News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Will on November 15, 2014, 08:49:43 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2014, 08:44:58 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 15, 2014, 05:27:02 PM
806 was being driven by a rotala inspector

1) Rotala have inspectors?
2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Yes they certainly do they have got one in Redditch and one in Kidderminster the latter one (Kidder) he's bit of a "[blank]" (word I'm not even saying on here - I do believe there are Rotala management staff on this forum hence why I am saying nout!)

Bit of a.... Plank? Haha, always liked a game of Blankety Blank.

Thanks for the info, didn't realise they had inspectors.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2014, 09:02:49 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Yes they certainly do they have got one in Redditch and one in Kidderminster the latter one (Kidder) he's bit of a "[blank]" (word I'm not even saying on here - I do believe there are Rotala management staff on this forum hence why I am saying nout!)

Well not quite the word I was going to use but as there's Diamond mangement "geestapo" watching this forum I have bite my tongue

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Will on November 15, 2014, 09:06:05 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Well not quite the word I was going to use but as there's Diamond mangement "geestapo" watching this forum I have bite my tongue

I get what you're driving at. Best to keep it on the quiet.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

don

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Yes they certainly do they have got one in Redditch and one in Kidderminster the latter one (Kidder) he's well I'm not even saying on here as I do believe there are Rotala management staff on this forum unfortunately hence why I am saying nothing..

Diamond have buses in Kidderminster???!!! When did this happen - I was there for four hours on Friday and didn't see any buses at all. Let alone inspectors!! Perhaps I didn't travel on the roads they serve!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on November 16, 2014, 08:53:02 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Yes they certainly do they have got one in Redditch and one in Kidderminster the latter one (Kidder) he's well I'm not even saying on here as I do believe there are Rotala management staff on this forum unfortunately hence why I am saying nothing..

Diamond have buses in Kidderminster???!!! When did this happen - I was there for four hours on Friday and didn't see any buses at all. Let alone inspectors!! Perhaps I didn't travel on the roads they serve!!

2 years ago come March 2015, they bought First Wyvern's Redditch & Kidderminster operations off First, have a garage & the largest fleet in the town??? Where were you standing?

Solo1

if u stand on the corner over the road from Tesco u will c buses going to the bus station & others will turn up the road by the library I saw loads when I was there a while back   https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/14024366014/in/set-72157629374012447   bus station is behind me road to the left is where they use in Kidderminster hope that helps

Trident 4194

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Rotala inspector driving 142, what a rude person he is lol

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 17, 2014, 04:29:17 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Rotala inspector driving 142, what a rude person he is lol

Fat bloke? Wears his ID card on his tie? Yeah that's Neil I can't stand him

don

Quote from: Winston on November 16, 2014, 09:10:36 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

2 years ago come March 2015, they bought First Wyvern's Redditch & Kidderminster operations off First, have a garage & the largest fleet in the town??? Where were you standing?

I wasn't able to do any standing around bus gazing as I had no free time - I ended up driving there so travelled in from the east, went part round the ring road, out towards Bewdley and into a housing estate - arrived at lunchtime and left in the evening peak - never saw a single bus - a concerted effort to get a public transport route yielded great connections by rail but I was surprised Diamond didn't figure in the Traveline route (which incidentally had a ten minute walk either end as well - seriously ten mins from the rail station!!) - I decided I'd need to go by taxi if I used public transport to be sure of timings. 

The only non NXWM bus I saw in my whole drive through North Worcestershire/ South Birmingham was a double decker 144 near Bromsgrove.

Now that would have been impossible even on a Sunday in Midland Red days!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

PM

Only Kidderminster routes on a Sunday are 3/X3.

winston

Quote from: don on November 17, 2014, 11:32:21 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

I wasn't able to do any standing around bus gazing as I had no free time - I ended up driving there so travelled in from the east, went part round the ring road, out towards Bewdley and into a housing estate - arrived at lunchtime and left in the evening peak - never saw a single bus - a concerted effort to get a public transport route yielded great connections by rail but I was surprised Diamond didn't figure in the Traveline route (which incidentally had a ten minute walk either end as well - seriously ten mins from the rail station!!) - I decided I'd need to go by taxi if I used public transport to be sure of timings. 

The only non NXWM bus I saw in my whole drive through North Worcestershire/ South Birmingham was a double decker 144 near Bromsgrove.

Had you gone the opposite away around the ring ring & headed towards Stourport, you would have see the Diamond (ex First) Kidderminster garage location in the centre of a traffic island.

Ash

Daf 30210 now in diamond (blue livery).

PM

Quote from: Ash on November 18, 2014, 08:08:45 PM
Daf 30210 now in diamond (blue livery).

Thanks for the info on that Ash! :)

IIRC that one had sustained minor front accident damage?

111 Roughley

Quote from: don on November 17, 2014, 11:32:21 PM

2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Going back into Midland Red days, in 1952 the 144 was every 20 minutes Monday to Fridays and Sundays, every 15 mins on Saturdays. Apart from Sundays, today's offering is not so bad. The 318 Bromsgrove to Stourbridge was every 30 minutes every day including Sundays and evenings (every 20 minutes Saturday evening). How this route has declined! Now a subsidised two-hourly affair.
OK, that's in the past, but I do think that bus companies particularly in Worcestershire have been a bit slow to try commercial services on Sundays. The day has completely changed from my youth when nothing happened and all the shops were shut. In the West Midlands County, there is a much better situation. There are towns in Worcestershire, it's not all rural space.

PM

Looks as if W337VGX is set to be withdrawn after its accident...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk