News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Noticed the Not In Service display on 20606 this afternoon was alternating between the usual Not in Service and:

'Lest We Forget'
   1914-2014

in inverted LEDs
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

PM

Quote from: N94 on October 28, 2014, 07:51:56 PM
Noticed the Not In Service display on 20606 this afternoon was alternating between the usual Not in Service and:

'Lest We Forget'
   1914-2014

in inverted LEDs

That's a nice touch. Hopefully Diamond will offer the same pledge as last year of carrying servicemen and women for free until the end of the year.

Liberator9

Signature routes 82/88 a bit of a mess yesterday - Optare Solo SR and an Enviro 200 on it. Neither big enough to take the capacity of the hourly route and lack the good pace of the Citaros.

PM

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 05, 2014, 07:32:02 PM
Signature routes 82/88 a bit of a mess yesterday - Optare Solo SR and an Enviro 200 on it. Neither big enough to take the capacity of the hourly route and lack the good pace of the Citaros.

How regularly would you say this is happening now?

Were they full and standing?

D10

There was a Diamond Solo stuck in the middle lane of the outbound carriageway of High Street Deritend outside the Custard Factory this afternoon around 4:30.  ???

No idea what had happened, it looked like it had been abandoned with no lights on, and no driver or passengers on it! I couldn't see what had happened, it didn't appear to have any accident damage, so perhaps it had broken down?

It was a very awkward place anyway, as only one lane of traffic was open and the police were diverting vehicles around it.

Liberator9

Sorry for the delay in replying Diamond Dart.

The 88 and 82 do have good loads every time I see them - even with the Citaros on them. I don't know what would happen if the service frequency was to be increased - whether patronage would continue to grow or if loadings would be insufficient on a half hourly service. It would be worth a try though - would be good to see a frequency increase. It seems a world away from when Tridents and Mercs were used by NXC on the 19X and 19W in 2009!

PM

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 07, 2014, 06:38:17 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying Diamond Dart.

The 88 and 82 do have good loads every time I see them - even with the Citaros on them. I don't know what would happen if the service frequency was to be increased - whether patronage would continue to grow or if loadings would be insufficient on a half hourly service. It would be worth a try though - would be good to see a frequency increase. It seems a world away from when Tridents and Mercs were used by NXC on the 19X and 19W in 2009!

No worries-do you often see other vehicles on the 82/8 that aren't citaros though?

I agree it would be interesting to see-most passengers seem to be OAPs though?

trident4370

When the S11/ S15 finish, that bus then does a peak 82 trip so there is always one trip that is usually a Solo SR.

Liberator9

There was a Blue Diamond Plaxton Centro on the 82/88 yesterday. I think they're a Citaro down at the moment though, as having looked at the facebook page, it mentions breakdown on the route on Monday. Thanks Trident 4370 - I think it is the 15:50 from Solihull. That would've been the one I saw actually with the Solo SR on, on Tuesday.

winston

PD0001374/100 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW
    Variation Accepted: Operating between WALSALL, BRADFORD STREET and WALSALL, BRADFORD STREET given service number 401E effective from 04-Jan-2015. To amend Timetable.

Tony

Diamond have taken 8 full size single decks off YourBus for the Midlands depots to try and help the overload of 29 seaters.

SV04 DVH/K/L/M (Wrights) are returning, having previously been Rotala vehicles along with
BK10 MFX/Y (Plaxtons Centros) all B7RLEs
SN10 CDF/K Enviro 300s

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 14, 2014, 06:36:03 PM
Diamond have taken 8 full size single decks off YourBus for the Midlands depots to try and help the overload of 29 seaters.

SV04 DVH/K/L/M(Wrights) are returning, having previously been Rotala vehicles along with
BK10 MFX/Y(Plaxton Centros) all B7RLEs
SN10 CDF/K Enviro 300s

Excellent news  :D :D :D

Trident 4194

806 was being driven by a rotala inspector

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 15, 2014, 05:27:02 PM

1) Rotala have inspectors?
2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2014, 08:44:58 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 15, 2014, 05:27:02 PM

1) Rotala have inspectors?
2) 806? Not NXWM? Haha

Liverpool Street,

Yes they certainly do they have got one in Redditch and one in Kidderminster the latter one (Kidder) he's well I'm not even saying on here as I do believe there are Rotala management staff on this forum unfortunately hence why I am saying nothing..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk