsider. Presumably operating bus services there is not greatly profitable.
Basical only whittles and arriava  and diamond long distance services and a small firm R &B travel, and a service run by the local dial a ride
and why there are stops with no flags on  only half the stand are in use,   and vehicles park up there it is something that happened in firsts days
not quite sure what , I do have a idea but not even 50% sure so I will not say, the main terminus is jus down the road by the town hall , where there is redevelopment  work for the town should be starting in January, and with whittles closing   at the end of the year (early January) things may change
in the bus  station   because all the whittles services will be operated by other operators who may use the town hall.  hope that helps  do not know about being confusing for a outsider it is confusing for locals as well   everything with the sale not quite complete I think
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk