News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2012, 08:39:01 PM
They should operate it later into the evenings as well because lots of ppl go to merry hill in an evening to eat etc

An evening and sunday service (definite) should be trialed out im sure it would be a sucess to give it a bit of a promotion offer a cheaper day return after 6pm and on sundays as im sure its £3.20 at the moment could be wrong but not sure.

vinh1000

Quote from: Ash on August 03, 2012, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2012, 08:39:01 PM
They should operate it later into the evenings as well because lots of ppl go to merry hill in an evening to eat etc

An evening and sunday service (definite) should be trialed out im sure it would be a sucess to give it a bit of a promotion offer a cheaper day return after 6pm and on sundays as im sure its £3.20 at the moment could be wrong but not sure.
Agree
They got a 16 return £2.50 and I see a fair bit of people use it to and from work as cheaper than NXWM's £3.80 daysaver
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

One things for sure-diamonds day returns were a fantastic idea and have really helped them to compete

Ash

The 16,50,301 and 404E i know for definite is £2.50 day return but can somebody tell me why they have taken the information off the display on the front of the bus saying about the return available only the 16 still has it and the odd versa when on the 404E for some reason still has the information on the display screen. Some people miss out the NXWM bus let it go past intentially for the diamond. Diamond need to advertise these returns and make them known like they did before in the front and side window on the mcv's

PM

Goodness only knows they should reprogramme it onto destination display or even on the first side window near the door have a sticker thing saying day return £2.50

hartshill busman 724210

I believe that there is an issue with displaying on the main blind as its officially for destinations only.There is no restriction on bands on the front with ticket offers such as nxwm £2.70 on the 59 or Hansons £2.00 return on 226.

Ash

NXWM used to programme the destination blind to show the return fares on the 301 and 404 it even had the price on the rear number blind when the 404 was at WB as well as the destination like WB buses show at the back.

andy

Green Bus have £1 Flat Fare on all theirs too, there is no legal issue.....Arriva also used to advertise the maximum local fares on theirs when they had competition from AMPM.

Discodave

Quote from: hartshill busman on August 03, 2012, 07:21:05 PM
I believe that there is an issue with displaying on the main blind as its officially for destinations only.There is no restriction on bands on the front with ticket offers such as nxwm £2.70 on the 59 or Hansons £2.00 return on 226.
other companies around the contry do that can,t see there being an issue as most displays scroll via points and the offers on the service

PM

I saw an ex Preston solo today on the 16 displaying the £2.50 day return message

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on August 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM
Quote from: hartshill busman on August 03, 2012, 07:21:05 PM
other companies around the contry do that can,t see there being an issue as most displays scroll via points and the offers on the service

There is no problem with displaying anything on a destination display as long as the final destination of the bus is displayed more prominently than anything else including via point. Scrolling displays are not illegal, but are not liked by the DDA brigade

PM

I personally like the scrolling displays-then the final destination is always displayed and the via points are also visible.

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on August 04, 2012, 06:53:06 PM
I personally like the scrolling displays-then the final destination is always displayed and the via points are also visible.

The problem with scrolling displays is quite often there are no complete words visable which makes them extremely difficult to read for some people. DDA recommends using alternating displays if you need to put more on than you can fit on the screen at any time

snz

Quote from: Ash on April 13, 2012, 09:46:35 PM
All the MAN's (MCV) got transferred to New Zealand and i believe all of Rotala's MCV's are following suit as I know the ones off the x30 have gone from the route.

Hi Everyone,

These MCV's have entered service in NZ and I wondered what the exact reason for the sale was? From what I've read on here the Super 16 Branded vehicles were unreliable, but what about the others?

All of these are now painted white and those that are running urban services are having rear doors fitted, while those that run School services are staying as single door vehicles.

PM

Quote from: simonnz on September 30, 2012, 02:43:10 AM
Quote from: Ash on April 13, 2012, 09:46:35 PM
All the MAN's (MCV) got transferred to New Zealand and i believe all of Rotala's MCV's are following suit as I know the ones off the x30 have gone from the route.

Hi Everyone,

These MCV's have entered service in NZ and I wondered what the exact reason for the sale was? From what I've read on here the Super 16 Branded vehicles were unreliable, but what about the others?

All of these are now painted white and those that are running urban services are having rear doors fitted, while those that run School services are staying as single door vehicles.

Interesting to hear from someone from NZ!  ;D I think they were all sold due to unreliability and the fact that rotala could raise money by selling newish buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk