News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Had a newly repainted Pulsar in WMB livery on the 94 today.
However maybe it's not too wise to use a two tone red bus with West Midlands fleetnames on a route it shares with another operator in two tone red with West Midlands fleetnames. Confused a lot of people!

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on June 01, 2022, 04:14:01 PMHad a newly repainted Pulsar in WMB livery on the 94 today.
However maybe it's not too wise to use a two tone red bus with West Midlands fleetnames on a route it shares with another operator in two tone red with West Midlands fleetnames. Confused a lot of people!
To be fair, that happens already in West Bromwich & Walsall!

fleetline6477

Quote from: Gareth on June 01, 2022, 04:14:01 PMHad a newly repainted Pulsar in WMB livery on the 94 today.
Totally agree with you over the colour issue. The WMB livery should be a neutral colour, you're right they look too much like NX livery. Centro, Network WM, TfWM whoever have always favoured TWM, NX over other operators. 

andy41

Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 01, 2022, 09:54:59 PMTotally agree with you over the colour issue. The WMB livery should be a neutral colour, you're right they look too much like NX livery. Centro, Network WM, TfWM whoever have always favoured TWM, NX over other operators.
It's the Street Machine himself who favours them and you can thank him for the livery. Of course, as far as he's concerned it's a 'happy coincidence'. 

MW

Quote from: andy41 on June 08, 2022, 09:17:17 PMIt's the Street Machine himself who favours them and you can thank him for the livery. Of course, as far as he's concerned it's a 'happy coincidence'.

Isn't the red shade of paint at the front of the vehicle the same red as the NX 2008-2015 livery? I always thought it was. 

Quote from: ellspurs on June 10, 2022, 05:08:22 PMGood afternoon, Simon.

This afternoon, my mother attempted to catch a 94 service in Birmingham City Centre, using her concessionary bus pass. The driver stated to her that Diamond didn't accept those passes, so she had to get off and catch a NXWM 94 home instead. The Diamond website has a nice recent article stating that Diamond accept them. Is this not the case? She now feels that she has to wait for an NX bus to ensure she can travel, when she used to prefer using Claribels services that she had been using since the mid 90s.

Any chance of a clarification please?

They do accept the concessionary passes providing it was after 9.30.
 The ticket machine probably declined the pass for some reason, fault with the machine maybe. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

For anyone interested 31/32 branded Streetlite 30170 is currently working out of Redditch depot and is today on Stratford services  

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on May 31, 2022, 08:11:15 PMHad my first experience today of an ex Claribels Optare Versa. A newly repainted example on the 94.
Wasn't keen. Weird door, cramped and very uncomfortable seats. However other passengers were heard commenting on what a posh bus it was with its leather seats and seatbelts.
I happily agree with those passengers, they don't feel cramped at all, comfy and can move! Versa's are lovely, and these have been looked after well. They even have very strong heating too, which is a positive for the Winter. If anything these are nicer than the ex Central Buses one which are really nice. These are longer than those as well I think. 
Nice to see them being used for service work as opposed to the odd chance of them being on S16 at Claribels.

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on June 18, 2022, 12:32:22 PMFor anyone interested 31/32 branded Streetlite 30170 is currently working out of Redditch depot and is today on Stratford services 
Hope the good people of Stratford don't think Mossley & Lower Farm are 'places to visit ', as they will be sorely disappointed?

MW

Quote from: Westy on June 18, 2022, 03:20:49 PMHope the good people of Stratford don't think Mossley & Lower Farm are 'places to visit ', as they will be sorely disappointed?

It's on the X20, or was when I saw it in Solihull. 

Former Signature 30167 back in Solihull today too.

Westy

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Ginger66

If you put fares up you will drive people from bus to car which you don't want to do.  Hopefully it will be a fare drop to encourage passengers to return to buses

Straightlines

Quote from: Ginger66 on June 20, 2022, 04:03:13 PMIf you put fares up you will drive people from bus to car which you don't want to do.  Hopefully it will be a fare drop to encourage passengers to return to buses
If only it were that simple!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk