News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on September 17, 2023, 05:50:18 PMThanks - but that's not what I asked. Bustimes has it as JW65BUS - the only other references appear to be
;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/199155338@N04/53190310197/in/photolist-2p3ff6K
which is E20RRT
and
https://fleetreport.co.uk/latest-news/13th-september-2023
JW65 BUS isn't a valid registration on DVSA website, so an error on Bustimes

Jamie A

Quote from: Tony on September 17, 2023, 06:10:25 PMJW65 BUS isn't a valid registration on DVSA website, so an error on Bustimes
It's JW65GSW and GW65GSW that are here

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 17, 2023, 06:10:25 PMJW65 BUS isn't a valid registration on DVSA website, so an error on Bustimes
Someone edited the registration number last week it seems:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/slbs-bus-40/history

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

EK40

its seems that select has also bought another two 8.9 e200mmcs reg
SN65 ZGZ
SN65 ZHA
as per the bus shop website

the trainbasher

Ex WCM Scotrail branded

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

IMarkeh

Very interesting that Select are refusing to take card on the 67. Driver claims that it's been turned off. Funny how even Lets Go and Banga Bus can somehow provide basic facilities like contactless but Select can't.

IMarkeh

Bus 28 seems to like aggressively jerking when idling too which is just lovely. Anyone looking at the bus must think passengers are all loopy.

Lack of information on the 67 timetable as well. Traveling says all trips serve the prison. Selects website timetable doesn't say anything about the prison. Tracking suggests drivers only serve when they feel like it. What a way to run a tendered bus service.

On the 875 and seats are threadbare and even tape on the seats where clearly it had all seen better days. Drivers bragging about missing bits of the route out to make up time and the seemingly lack of ops person so buses running 1hr plus late just carry on or drivers do their own thing to sort it out. On the trip I went on, we went through 4 timing points more than 1 minute early, maximum of 4 minutes early.

If I was Mr Peddle, I'd be damn ashamed to say I have shares in this business. Sadly the only reason this form is growing because of tenders and being begged to expand into new areas. It's certainly not their quality that is keeping them going. It's no wonder Staffordshire struggles to get people on buses with these lot and Chaserider.

mikestone

LK04NNB in Pitcher Bank at lunchtime.
Is it likely to stick on that turn or swop with the other decker?

Jamie A

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 25, 2023, 02:10:52 PMVery interesting that Select are refusing to take card on the 67. Driver claims that it's been turned off. Funny how even Lets Go and Banga Bus can somehow provide basic facilities like contactless but Select can't.

Select Bus are not "refusing" to take card payments on service 67

Unfortunately this is an error ticketers end which we are waiting for them to amend the problem, 

Jamie A

Quote from: mikestone on September 25, 2023, 03:51:47 PMLK04NNB in Pitcher Bank at lunchtime.
Is it likely to stick on that turn or swop with the other decker?
LK04NBB will be out till 6pm

Rachvince53

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 25, 2023, 02:10:52 PMVery interesting that Select are refusing to take card on the 67. Driver claims that it's been turned off. Funny how even Lets Go and Banga Bus can somehow provide basic facilities like contactless but Select can't.
They're also one of the few if only local operators not accepting Nbus and Nnetwork tickets in the West Midlands. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jamie A on September 25, 2023, 04:09:23 PMSelect Bus are not "refusing" to take card payments on service 67

Unfortunately this is an error ticketers end which we are waiting for them to amend the problem,

I did think there was something wrong with the machines the other day when I boarded the 875 in Cannock I scanned my Chaserider Staff Pass on the machine and I think it came up on the machine with BARCODE DENIED I just showed my pass to the driver I knew it wasn't my pass because it worked perfectly fine on a 74 in Stafford

mikestone

Quote from: Jamie A on September 25, 2023, 04:10:46 PMLK04NBB will be out till 6pm
Sorry - didn't make myself clear.
What I meant was will it work that board daily or am I likely to find other DDs out - or was it a one-off?

Jamie A

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 25, 2023, 03:28:11 PMBus 28 seems to like aggressively jerking when idling too which is just lovely. Anyone looking at the bus must think passengers are all loopy.

Lack of information on the 67 timetable as well. Traveling says all trips serve the prison. Selects website timetable doesn't say anything about the prison. Tracking suggests drivers only serve when they feel like it. What a way to run a tendered bus service.

On the 875 and seats are threadbare and even tape on the seats where clearly it had all seen better days. Drivers bragging about missing bits of the route out to make up time and the seemingly lack of ops person so buses running 1hr plus late just carry on or drivers do their own thing to sort it out. On the trip I went on, we went through 4 timing points more than 1 minute early, maximum of 4 minutes early.

If I was Mr Peddle, I'd be damn ashamed to say I have shares in this business. Sadly the only reason this form is growing because of tenders and being begged to expand into new areas. It's certainly not their quality that is keeping them going. It's no wonder Staffordshire struggles to get people on buses with these lot and Chaserider.
Which vehicle are you referring to as having threadbare seats?

I know 1 of the commanders (25 I think) has a couple of taped seats, this is due to the seats been damaged whilst operating a school service, this is a matter been dealt with between the MD and the school in question, replacement seat bases will be put on to replace the damaged ones 

Do you have dates and times when the service has missed out parts of the route to catch time up and contacted the company so this can be investigated by the company? 

The only time I can think of a service running an hour late was Friday, this was due to Stafford being almost at a standstill, this was caused by all the roadworks in Stafford and problems on the M6 but again, if you email the company with dates and times, this can be looked into 

IMarkeh

Answer to both is 25. If it was any company which was half reputable or cared about it's perception to passengers, the bus wouldn't have ever gone out again until it was fixed.

Quote from: Jamie A on September 25, 2023, 10:20:29 PMDo you have dates and times when the service has missed out parts of the route to catch time up and contacted the company so this can be investigated by the company? 

The only time I can think of a service running an hour late was Friday, this was due to Stafford being almost at a standstill, this was caused by all the roadworks in Stafford and problems on the M6 but again, if you email the company with dates and times, this can be looked into 
Quoting what a driver was bragging about with passengers. Not my personal experience. 

It's very interesting to also note that the driver didn't want to take people to Goal Square on the 875 either. I jumped off a few stops earlier because it worked out quicker but they announced it was terminating at Shrewsbury Hotel. Checking tracking, this shows as correct and then sat there for a short time before running onto a 9. from my observations and from overhearing drivers, it's clear to see that drivers are just left to do what they want and something is only done when a complaint comes in (though I doubt emails even get read)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk