News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Quote from: BBS on November 27, 2023, 07:47:01 PMI believe by 2027 every bus route is required to have NSAs so it's definitely possible the current 61** and 22** can get NSA, they still have a long life span and the hybrids also have NSAs

The hybrids (Wright bodied ones) use a different system, which is apparently hard to update. It's a shame they aren't used though.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

cardew

Quote from: 2206 on November 27, 2023, 02:52:31 PMAs the 61XX and 22XX could probably still be in service in 2026. Guessing they will have NSA added at some point maybe?
I find it strange that buses dating from 2015 do not have speakers installed even if they weren't initially to be used. 

Tony

Quote from: cardew on November 28, 2023, 05:50:04 PMI find it strange that buses dating from 2015 do not have speakers installed even if they weren't initially to be used.
In 2015 next stop announcements were a new thing on ordinary bus routes very few buses from any operator had them, only the 'premium' brands

Stu

OK, so after travelling home on 7538 this evening on the 3, I'm not sure if the onboard NSA systems have been updated again, but the displays stayed on throughout the journey, and correctly showed the stop names that have been changed recently (Ludlow Court, Brunswick Road, Chesterton Road etc).

The geolocation of the Brunswick Road stop (from city, formerly Fulham Road) is also now correct.

I wonder how much Birmingham Moseley Rugby Club paid to have "for Moseley Stadium" added to the announcements for the Billesley Common and Mayford Grove stops? :azn:

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

LR55LTR

Not sure if this is a better place than the oddities thread but... I noticed today that 6918 doesn't have any next stop announcements on the 9. It announces the route and the destination then nothing until it is changed to go back again.

MasterPlan

Currently on 7528 which appears to now have new style NSA for the X21 so maybe the X22 has been sorted too.

Also the rear display has lost the via points same as the X22 (Also saw a 23 in the same fashion but the 16 has stayed the same from what I've seen). Not sure why, but if the display was going to change could've put Selly Oak on the same line as Weoley Castle while they were at it.

Most of the NSA changes to the X21 make more sense than the previous ones so that's a plus.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on November 28, 2023, 07:28:21 PMOK, so after travelling home on 7538 this evening on the 3, I'm not sure if the onboard NSA systems have been updated again, but the displays stayed on throughout the journey, and correctly showed the stop names that have been changed recently (Ludlow Court, Brunswick Road, Chesterton Road etc).

The geolocation of the Brunswick Road stop (from city, formerly Fulham Road) is also now correct.

Same bus this evening, but on the 2 this time.

Displays for 'next stop' flash and go off straight away.

Must be some kind of coding issue, as it works fine when on the 3.
My locals:

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on December 05, 2023, 07:14:57 PMSame bus this evening, but on the 2 this time.

Displays for 'next stop' flash and go off straight away.

Must be some kind of coding issue, as it works fine when on the 3.

Have the rear destination displays changed for the 2/3?

BBS

Is there any plans of the 4/4A getting NSA?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Dababa015

It's probably unlikely but could happen as there isn't one route that goes past AG with NSA

MasterPlan

Just boarded 6997 and the NSA screen appears to be stuck on "this is the last trip on your journey, please make sure to take everything with you, thank you for travelling with National Express West Midlands". So looks like another new change as I've not seen that before.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 07, 2023, 04:43:14 PMJust boarded 6997 and the NSA screen appears to be stuck on "this is the last trip on your journey, please make sure to take everything with you, thank you for travelling with National Express West Midlands". So looks like another new change as I've not seen that before.
I think i heard that before on the 50 (I usually go all the way to Druids heath)

MasterPlan

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 07, 2023, 04:47:10 PMI think i heard that before on the 50 (I usually go all the way to Druids heath)
It must be a new update though because they used to just say "this bus terminates here"

Stu

Quote from: BBS on December 06, 2023, 12:22:46 AMIs there any plans of the 4/4A getting NSA?

Quote from: Dababa015 on December 07, 2023, 07:13:00 AMIt's probably unlikely but could happen as there isn't one route that goes past AG with NSA
At some point, yes. All buses are expected to have onboard announcements by 2026. There are question marks over the cost/viability of retrofitting the required equipment into buses that don't already have this, but there is some funding that can be provided.

The way that NX are replacing their fleet though, there may not be many vehicles without this equipment left by 2026!

As far as I am aware, AG originally had 10 Platinum MMCs, but only had NSAs recorded for the 5 route as (at the time) it was their only Platinum service.
My locals:

BusDriverBosh

Idea for the NSA,
When you're arriving at the terminus, can it say:
"Next stop Solihull Station, where this bus terminates"?
Or
"Next stop Chelmsley Wood, where this bus terminates"?

I think this will really help people who don't know where the terminus is, such as tourists.
Could majorly help on 'E' routes too.
Bus Driver
X2 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X12 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X13 - Birmingham ➡️ Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk