News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 10, 2022, 01:39:43 PMI can't share the video unfortunately but I've been sent a video off TikTok
The forum software should embed TikTok videos if you just paste the video link in a post.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Unbelievable I wonder when he last looked in his near side mirror.

fleetline6477

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 10, 2022, 01:39:43 PMI can't share the video unfortunately but I've been sent a video off TikTok whereby one of the ex-Yellow Buses Streetlites I don't know when it was but on the 002 coming into Merry Hill Bus Station it has somehow become detached from 2 of its side panels on the near side and the driver has clearly continued driving / hasn't noticed.
I wonder when he last looked in his near side mirror, there could be a blue panel in Howley Grange Road, Colley Gate or anywhere en-route. Could be an interesting chat back at depot!!

karl724223

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 10, 2022, 11:03:01 PMI wonder when he last looked in his near side mirror, there could be a blue panel in Howley Grange Road, Colley Gate or anywhere en-route. Could be an interesting chat back at depot!!
it happened at merry hill leaving the stand bus went up to island and came back into merry hill

markcf83

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 10, 2022, 11:03:01 PMI wonder when he last looked in his near side mirror, there could be a blue panel in Howley Grange Road, Colley Gate or anywhere en-route. Could be an interesting chat back at depot!!

......a very interesting discussion indeed.......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

20050 seems to be the only bus maintaining the 326 at the moment.

A lady I was talking to at Willenhall said she came for 2 earlier buses, which never turned up!
(She said a 41 had broken down as well!)

Luckily, I was late out of work today, else I would've been caught by the Oos vehicles as well!

Heavy loaded Solo as a consequence!

hlliwmai

I was speaking to a driver yesterday and he's heard that from January Diamond have won the contract to operate the 45 Walsall - West Brom he doesn't know any other details whether they'll be running all journeys i.e. including late nights & Sunday's but he did tell me that apparently it will be interworking with the 16 so you'll do a 45 to Walsall & back; change to a 16 go to Birmingham & back he did tell me though the 16 will be reverting back to do what it did before i.e. go to Birmingham and back to West Bromwich Diamond will no longer be running the Hamstead shorts as they do currently. 

cris 99

The 45 isnt a tendered route so they cant have won it. Not sure about evenings and sundays though, but streetlights definately wouldnt cope on the 45 so if they did do the route what would they use?
17//72/73/97/X12

Lukeee

Not usually one to check and report things from bustimes but one of the streetlights is running over 3 hours late on the 50, presuming it will miss a trip or 2 out, think it was fleet number 32307 

hlliwmai

Quote from: cris 99 on November 26, 2022, 04:37:09 PMThe 45 isnt a tendered route so they cant have won it. Not sure about evenings and sundays though, but streetlights definately wouldnt cope on the 45 so if they did do the route what would they use?

Probably the Claribels DAF's as they'll be spare due to the fact Diamond are coming off the 94 in January  

Jack

Quote from: cris 99 on November 26, 2022, 04:37:09 PMThe 45 isnt a tendered route so they cant have won it. Not sure about evenings and sundays though, but streetlights definately wouldnt cope on the 45 so if they did do the route what would they use?
The Streetlites aren't much bigger than the E200's NX use on it so I'm not sure how they wouldn't cope. The 45 carries fresh air during daytimes, and the evenings would definitely be able to cope with a Single, the 45 doesn't warrant doubles on every board.

Also, full size singles do struggle around the route, hence why WB have stopped using Omnilinks as such because they can be a pain to navigate and easily get stuck.

metrocity

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 26, 2022, 05:42:08 PMProbably the Claribels DAF's as they'll be spare due to the fact Diamond are coming off the 94 in January  
No chance. They are Euro 6 so would be far more valuable if utilised elsewhere

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteThe Streetlites aren't much bigger than the E200's NX use on it so I'm not sure how they wouldn't cope. The 45 carries fresh air during daytimes, and the evenings would definitely be able to cope with a Single, the 45 doesn't warrant doubles on every board.

Also, full size singles do struggle around the route, hence why WB have stopped using Omnilinks as such because they can be a pain to navigate and easily get stuck.
The 45 does get some help in the day on Matchdays for Walsall FC as 45 is a more popular choice as on match days the 45 are absolutely rammed unlike  Diamonds 401E 

hlliwmai

Just coming through West Brom in the car and coming out the bus station was 32238 (SK17 HHL) and it has been debranded from 31/32 and is now totally plain like the Claribels VDL (32136) in the same livery 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk