News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Solo1

Post on Facebook says the Solihull services Johnsons ran will.be run by stagecoach 

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on August 22, 2022, 02:26:22 AMPost on Facebook says the Solihull services Johnsons ran will.be run by stagecoach

Was confirmed by Tony here: https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=303744
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tamwoth 20737 on the fuelling bay at the Fox & Goose BP Garage earlier. Never seen a bus parked in there before. Had 25 on the display.

Also saw NX PB 4480 go down the Alum Rock Road on the other side of it, which only normally sees Omnilinks on the 28 and diamond solo 93.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

I notice that 21106, 30964 & 30966 have had the 35/35A branding removed obviously this is because that from the end of this month the 35 will no longer exist although the 35A is being retained (for now) I very much doubt Diamond will introduce a new branding just specifically for that route. 

samuel derrington

@Simon Dunn might be a bit early to ask but when will the names be changed on the midland classic buses  over to diamond if it's going to happen please 

BK63 YWP

Quote@Simon Dunn might be a bit early to ask but when will the names be changed on the midland classic buses  over to diamond if it's going to happen please
I read somewhere by October 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Simon Dunn

Quote from: samuel derrington on August 25, 2022, 04:19:08 PM@Simon Dunn might be a bit early to ask but when will the names be changed on the midland classic buses  over to diamond if it's going to happen please
We are going to start and dual brand them.  This should happen now.

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 26, 2022, 05:12:13 AMWe are going to start and dual brand them.  This should happen now.
Is that something along the lines of 'Midland Classic - Part Of The Diamond Group '?

You didn't do that when you had Central & the other companies ISTR.

You just put the new fleetname over the top!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2022, 07:01:00 AMIs that something along the lines of 'Midland Classic - Part Of The Diamond Group '?

You didn't do that when you had Central & the other companies ISTR.

You just put the new fleetname over the top!
I'd imagine that was at least partly down to Central Buses etc being West Midlands based, so they were integrated fairly easily into the existing West Midlands operation.

Midland Classic is going to become it's own 'division' as Diamond East Midlands, alongside NW, WM etc. Most of the areas it serves don't have any existing Diamond services, so customers won't be as familiar with the Diamond brand, so it makes sense to have a transitional period in my opinion.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

hlliwmai

is there any reason why Diamond haven't been tracking on bustimes for 2 or 3 days?

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 08, 2022, 11:56:19 AMis there any reason why Diamond haven't been tracking on bustimes for 2 or 3 days?
Because their feed is inactive:
https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/dataset/7871/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

However, the bus tracker on Diamond's website is still working.

hlliwmai

32235 on a 94E to Ward End. According to bus times was running 40 minutes late.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk