News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

@Tony  was on 30707 on 4H earlier and I think it was you taking a pic of it near to tamebridge train station  
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 29, 2023, 01:28:29 PM@Tony  was on 30707 on 4H earlier and I think it was you taking a pic of it near to tamebridge train station 
Yes, It was me.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2023, 02:22:24 PMYes, It was me.
That thing I can only presume was put out of service in West Brom shortly after. Travelled on 30703 (MCV) and I do love the shape of these vehicles. One thing I would say is they are painfully slow at getting up hills.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2023, 07:28:06 PMThanks for the clarification, I do think they meant 'NX Bus' rather than 'nBus' in their comment, either that or someone is giving them 'duff information'.

I can confirm that I did travel on your 50 service today from Kings Heath to Maypole, and my NX DD Regional Travelcard was accepted with no issue.

I will take the opportunity to point out that while I did enjoy my journey on your Optare Metrodecker 40845, the upper deck front left seat had its seat base removed and was on the floor. Not sure if that was the reason why this bus was seemingly later taken out of service.

Also, it might be too early to say, but would you say that passenger loadings have increased on the 50 since the ticketing changes at the start of this month?
From walking through Birmingham I have noticed more people on the 16A (weather that be because its a double decker or the new timetable.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Stu

Quote from: GoldenSquid on July 29, 2023, 07:41:13 PMFrom walking through Birmingham I have noticed more people on the 16A (weather that be because its a double decker or the new timetable.
(Split from Rotala Management topic, as that's not for 'general discussion')

To be honest, I would expect more passengers to use Diamond services now, especially (like myself) existing NX-only pass holders, who can just get on the first bus that comes.

This afternoon in Kings Heath, I waited nearly 10 minutes for a 50 to show up, and I was expecting it to be rammed full. As it happened, the first one that came was a lightly-loaded Diamond Metrodecker, which I promptly boarded. There was one lady at the stop who indicated to others she was waiting "for the West Midlands one", perhaps she was going to Druids Heath I don't know, I didn't hang around to ask to be honest.

There was another younger lady who had a paper ticket (presumably an nBus day ticket), who was being told by another gentleman in the queue that she "couldn't use it on this bus".

Maybe as Simon has suggested, TfWM would do well to launch a media campaign to clarify to people what has happened with ticketing changes.

The other aspect to this, which I don't think I've seen mentioned, is that this has essentially brought to an end the existing 'partnerships' on the 31/32, 40 and 42/43 routes.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2023, 08:16:52 PM(Split from Rotala Management topic, as that's not for 'general discussion')

To be honest, I would expect more passengers to use Diamond services now, especially (like myself) existing NX-only pass holders, who can just get on the first bus that comes.

This afternoon in Kings Heath, I waited nearly 10 minutes for a 50 to show up, and I was expecting it to be rammed full. As it happened, the first one that came was a lightly-loaded Diamond Metrodecker, which I promptly boarded. There was one lady at the stop who indicated to others she was waiting "for the West Midlands one", perhaps she was going to Druids Heath I don't know, I didn't hang around to ask to be honest.

There was another younger lady who had a paper ticket (presumably an nBus day ticket), who was being told by another gentleman in the queue that she "couldn't use it on this bus".

Maybe as Simon has suggested, TfWM would do well to launch a media campaign to clarify to people what has happened with ticketing changes.

The other aspect to this, which I don't think I've seen mentioned, is that this has essentially brought to an end the existing 'partnerships' on the 31/32, 40 and 42/43 routes.

TfWM ought to produce a booklet similar to what NX produced when shutting the Travelshops, telling you what's available, what's valid where etc etc.

Only thing is now, is there's no obvious places locally where the booklets can be collected from now.

The only place in Walsall Bus Station used to be the newsagents, which shut not long after the Travelshops closed & the place that took it over, the community hub / cafe thing is only open certain hours out of the day!

Tony

When I was taking a bus to paint this afternoon one of the newly acquired ex First Streetlites went across at The Scott Arms with some new panels on looking like it was off for painting

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 31, 2023, 08:45:56 PMWhen I was taking a bus to paint this afternoon one of the newly acquired ex First Streetlites went across at The Scott Arms with some new panels on looking like it was off for painting
There's already a number of the first batch of 14 x Streetlites painted & in store over the road from the main Tividale depot.

Trident 4194

spacecowboy150

I feel bad for any 002 users in that case

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on August 04, 2023, 11:38:46 PM@Simon Dunn

I would like to bring to your attention to the fact I was waiting in Halesowen Bus Station earlier this afternoon (04/08) for the 14:37 4H to Walsall I was watching the bus on bustimes (30706; 14:28 journey ex Hayley Green) the bus DID NOT serve the bus station as you will see on the tracking data; the bus came to the roundabout at the bottom of Hagley Road (by Lidl) and turned right back towards Shenstone Island, it wasn't just me waiting. There  was quite a crowd in the bus station and I had to wait a further 30 mins for another Diamond 4H to Walsall to arrive, I did not get the NX 4H for the fact that most of the passengers that were waiting for (30706) ended up getting on that one thus meaning it got full quite quick. Upon further investigation it appears that 30706 returned to depot. I was wondering whether you could look into this as it was quite frustrating having to delay my journey. 
I believe the bus had a suspension issue hence why it returned to depot.
it's been a while....

Westy

Westy

According to Bustimes, only 2 buses on the 326.

Is that right?

Westy

The 326 seems to be on diversion, not serving Dudleys Fields, due to works taking place near to Bloxwich railway station, according to my nephew who lives right by the affected area.

The journeys are operating direct via Sneyd Lane instead.

Nothing online about it, it appears.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk