News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

I've seen Walsall's Platties on other routes, the other day I saw one on the 41 for instance.

Are all their routes programmed in as well, or in process?

Jack D

Gareth

ellspurs

"Your next stop is... (sigh) Overgreen Drive. Good luck."

karl724223

Pensnett x10 been updated for broad st
Edgbaston Metro anybody

MasterPlan

Maybe it's just my bad hearing but sounds like the 16 NSA have been changed slightly as the tone sounds different.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 24, 2023, 08:08:13 AMMaybe it's just my bad hearing but sounds like the 16 NSA have been changed slightly as the tone sounds different.
6826 and 6828 now have their announcements sound different when I caught them on the 907, also now their NSA Displays come on and off during the journey approaching and saying the stop. Different to when they was at BC.

BBS

Quote6826 and 6828 now have their announcements sound different when I caught them on the 907, also now their NSA Displays come on and off during the journey approaching and saying the stop. Different to when they was at BC.
Same with the 6, they come off and on. They sound more robotic like the coventry one's
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Yeah it definitely sounded more robotic. Gotta say I preferred them as they were.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 24, 2023, 10:55:09 AMYeah it definitely sounded more robotic. Gotta say I preferred them as they were.
They will have been updated to reflect changed stop names, as well as new stops where the route has changed, eg the 2 at YW.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on November 24, 2023, 12:08:51 PMThey will have been updated to reflect changed stop names, as well as new stops where the route has changed, eg the 2 at YW.

I was talking about the change in the voice not specific stops.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 24, 2023, 01:47:57 PMI was talking about the change in the voice not specific stops.

They probably couldn't get the voice actor that did the previous announcements back in for one reason or the other. Or maybe they thought this robotic voice was the way forward.

I do miss the "Mr Platinum" voice though.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 24, 2023, 01:47:57 PMI was talking about the change in the voice not specific stops.
The voice is the same, as far as I can tell, but there is a slightly different 'tone' to it. Only heard it once so far though, on the 3 last week.

Quote from: mesub on November 24, 2023, 07:09:20 PMThey probably couldn't get the voice actor that did the previous announcements back in for one reason or the other. Or maybe they thought this robotic voice was the way forward.
They're probably all computer generated, even the previous ones (maybe even Mr Platinum was!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

I agree I much prefer Mr Platinum too.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on November 24, 2023, 07:26:39 PMThe voice is the same, as far as I can tell, but there is a slightly different 'tone' to it. Only heard it once so far though, on the 3 last week.

They're probably all computer generated, even the previous ones (maybe even Mr Platinum was!)

Yes, that's what i said this morning the tone seems different. I've only heard it on the 16 though, as the X21 is still using outdated NSA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk