News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: MW on May 03, 2023, 06:41:54 PMPerhaps the owner of these two vehicles is Rotala Shared Services, a separate company to Diamond Bus.

There would have to be a sign stating that the vehicle is On Hire to Diamond Bus, if it's been operating services registered under the Diamond Bus O'licence.

Looking at Companies House and according to the most recent Financial Statement (Nov 21), Rotala Shared Services has £11million in Assets. What I'd suggest is that maybe £11million's worth of vehicles are held/owned by Rotala Shared Services and are then leased to other Rotala subsidiaries such as Diamond Bus, DBNW & Preston Bus. This is a form of protection which is one of the major benefits of having Group Infrastructure; removal of all Assets from the Operating Company should anything go wrong and that Operating Company fails.
If you look at the history of the company, it used to be called Dunn-Line (Flights) Ltd, then Flights Hallmark Ltd, then Wessex Bus Ltd and now Rotala Shared Services Ltd.

The company has and was a operating subsidiary, and overtime built up Capital and reserves.  A few years back we wanted to change how we buy parts/ goods.  There were several reasons for this.

Moving to using one legal entity to acquire everything means we can in effect set them up once rather than multiple times and apply them to our systems once/ and manage one ledger balance rather than 5.  

When it came to the new buses - Rotala shared services did acquire the buses and paid cash for them.  This is why Wrights  placed the name on the side of the bus.

Michael Bevan

30169 has now been repainted into Brighter Diamond colours and has been transferred to Redditch. Seen it yesterday on the 52A and 58.

cris 99

30170 is also now in blue and based at Redditch 
17//72/73/97/X12

hlliwmai

Has the May fleet list been issued yet? 

winston

hlliwmai

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on June 02, 2023, 10:38:55 PMIt's not on the main page yet
Give me chance to go through it. I do have a full time job you know.

Tony

They are on the main site now, along with the Arriva ones
Rotala Fleet changes (wmbusphotos.com)

hlliwmai

I've just seen 30960 (EU06 WGM) on the Newton Road displaying "76 Sutton Coldfield" on the blinds heading up towards Scott Arms, I thought this had been withdrawn? Does anyone know if it's sold or re-instated?

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on June 18, 2023, 01:14:10 PMI've just seen 30960 (EU06 WGM) on the Newton Road displaying "76 Sutton Coldfield" on the blinds heading up towards Scott Arms, I thought this had been withdrawn? Does anyone know if it's sold or re-instated?
On the most recent update list, it's shown as transferred to Tamworth. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 18, 2023, 01:27:00 PMOn the most recent update list, it's shown as transferred to Tamworth.

@Steveminor said it had been withdrawn so I'm not sure  

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 18, 2023, 01:27:00 PMOn the most recent update list, it's shown as transferred to Tamworth.
They don't transfer to Tamworth Tamworth is part of tividale

BK63 YWP

QuoteThey don't transfer to Tamworth Tamworth is part of tividale
Tamworth is an outstation so is classed as depot... so buses can transfer to Tamworth. They probably go back to tividale for major maintenance. 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on June 18, 2023, 05:39:59 PMThey don't transfer to Tamworth Tamworth is part of tividale
Tamworth has its own allocation on the company fleetlist

Trident 4194

I saw a dart heading out off tividale last week one day and it was displaying 78 on the blinds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk