News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

There's a Claramond (Diamond in Claribel colours) currently on the 96. It bounced up Burtons Way about 10-15 minutes ago, going towards Kingstanding. Bustimes says it is 32127, but going to Chelmsley Wood.

It was displaying "32 - Lower Farm" as its destination. Not what I was expecting to see up here!

hlliwmai

Simon, 

I remember reading not long ago that Diamond were planning on extending the 226 to serve Wall Heath I know that these plans have been put on the back burner BUT please consider my idea instead of following through with the plans of serving Wall Heath could the 226W not be reinstated I don't remember the 226W very well but I am told it was a nice route I assume it was the current 226 route to Dudley then followed the 74 into West Bromwich via Great Bridge? I think it would be an idea worth considering and if you think about it Diamond could poach some NX customers off the 4M perhaps? I think it would probably take around the same time as the 4M does from West Brom to Merry Hill I think it would be worth while trialing it perhaps if it works fantastic if not then no damage done. 

the trainbasher

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 17, 2022, 09:16:36 PMSimon,

I remember reading not long ago that Diamond were planning on extending the 226 to serve Wall Heath I know that these plans have been put on the back burner BUT please consider my idea instead of following through with the plans of serving Wall Heath could the 226W not be reinstated I don't remember the 226W very well but I am told it was a nice route I assume it was the current 226 route to Dudley then followed the 74 into West Bromwich via Great Bridge? I think it would be an idea worth considering and if you think about it Diamond could poach some NX customers off the 4M perhaps? I think it would probably take around the same time as the 4M does from West Brom to Merry Hill I think it would be worth while trialing it perhaps if it works fantastic if not then no damage done.
The 226W was a tendered route as part of the Sandwell Network Review and was withdrawn when igo won the 226 contract iirc

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hlliwmai

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 17, 2022, 10:13:08 PMThe 226W was a tendered route as part of the Sandwell Network Review and was withdrawn when igo won the 226 contract iirc
Be nice if it was to get reinstated though 

BK63 YWP

According to a post on the rotala enthusiast page Diamond has purchased a ex yellow bus streetlite.

@Simon Dunn do you know how many have been purchased?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 21, 2022, 06:53:51 PMAccording to a post on the rotala enthusiast page Diamond has purchased a ex yellow bus streetlite.

@Simon Dunn do you know how many have been purchased?
19 in total have been acquired, all 13/14 plate.

15 are for Preston Bus, 4 for Diamond West Midlands to replace older buses, most likely Volvo's B7RLE

Jack

Quote from: winston on September 21, 2022, 07:18:28 PM19 in total have been acquired, all 13/14 plate.

15 are for Preston Bus, 4 for Diamond West Midlands to replace older buses, most likely Volvo's B7RLE
Personally I can see them seeing off the last few Darts and also 30638 which has seen better days.

Westy

Quote from: winston on September 21, 2022, 07:18:28 PM19 in total have been acquired, all 13/14 plate.

Could those 4 for the  Wm replace the Volvos that are branded for the 31 / 32, 42 / 43, so all Diamonds contribution for those routes are Streetlites?

winston

Quote from: Jack on September 21, 2022, 08:30:41 PMPersonally I can see them seeing off the last few Darts and also 30638 which has seen better days.
I was referring to Preston Bus with most likely replacing Volvo's (i.e. ex First ones 55/06/56 plates), it hasn't been decided which depot the 4 destined for Diamond WM will be heading.  

hlliwmai

30407 is tracking on the 202 has this transferred to Kidderminster? 

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 22, 2022, 01:32:52 PM30407 is tracking on the 202 has this transferred to Kidderminster?
May just be a loan as it was up for sale. 

Kidderminster have gained 20868 & 30406 from Redditch by all accounts

hlliwmai

Quote from: winston on September 22, 2022, 06:28:35 PMMay just be a loan as it was up for sale.

Kidderminster have gained 20868 & 30406 from Redditch by all accounts
I've been told that 20869 has also been  transferred to Kidderminster now that Redditch haven't got the Stratford work they have surplus buses which they obviously don't need. But that being said I'm very very surprised the Johnson's Scania's haven't been painted and those haven't been sent to Kidderminster although stranger things have happened...

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 22, 2022, 09:24:23 PMI've been told that 20869 has also been  transferred to Kidderminster now that Redditch haven't got the Stratford work they have surplus buses which they obviously don't need. But that being said I'm very very surprised the Johnson's Scania's haven't been painted and those haven't been sent to Kidderminster although stranger things have happened...
The 4 ex Johnson's Scania's have been sold to Ensign as part of the deal to buy the 19 ex Yellow Buses Streetlites. 

cris 99

Not forgetting they have lost all the ex johnsons E200s to either kidderminster or Midland Classic. 
17//72/73/97/X12

winston

Quote from: cris 99 on September 23, 2022, 05:42:02 AMNot forgetting they have lost all the ex johnsons E200s to either kidderminster or Midland Classic.
Plus the 2 x Streetdecks to Midland Classic (40725/6)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk