News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

National Express Coaches

Started by winston, October 01, 2012, 12:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 28, 2024, 06:21:33 PMJust seen this

https://x.com/pelicanyutong/status/1762887337904689472?s=46
Exciting news and investment.

@Tony will these be fitted with common charging plugs so they may be charged at other NX sites like CV if required?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

winston

Quote from: Wumpty on February 29, 2024, 07:44:33 AMExciting news and investment.

@Tony will these be fitted with common charging plugs so they may be charged at other NX sites like CV if required?
It's only a demo on 4 weeks trial on London - Standard routes with NX, for both Pelican & NX to gain operating experience. 

I believe Caetano are developing a hydrogen powered coach too. 

Wba_lad

Quote from: winston on February 29, 2024, 10:43:47 AMIt's only a demo on 4 weeks trial on London - Standard routes with NX, for both Pelican & NX to gain operating experience.

I believe Caetano are developing a hydrogen powered coach too.
Is hydrogen really a wise idea, with the problem national express west midlands are facing with the streetdecks, dont get me wrong i love hydrogen streetdecks and i think hydrogen is a better idea than electric but dont seem like its working as of yet.

Mayfield

winston

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 05:23:45 PMIs hydrogen really a wise idea, with the problem national express west midlands are facing with the streetdecks, dont get me wrong i love hydrogen streetdecks and i think hydrogen is a better idea than electric but dont seem like its working as of yet.
Electric can't do the range NX coaches would need.

Tony

I believe this is the current fleet although I believe 205/9-13 are now withdrawn, they haven't ben changed on the NX computer yet
NX Coach fleet (wmbusphotos.com)

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on February 29, 2024, 07:44:33 AMTony will these be fitted with common charging plugs so they may be charged at other NX sites like CV if required?

Vehicle electric charging plugs/sockets are pretty much standard, so that won't be an issue.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on March 01, 2024, 08:43:11 PMVehicle electric charging plugs/sockets are pretty much standard, so that won't be an issue.

Thanks @Stu - not an electric convert yet so still finding my feet with compatibility.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BN

Quote from: Tony on March 01, 2024, 08:03:10 PMI believe this is the current fleet although I believe 205/9-13 are now withdrawn, they haven't ben changed on the NX computer yet
NX Coach fleet (wmbusphotos.com)
220 returned to bank
229 still withdrawn @ Volvo
232 transferred to Chalfonts
362, 363, 364 are now at Luton

winston

Quote from: BN on March 02, 2024, 04:09:49 PM220 returned to bank
229 still withdrawn @ Volvo
232 transferred to Chalfonts
362, 363, 364 are now at Luton
In addition:

395 has already left Wandsworth & has since transferred to Lucketts

winston

25 x Van Hool Altano's are now expected for NX services, 10 x Edwards (NX route 040) & 15 x Selwyns (NX route 540):  https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/first-glimpse-van-hools-entering-service-with-national-express/

Lucketts have also received an 18 plate Caetano Boa Vista 7301 BU18OTC ex Edwards believed to be for general coaching work. 

BN

Quote from: winston on March 16, 2024, 06:55:59 PM25 x Van Hool Altano's are now expected for NX services, 10 x Edwards (NX route 040) & 15 x Selwyns (NX route 540):  https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/first-glimpse-van-hools-entering-service-with-national-express/

Lucketts have also received an 18 plate Caetano Boa Vista 7301 BU18OTC ex Edwards believed to be for general coaching work.
Quote from: winston on March 16, 2024, 06:55:59 PMLucketts have also received an 18 plate Caetano Boa Vista 7301 BU18OTC ex Edwards believed to be for general coaching work.
There has been a massive shift of vehicles recently, over 100 have also now been sold, right across the business.

winston

Quote from: BN on March 17, 2024, 07:55:40 AMThere has been a massive shift of vehicles recently, over 100 have also now been sold, right across the business.
I've heard they're selling off owned coaches at Lucketts in favour of moving in leased ex Clarkes Tourismo's etc

Mayfield

Quote from: winston on March 16, 2024, 06:55:59 PM25 x Van Hool Altano's are now expected for NX services, 10 x Edwards (NX route 040) & 15 x Selwyns (NX route 540):  https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/first-glimpse-van-hools-entering-service-with-national-express/

I see Van Hool has gone belly up and are being purchased subject to conditions being met to VDL, wonder if this will affect delivery of the above ?

Stu

Quote from: Mayfield on April 09, 2024, 07:37:34 PMI see Van Hool has gone belly up and are being purchased subject to conditions being met to VDL, wonder if this will affect delivery of the above ?
Last I read was that Van Hool were looking to restructure their business in order to focus on 'luxury coaches', and it was the regular buses they were looking to discontinue or off-load, so I don't think this will affect things that way.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk