News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Alot of the red diamond darts have worked in the black country for a few years now due to the reductions in services in the red diamond network and the red diamond darts have been refurbed unlike some of the red and white diamond darts.

Mike360

Red Diamond livery bus 20502 was on the 007 today and the 202 bus today I was waiting for was running 25 minutes late today and regularly leaves Halesowen bus station later that 25 past, usually half past or longer. Also I heard some people saying they should make the 202 service more frequent about half hourly which can be busy at times.

Ash

Im glad the royale centros have started to work the 417 with the diversion from Halesowen to Blackheath as the dart that was on there today 30216 was really struggling to get some speed up the hill its a good job the bus wasnt full otherwise i dont think it would have made it the long distance.

Mike360

I think I will contact Diamond and suggest they do a 002 service on a Sunday and this would be good for shopping in Merry Hill and would surely get a lot of passengers even if it was a 002E Halesowen to Merry Hill and they did a special return price. I certainly would use it to get to Merry Hill.

PM

And bring back 404H and maybe extend 002 to Northfield

PM

Quote from: thetruth on August 01, 2012, 07:08:32 PM
30216 (YJ51EKM) is a DAF SB120 Ash

A lot of ppl think these are darts-I guess they sound the same, have similar engine/gearbox and with the cadet bodies-look like dart/crusaders tho they are narrower. Personally I like them and think they are good buses

Mike360

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Saw a 002 at about 11:30 today at the bottom of Drews Holloway and you literally couldn't get any more passengers on, it was absolutely rammed. If Diamond were ever to re-invest in some Double Deckers this route would surely be in the running, also taking into account that we are now in the middle of the summer holidays and the 002 serves a good number of schools and universities along its route

Mike360

Quote from: wilmotm on August 01, 2012, 08:48:19 PM
Saw a 002 at about 11:30 today at the bottom of Drews Holloway and you literally couldn't get any more passengers on, it was absolutely rammed. If Diamond were ever to re-invest in some Double Deckers this route would surely be in the running, also taking into account that we are now in the middle of the summer holidays and the 002 serves a good number of schools and universities along its route

The 002 is my local route and is a very popular one and has been extremely busy lately due to the summer holidays and as it is popular they gave the 15 minute frequency. Imagine if it was still every 30 minutes and the branding of the 002 was very successful to as you can easily tell your bus is coming. Double Deckers may be a good idea. I wonder what others will think. Also was it one of the branded buses that you saw full?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Yes one of the green ones, can't remember the fleet number but certainly seems an excellent service to me

Ash

I used the 404E, 417 and 002 today. The 002 I was which was 30808 (808) was quite full from Merry Hill there was another 002 arriving into Halesowen from Weoley Castle and was empty no one on. The 417 I was on was a centro and picked up about 8 passengers between halesowen and West Brom. The 3 404E I were on were quite busy and they were three DAF's (thanks truth for correcting me, its cause they sound like darts so didnt relise lol) and no solos on the service so a bonus.

vinh1000

Quote from: Mike360 on August 01, 2012, 09:00:48 PM
Quote from: wilmotm on August 01, 2012, 08:48:19 PM
I agree here too maybe a double decker would run well even at it's 15 minute frequency the 002 is so busy these days
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

I went on the 002 not that long ago and seemed pretty quiet?? Tho I know from ppl that use the route that it's often busy-just never been on it when this is the case. Tho tbh the 45 seat centros should be able to deal with demand-tho I did spot 30130 on the route once and I know versas are sometimes on the route and these would be too small

vinh1000

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2012, 08:10:12 PM
I went on the 002 not that long ago and seemed pretty quiet?? Tho I know from ppl that use the route that it's often busy-just never been on it when this is the case. Tho tbh the 45 seat centros should be able to deal with demand-tho I did spot 30130 on the route once and I know versas are sometimes on the route and these would be too small
The last time also I went on (only yesterday morning) was quiet
Generally approcahing middle of day and evenings I had noticed it was busy
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

They should operate it later into the evenings as well because lots of ppl go to merry hill in an evening to eat etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk