News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2012, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: 4504 on May 27, 2012, 09:29:01 PM
What buses are euro 3 complaint that they have? Apart from the MCVs

Quote from: NEL111P on May 27, 2012, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Liberator9 on May 27, 2012, 07:36:16 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Signatures got moved up as I don't think Blue Diamond are going to be able to get enough compliant buses in time.

Not taking any Signature vehicle into account, Blue Diamond have enough Euro 3 Buses either allocated or destined for Long Acre for their needs + spares.

All the Solos, including those just acquired from Newport, and all the darts with new style xx NN xxx style registrations for a start

Most Rotala darts are ex London anyway, so wouldn't they be LEZ compliant at least Euro2?

Mike360

I use the 002 regularly and this route should be introduced on Sundays and I'm sure many people would use it to go shopping in Merry Hill. I think there was a 002 bus service on a Sunday ages ago probably operated by Ludlows but this stopped after a short while I think and to extend it to Northfield would boost it even more as people can then go to Halesowen and Merry Hill.

PM

Agree. Its a well used route, a sunday service would be useful and they should definitely extend it to Northfield.

Ash

I agree they tried a sunday service on the 301 and 404E and both services remain along with the evening services they should try something similar on the 002 and i was really suprised to see how early the 002 finishes late afternoon

Discodave

Quote from: Ash on April 24, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
Due to losses it seems to me as if the diamond drivers have been moved round as before certain drivers always sticked on certain services and from what i can see they have been moved. May be its just me lol
There had been some severe rota changes and hours cut a mate of mine was always on the 326 now on it once in a blue moon plus stops the money grabbing poles getting the big money all the time too.  My hours were always altered when it came to me getting a good week of hours in thats why i left blatant racism towards the english staff.

Ash

Yeah when i catch the diamond buses now the drivers all seem to be english whereas before they were mostly poles and even a few women drivers too which is good to see

Ash

If you mean where does it stop in Blackheath it stop outside sainsburys when going towards hayle green and outisde by wilkinsons when going back to west brom

Stu

Quote from: thetruth on June 09, 2012, 10:46:10 PM
Does the 417 usually stop adjacent to Station Road in Blackheath?

I was going to Rowley Regis Station, pressed the bell in plenty of time but the driver didn't stop there.

Ended up in Blackheath by Sainsburys and nearly missed my train

The stop is before the Station Road junction, outside Toucan Trading (if they'e still going) and before the New Inn. Next stop after that is Blackheath town centre.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on June 08, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Agree. Its a well used route, a sunday service would be useful and they should definitely extend it to Northfield.

A Sunday service on the 002 would be a good idea, I'm sure Ludlow's tried a Northfield - Merry Hill variant numbered the 003, but it was short lived.

Mike360

I really hope they do a Sunday Service and at least trial and extension to Northfield as I personally think it would be quite popular even if people mainly use it to Weoley Castle and Bartley Green and with it going to Merry Hill then people have a change from going shopping in Town. I can't recall myself of a Ludlows 003 doing it but you never know. We should let Diamond bus know!

PM

Yep, thats a gud idea Mike360. If everyone on this forum suggested it, then its probably go through. What with diamond and rotala trying to expand commerical services at the expense of tendered operations, this seems a very good idea.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on June 10, 2012, 06:19:31 PM
Yep, thats a gud idea Mike360. If everyone on this forum suggested it, then its probably go through. What with diamond and rotala trying to expand commerical services at the expense of tendered operations, this seems a very good idea.

Since when are Diamond / Rotala trying to expand commercial services? I think you'll find it's the opposite and that they have actually withdrawn from a number of them over the last couple of years, the fleet size has contracted some what as a result. I think the last commericial service Diamond introduced/registered was the 559/now Wolves 59. The Centro tendered work was lost to Arriva and Flights Hallmark have since lost the NEC car park shuttle contract to Travel de Courcey

PM

In their annual report, trying to expand commerical revenue was a key point and one of the ways that this can be achieved is through strengthening corridors and Diamond's decision to withdraw from tendered work is sensible as Arriva bid ridiculously low and diamond actually want to make a profit. They may reduce tendered work, withdraw the bad buses and end up with a reduced fleet of high quality with commercial services. I meant expand their additional commerical services as they will surely wish to do.....

Ash

The fleet is steadily improving and the age of the fleet decreasing when rotala inherited the fleet from go-ahead there was no investment from go-ahead in vehicles and the newest i believe was the 02 cadets or the 52 darts now with yourbus dont know if they were sold by then. So reducing tendered work helps withdraw the older buses like whats been happening.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on June 10, 2012, 08:11:17 PM
In their annual report, trying to expand commerical revenue was a key point and one of the ways that this can be achieved is through strengthening corridors and Diamond's decision to withdraw from tendered work is sensible as Arriva bid ridiculously low and diamond actually want to make a profit. They may reduce tendered work, withdraw the bad buses and end up with a reduced fleet of high quality with commercial services. I meant expand their additional commerical services as they will surely wish to do.....

But Diamond didn't withdraw from the Centro tendered work, they lost it, regardless of how low Arriva bid. Diamond wouldn't have known what Arriva were bidding/if they even knew they were up against Arriva at all. Rotala Group has expanded their commercial revenue through the Preston Bus acquisition. I don't think that statement necessarily applies to Diamond operations as the Red Diamond operation has contracted considerably since withdrawing from Worcester, Droitwich & closing the Droitwich depot, I'm not so sure they are that successful competing against First in Redditch either. Diamond has also withdrawn from a number of commercial services that competed with NXWM and commercial services they inherited from the Ludlow's / NBB acquisitions

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk