News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Jamie A on July 11, 2023, 06:11:14 PM1 FJ55BWA & 27 FJ55BWD have both now left for scrap
Quite liked the arriva darts. Sad they've gone now. Bit of the arriva dart history at cannock now a memory

Jamie A

They served their purpose with us but the ex stagecoach darts are much better
Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 11, 2023, 06:27:40 PMQuite liked the arriva darts. Sad they've gone now. Bit of the arriva dart history at cannock now a memory

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jamie A on July 11, 2023, 06:57:49 PMThey served their purpose with us but the ex stagecoach darts are much better

the Thandi ones? I doubt they had little or any maintenance when owned by them 

Straightlines

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 11, 2023, 07:10:40 PMthe Thandi ones? I doubt they had little or any maintenance when owned by them
Source?  Quite a damaging thing to say on a public forum!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Straightlines on July 11, 2023, 09:06:49 PMSource?  Quite a damaging thing to say on a public forum!

Not really they don't exist anymore anyway  

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 11, 2023, 09:16:00 PMNot really they don't exist anymore anyway 
Thandi Executive are still operating 

MW

Are these the same batch of vehicles that appear to be travelling long distances around the country to places like Lincoln / Oxford etc doing Rail Replacement work and working for Guru Travel?

Maintenance seems well enough to be able to cope with these distances on a regular basis...

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2023, 10:11:48 PMThandi Executive are still operating

Yes but not the bus side of the business 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 11, 2023, 11:23:21 PMYes but not the bus side of the business
So that makes it ok to make unsubstantiated claims about an existing company. 

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on July 11, 2023, 06:57:49 PMThey served their purpose with us but the ex stagecoach darts are much better
Least you managed to keep em going a lot longer than Chaserider could 

ntw456

Quote from: hlliwmai on July 11, 2023, 07:10:40 PMthe Thandi ones? I doubt they had little or any maintenance when owned by them

We only had one from thandi and it was in a much better state than the arriva ones.

Wumpty

Many of us of a certain age will remember the Thandi/Transol/Taj Coaches era of the 80s/90s where that reputation was well known.

Thankfully with more stringent TC/VOSA checks and a better understanding of customer service needs, operators have understood the need for a greater approach to maintenance and image. Gone are the days of buying any old nail and pressing it into service to make a few bob.

I always live by the mantra - if I wouldn't say it in court, I wouldn't post it here! 
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Grinder

Are  15- YX 13 BNU and 36 - SGZ 3534 still in their old livery ? I know 37 - Yj 08 PKX is still white because I saw it in Stafford yesterday. Any sign of repaints if they are ?

Jamie A

Quote from: Grinder on July 19, 2023, 10:03:49 AMAre  15- YX 13 BNU and 36 - SGZ 3534 still in their old livery ? I know 37 - Yj 08 PKX is still white because I saw it in Stafford yesterday. Any sign of repaints if they are ?

15 YX13BNU is in Travel Telford livery 
36 SGZ3534 is still grey 

Versa 37 YJ08PKX is still blue/grey 
Versa 3   YJ08PKY is still white 

Pulsar 33 YJ57BOH is still white 
E200 32 KX08HMD is still white 

Repaints will hopefully be happening during the school summer holidays 

Grinder

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk